3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

please tell me the scale is broken...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
the chubby child
 
plum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 31

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'7"

Default please tell me the scale is broken...

...because i haven't lost a darned thing. nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch. i don't know if it's stress or not, but aren't you supposed to plateau *after* you've lost some weight?

anybody have some tricks to kick me back into gear? and fast?

(because there's no way i can make the 5-lbs by valentines anymore.)
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
jademarlene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 427

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Default

Okay, your scale is broken. Then again maybe not, I put two pounds on in my first two weeks of doing everything right. It may be your body is in a flux right now because of the changes. Try not to get discouraged, although that is pretty easy to do, keep doing the right thing and hopefully you will see the scale moving down and down and down.
__________________


jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
Madeleine
 
fatmad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: rural southwestern Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,424

S/C/G: sw187/cw179/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default

This is what I used to keep me from losing weight....same would happen to me, and I would say "I gain weight when I try to lose. " So I just kept letting my weight creep up without going on.
SO yes, don't get discouraged it will get better, you will get better at eating on plan, you will get better at exercising regularly and your weight will go down.
I am now 13 pounds down. I finally got better at it too.
best wishes
__________________
Fatmad

zen and the art of weight loss, finding the true path of en-lighten-ment

fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #4
Just Yr Everyday Chick
 
JayEll's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 10,098

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Default

Plum, what is your plan? I don't remember seeing it. Maybe folks can make some suggestions.

Jay
__________________
"My religion is kindness." --His Holiness the Dalai Lama

JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:24 AM   #5
Grasshopper
 
RedKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 97

S/C/G: 197/117/100

Height: 4'10"

Default

Please, please keep at it. I have been struggling for 6 months to lose the same 1o pounds...and now finally, the weight loss has kicked back in. It will happen. I know from experience how frustrating it is. But it will be worth it.

What worked for me is I made "smoothies" for one day... that's all I ate and the next day I saw progress. So after I have incorporated a smoothie or juiced apples and carrots as one of my meals and I have seen loss. My smoothie has no yogurt, only fruits with some apple juice to de-thicken it. May not work for everyone, but it's definately helped me. Plus even though it does not matter when you eat your calories, for some reason, I stop by 5 pm. If I eat later I don't see results. But again, that's me....
__________________
Kat~~
The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]
RedKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:44 AM   #6
3 + years maintaining
 
rockinrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,070

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post
...because i haven't lost a darned thing. nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch. i don't know if it's stress or not, but aren't you supposed to plateau *after* you've lost some weight?

anybody have some tricks to kick me back into gear? and fast?

(because there's no way i can make the 5-lbs by valentines anymore.)
How long have you been doing this that you haven't lost anything?

When you say tricks to kick you back into gear, does that mean that you've strayed from your plan?


It's really hard to answer your ? without knowing the answers to the above.

Let us know. Don't give up. We're here to help you tweak things so that you can get that scale, ahem - unbroken, if that's even a word.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
the chubby child
 
plum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 31

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
How long have you been doing this that you haven't lost anything?

When you say tricks to kick you back into gear, does that mean that you've strayed from your plan?
Months. Years? I've weighed the same since the 6th grade, with varying levels of commitment to weight loss.

I haven't strayed, I'm just trying to find out how much i really have to push myself. Trying my hardest isn't hard enough yet.
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:30 PM   #8
No description available.
 
midwife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 7,348

Default

Can you give us a typical day's food and exercise?
__________________
"And that's how Beowulf rolls"~ my DD
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #9
3 + years maintaining
 
rockinrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,070

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post
Months. Years? I've weighed the same since the 6th grade, with varying levels of commitment to weight loss.

I haven't strayed, I'm just trying to find out how much i really have to push myself. Trying my hardest isn't hard enough yet.
Weight loss is a doable thing, for sure. It's not some hare-brained wacky scheme. It's a proven fact that it CAN occur. But yes, it DOES take commitment and HARD work.

You haven't strayed. So what exactly is your plan? Are you counting your calories? Are you being consistient? It's really hard to advise you with out a little more info. So get back to us. You've got a whole site here full of supportive and intelligent people, very willing to help.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #10
Reached Goal Sept 11/09
 
MrsWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 216

S/C/G: 228/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Weight loss is a doable thing, for sure. It's not some hare-brained wacky scheme.
Robin, can I tell you that I laugh every time I read that? I think that is exactly what I thought for a long time. Between all the ads for diet pills and cleanses (which even I knew couldn't possibly work) and my own refusal to put the effort in, it just seemed like some big scam.

Thanks for the giggle!

Peace, Heather
__________________
A year from now, you'll be glad you started today.


Started July 22, 2008
Reached goal September 11, 2009


Post thesis weightloss

MrsWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #11
3 + years maintaining
 
rockinrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,070

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWolf View Post
Robin, can I tell you that I laugh every time I read that? I think that is exactly what I thought for a long time. Between all the ads for diet pills and cleanses (which even I knew couldn't possibly work) and my own refusal to put the effort in, it just seemed like some big scam.

Thanks for the giggle!

Peace, Heather
Oh gosh. Have I been repeating myself again? I've used that line before, haven't I?

Well, it's what I really believe though. No pills, no jump starts, no detoxing, no magic potions, no hypnotists, no "tricking" your metabolisim, no miracles, no starvation, no deprevation - required. Just plain old SENSIBLE and INTELLIGENT eating. Changing the way we think about food. Took me years, make that decades to figure it out. I'm very S L O W.

Took me a long
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weekend On The Beach Chat cottagebythesea South Beach Diet 46 01-28-2008 04:04 AM
Friends around the World # 10. Shad Support Groups 544 03-18-2006 11:58 PM
Doin' it the Old Fashioned Way #14!!!! aphil General Diet Plans and Questions 200 01-02-2003 01:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2