3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   great morning! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/163874-great-morning.html)

Thin4Good 02-07-2009 12:37 AM

great morning!

I went to the gym today to make an appointment with a personal trainer. they said I could be seen right then! So we talked about what I have been doing and the goals I want to achieve. Then she took me into their fitness assessment room. Well, I had written my "current" weight on several papers and I was convinced that I would weigh more on her scale (I weighed more on the locker room scale than the Wii Fit says) So- I stepped up there, just thinking I am going to look like a big liar. BUT, I actually weighed LESS than I said! :carrot: Only a pound, but I was happy. Next, I got pinched several times for body fat testing and that came out to 22.6! The computer said that was in the "ideal" range, but I am thinking maybe 15 would be a good place?? We'll see. I am going to start strength training and she is going to check the body fat percentages again in one month. They ALSO have another trainer there that has a lot of running experience so I am going to talk with her on Friday about my training. Hopefully she can give me some good advice.

Did I mention all of this was FREE?! I wish I had gone months ago!

Riayn 02-07-2009 04:39 AM

How fantastic that your gym provides fitness assessments and a personal trainer for free.
Best of luck getting your body fat down to 15%.

Thin4Good 02-07-2009 01:45 PM

thanks! The gym is free too! yay! Sometimes it pays to be a military wife!

bnorah 02-07-2009 01:53 PM

A free gym! That's so awesome!!

flatiron 02-11-2009 01:13 PM

Oh you must be going on base I heard that one is really nice but free trainers that is really GREAT!

I go to the downtown YMCA and it is $60.00 a MONTH and personal trainers cost $50 AN HOUR!

Your lucky you can go there!!

Keep up the good work you are looking good! If I could get my BMI even close to yours I'd be happy! :carrot:

Thin4Good 02-12-2009 11:36 PM

aww.. thanks flatiron! I am happy to have it. We also went to the Y until recently when I realized it wasn't actually in our budget! :lol: It's nice to be able to go to the base but I sure do miss the child care at the Y!

mandalinn82 02-13-2009 12:00 AM

15 is pretty low for a woman...to maintain normal hormones/menstruation/etc, the "essential fat" for women is at least 10-12%...Athletes in training are usually in the 14-18% range, so you'd be getting just about as low as you could -possibly- get if you went to 15%. "Ideal" for women is considered 20-24%...it's a "Fitness" level.

Congrats on the losses and the body fat % you've attained - already in the ideal/fitness range!

mygritsconfessions 02-13-2009 12:12 AM

Congrates Thin4good, sounds like your there! All the workouts and sweat have paid off. That is awesome ;-)

Sandy

Blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com

Sofia 02-15-2009 01:04 PM

Looks pretty good. Assessment for free. I hope you will get good advises from the trainer with running experience as well.