Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 06:17 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #169

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday..... Weigh ins / Wacky/ Way to go Wednnesday
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 05-14-2002, 06:50 AM   #2  

Talking Top of the morning to you

Good Tuesday morning to everyone.
I am headed to go my pparents this morning. Plan to be on the highway by 6:30 this morning. They will be sooo shocked to see me so earrly. I went to bed at 8:30 last night and watched tv till 9. Then off with the lights. That is VERY VERY unusal for me.

I think I am trying to have a mood swinng.
I am very grief stricken for some reason. I want to EAT constantly. And as I just mentioned... I want to sleep.
I supposee my boddy wants me to visit TOM but it wwon't cooperate. Who knows... I just wish I would get back to norrmal me.

Kat... sounds like my family gatherings. I HATE reminiscing with family. No one ever sees anything the same. My siblings think just because I was the baby I was spoiled. I see me as spending my entire life trying to make up for me siblings heart aches they caused my parents. My sister... well she sees "everything" different than the rest of us. You would not even know we were talking about the same family.

Michelle..."recipe lady"... I want to know about those baked sweet potato fries. Tell me, tell me please.

Lucky... you have been one busy gal. My bacck would be killing me after all that you did.

MissMeliss... I think you will definitely lose those 20lbs if you follow WW program. Go for it girl !!!!!

Malia... You and I have totally opposite problems. Yourr TOM won't stop.. and mine won't start. LOL
I am happy to say though... I have not turrned to the food.

Okay ladies... I am out of here. I have a long drive ahead of me.

Tuesday TIPS....

drink that water
stay out of the sugar
drink that water
move your body
drink that water
journal your food
drink that water
repeat POSITIVE affirmationns {I do not cheat}
and did I mention.... drink that water. LOL
Old 05-14-2002, 07:56 AM   #3  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Day 1 OP

Good morning,

I did it, I did it....yesterday I stayed completely OP. I even banked 6.5 points plus 3 exercise points. Hooray for me.

I journaled it too and drank my water.

I am trying to have a repeat of yesterday today. Wish me luck.

Got to run. I should be working now.
Old 05-14-2002, 08:42 AM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Tuesday Tip day already.
I mirror 2cutes tip drink that water

I have already vacumed this morning Dh was beginning to thnk he live in a pig pen.
I hate house work didn't use to but I do now. I am off today but am going in to clean out the cabinets in the library kitchen. They are a mess.

It has turned off cool here it was 49 when we got up at 5:45. we turned off the AC and opened the windows.

Hope all of you have a great day I'll check back later welcome back Baylee.
Old 05-14-2002, 09:51 AM   #5  
I'm on my way!

Default Here comes the recipe lady!

Good morning everyone!

Susie great job...doesn't it feel good to be op for a whole day? Just think..you can do that today too and feel twice a great!! Its only 1 day at a time that we have to worry about...forget the whole big picture. Just live for today!

Ok 2Cute the sweet potatoe fries are great and easy. I preheat the oven to 400* then spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray then cut the sweet potato into fries and place them on the cookie sheet in a single layer and spray them with the spray. Sprinkle salt and/or pepper on them and bake them for about 15 minutes, then turn them. They will probably be soft by then...just cook them till they are the way you like them...the longer you cook the crispier they get but be careful or they will burn. If they seem dry just spray them again with the spray. I usually do when I turn them. Enjoy...believe it or not they even taste good with ketchup!

Now for the cabbage recipe:

Baked Red Cabbage with Raisins

1/4 cup cidar vinegar
3 T. packed light brown sugar
3 cups finely shredded red cabbage
1/2 med. red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 450*. Combine vinegar and sugar in a 2 qt. shallow baking dish and stir until the sugar disolves. Add the cabbage, onion and raisins, toss to combine. Cover and bake stirring after 10 minutes, until wilted, 30-40 minutes. Serve warm.

Makes 4 servings @ 1 point per serving.

Now...for breakfast this morning I made Oat bran banana muffins that were soooo good. The recipe is on the back of the quaker oat bran box. Its only 2 pts per muffin. I had three for breakfast with a giant mug of tea and I have been satisfied completely.

I will post that recipe later today. I have to go in the kitchen to get the box.

For now I will say TaTa and I'll catch up to you all soon! Oh before I forget...I talked to Tina last night and she is still OK but working double shifts so please forgive her...I have! She will be back!

Michelle
Old 05-14-2002, 05:59 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Well I did it. I went and got the two hanging flower baskets that I wanted for the front porch. I think I'll leave the new frying pan that I wanted for my Christmas list. I can never think of anything to put on it anyway and I can probably do without for another 8 months, especially with summer coming and grilling season upon us.

I did not do well yesterday. I guess points wise I'm pretty close (can you tell I didn't journal?) but I had KFC for dinner and a coney island with fries and a bowl of chili for lunch. Today I stopped at Dairy Queen and had a peanut buster parfait but the rest of the day was a 4 point ham sandwich and 2 apples. The oldest son is gone to school and honey is on his way home and we're having dinner out, just the 2 of us. I kind of like this new schedule of the son's.....school at night.

I can't stick around long, DH is almost home. I spent a good portion of the day with my foster sister, proof-reading some legal papers her atty sent over. Then I had to re-type some of it and fax them back. I hope to hear from him later tonight so that I can run her around tomorrow getting them filed with the court.

Hope you all have a good night. See ya later.
Old 05-14-2002, 08:48 PM   #7  

Baylee, It was so foggy this morning it was hard seeing to drive to work. The rest of the day has been wonderful. When I got home I hauled some more dirt and moved some objects so now I am ready to rake and mow, weather permitting. That should take up about a month!!!!!

I did walk for 15 min on my lunch hour. It wasn't much but better than nothing.

I am planting on Saturday no matter what. They are predicting snow here for Friday...now come on!!!!!

My sisters and their families are coming for a week in June so I have that to get ready for also.

For someone who doesn't do much I sure am busy.

Got this today and thought it was pretty funny:

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it
will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright.
Old 05-15-2002, 02:03 AM   #8  

Red face

HI guys... I am back.
I don't know if it was in here or the other site I post in... but someone mentioned their mother being gone now for 2 years and how much they missed her. Well... I want to thank you for sharing that. I had much more patience with my mom today remembering your post.
She can get on my nerves sometimes... and that did not used to happen very often. I don't know if I have changed or her. It doesn't really matter... I made the decision that I was going to be more patient with her... and it helped. Thanks for sharing.

It is 1am and I am verry sleepy so I will respond tomorrrow.
Just wanted to say hi.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:54 AM   #9  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Day 2 OP

2 days in a row, totally OP. I did it! And I had hamburgers for dinner (on my new George Foreman Grill). I only banked 1 point plus 3 exercise points, but that is okay, as I stayed OP. Today hasn't started off the best, as I was too tired to wake up and do my first 30 minutes on the bike, so I guess I will probably only has 1.5 exercise points for the day. Oh well.....

I have a 3 hour meeting/seminar this morning so hopefully that will curb my munchies, but just in case they have donuts or something like that, I am going to bring a granola bar, a rice krispy treat and my water. That should hold me.

2Cute: Welcome back. Patience is sometimes hard to come by, but time on this earth with family is so precious that we need to make every minute count.

LuckyLadyBug: Any amount of exercise is better than nothing. Keep up the good work.

Thin: Dinner alone with your husband sounds nice. I think once this month is over, me and DH need to schedule a 'date'.

Baylee: Thanks for the encouragement. Sounds like you are very motivated right now.

Michelle: It does feel good to stay OP. I just am doing like you said and taking it a day at a time (sometimes a minute at a time).

Grannie: I too hate doing housework, but I am always worried that someone is going to come over and see my house as a disaster area. I try to do a thorough cleaning once a week, just to prevent massive destruction.

Well, I have work to do, but I wanted to check in.

Have a great day!
Old 05-15-2002, 07:56 AM   #10  

2Cute My Mother died 31 years ago and I could write a novel on all the pain, hurt and crying I have gone through. It changes you forever. That is why I try to be with my Dad as much as possible. Sometimes he is difficult, sometimes it is a lot of work to take him places with his wheelchair, BUT most of the time we share wonderful times together. Most important, he is here. I don't believe we will ever regret what we "put up with" from our aging parents. While writing that last sentence I was reminded about all they "put up with" while we were growing up.

I am happy to report it is 57 here....yep, 57!!!!!! There is hope for Spring - at least for a day or two.

Malia, I bought a new rose bush and it is blooming on my porch. I will plant it this weekend. Cross your fingers for me!!!!

I have been doing good with my eating. I haven't actually been counting but just watching what I eat. I will see how the exercise goes and if increasing that starts the scale to move. How many calories do you burn raking?
Old 05-15-2002, 08:12 AM   #11  

Susie You were posting while I was composing. Isn't it the hardest to get up and exercise in the morning? I have heard regular exercisers say they "hate" it everyday. Well, I have trouble with that. If I hate it I know I won't do it so I keep working on finding what I will be able to do. I find I love walking in the evenings as an example. I am trying not to be so hard on myself because that sets me up to fail. I am going for averages or usual. I "usually" walk so that if I do miss a day I don't chuck the whole exercise plan. I know this is all in my head so I have to try to "fool myself"..... I think I have started to ramble.....

I saw an Oprah about older women and being the best you can be. Victoria Principal was on and said she eats chocolate twice a day, once at 11 and once at 4. It struck me that if you always KNOW you will have chocolate at 11 and 4 each day why would you binge at any one time because you know you will be having it again. I tend to think, for example "eat the whole pizza" and then I won't ever have it again. Okay, so it has taken me years to figure out this is stupid thinking......

But, I am getting smarter and have all of you so I know I will figure all of this out.

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:35 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good Morning all
I weighed this morning I am at 203 down 1 pound. I have been stuck for about a month. I have got my shower washed my hair and ate breakfast. got to work today 9-5:30.

Hope all of you have a great day.
Lucky. My Dad died when I was 9 and I lost my Step-Dad 9 years ago. I really miss them My mom is in a nursing home at a State Mental Hospital. I try to go see her as much as I can but it's hard. just wanted to share.

Do any of you take glucosamine condrotin for your joints? My knees hurt I was wondering if it would help. I think I need some kind of vitamins I am so tired lately.

Well I better run son is wanting to get on the computer he still hasn't found a job. I don't think he is looking.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:54 AM   #13  

Unhappy Rise ..... but no shine here.

Good morning.
It is a cloudy, dreary day here this morning.
You can hear the thunder rolling in.
It is actually kind of cool sounding.
Definitely a day you want to sleep in... but the bathroom calls.
Darn that drink your water, water, water.
I thought I better get this letter written before the storms get here and I have to get off line.

Mary... Thin can tell you all you need to know about glucosamine chondrotin. She got me started using it and I hear lots of people love it. I do know that if you are diabetic you should NOT use the MSN form. It will be added at the end...glucosamine chondrotin MSN.

I was going to reply to everyone individually ... but I am starving .... so I am going to go EAT.

Well today is multiple choice day. LOL
Weigh in... Wacky ...or Way to go Wednesday. ???
Well I am having a WHOA Wednesday. LOL
I cheated yesterday again. Grrrrr
Today is Whoa, stop, quit, halt, Whoa Wednesday.
I am keeping my butt home and getting a cheat free day again.
I can be sooo good and then I give into some "trivial" treat. Ugh.
I am putting a stop to this trivial cheats. WHOA !!!!!!!!
Okay... I am out of here.
Old 05-15-2002, 08:55 AM   #14  
I'm on my way!

Ok patience patience patience!

I just posted this big old long post with the recipe for the oat bran muffins and I was replying to 2cute about practicing patience with my little guy and what does HE DO? He pushes the button on the computer and shuts it down! Talk about practicing PATIENCE! Ugh................

I did let him live! He is happily running around the house chasing the dog now! Me on the other hand...well.....I am counting to 100!!

I don't have time to repost everything just now but I will get this recipe in and then come back later today. I have to go for a follow up dr. visit and get the zyrtec prescription again. I guess they only gave me a months supply to see if it worked ok. It surely did!

Oat Bran Muffins

2 cups oat bran cereal, uncooked
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup skim or 2% milk
2 egg whites, slightly beaten
1/4 cup honey or molasses
2 T. vegetable oil

Heat oven to 425*. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Combine dry ingredients and mix well. Add combined milk, egg whites, honey and oil mix till just moistened. Fill tins 3/4 full and bake 15-17 minutes.

You can add 1 mashed ripe banana or 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries.

I used the banana and it was really good!

Makes 12 muffins at 2 points each.

I'll be back later!

Michelle
Old 05-15-2002, 09:05 AM   #15  

Good morning everyone,

I slept the evening away. I just woke up to finalize some training notes. Today is the day. I start training the girl. I might be scarce from the website. I'll be pretty burned out by the end of work. Will be napping alot.

I didn't exercise today. TOM pretty much stopped except for one surge. Cross my fingers, but I'll be exercising this morning. I need the energy for training. I feel like a slug all day without exercise. Am I addicted? It feels good.

Thanks for the tip about scheduling chocolate instead of saying "this is the last time". It's like hitting your head against a wall.

It's three in the morning and I'll need to wake up in a couple of hours. See ya.

Malia
Closed Thread