3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Help! Losing weight, but rings no longer fit? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/163811-help-losing-weight-but-rings-no-longer-fit.html)

junebug41 02-06-2009 11:14 AM

Help! Losing weight, but rings no longer fit?

So I'm losing weight. I feel awesome and I'm starting to fit into my pants again. However, I can't wear my wedding/engagement rings anymore! Over the last few days I've LOST another pound, but my fingers are so puffy that it hurts to wear them.

Normally, I'll have different levels of looseness" throughout the day, but they are tight all the time, which is very unusual. I also had my very first migraine yesterday. I hope I'm not having some sort of hormone meltdown :lol:

This doesn't make sense. Any ideas? :?:

luvja 02-06-2009 11:17 AM

I'm sorry I have NO idea, I just wanted to add, my best friend is that way! Since she went vegan and started losing weight her fingers swell. The nurse we worked with said it's due to poor circulation? I have no idea! Very strange.

junebug41 02-06-2009 11:20 AM

Well that wouldn't surprise me. I think I generally have poor circulation (My feet are like blocks of ice), but that's always been true. I just can't figure out why this would suddenly become a problem. I mean, I gaine 15+ pounds this fall and my rings didn't feel any tighter. 'Tis a mystery...

TJFitnessDiva 02-06-2009 11:21 AM

What kind of exercise are you doing? Are you walking?

junebug41 02-06-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanceDiva (Post 2598859)
What kind of exercise are you doing? Are you walking?

I do walk, but not everyday. I've been doing my cardio mostly at the gym- HIIT and jogging on the treadmill. I've eased up a little on my strength training and am doing more yoga.

TJFitnessDiva 02-06-2009 11:30 AM

My hands will swell if I'm not doing enough arm movements with exercise so maybe look at your work outs and see if that might be the case? Now if I'm not exercising my rings will slip off (I almost lost my engagement ring) so I wear them on a chain. Also check out your sodium intake.

If it's come on recently I would really consult your doctor though.

beerab 02-06-2009 11:58 AM

Do you drink enough water? Sometimes if you are dehydrated you can swell up a tiny bit- try upping water intake

JayEll 02-06-2009 12:19 PM

If you haven't been eating salty foods, and if drinking more water doesn't help, and if it's not your time of month, I would suggest you see your doctor. Swelling in the hands and/or face can be a sign of something serious, although usually it's just a temporary situation.

Jay

junebug41 02-06-2009 02:42 PM

Hmm.... Well now that I'm taking stock there's about a million reasons why I could be retaining water (more cardio and running, unusually warm weather), but TOM is not one of the reasons. I'm going to give it through the weekend before I alert the medical community. Probably just one of those flukey things! Thanks ladies!