300+ and Ready To Try Again...#168

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Happy you Mom's are having a good day. I don't have one so I will be going to see my Dad and then have dinner with my brother and his family later.

I too have made a decision...I am going to concentrate on exercising and not worry so much about my food. Exercise always gets neglected so maybe if I switch my focus I will get somewhere...hopefully, smaller.
  • Hello all
    My son hasen't even said Happy Mothers Day to me. DH went to McDonalds and got me a big breakfast this morning isn't he sweet. .
    I went to church and then went out for a lunch buffet knowing full well I didn't need it.
    DH is grilling steak for dinner I will do FF in the oven and I think steamed cabbage. Oh well tomorrow is another day
  • I walked, I walked, I walked....okay it was only a mile BUT I walked, I walked, I walked.....

Still have a sore throat so I will be off to take some Nyquil.

My nieces and nephews gave me a "Mother's Day" gift....wonder what they are up too?????
  • I'm baaaack!!

We just got over a severe thunder/lightening storm! Hopefully thats the last of it. The rain just poured down!

Well I did get the Log Cabin for Andrew. I just need to give it a quick cleaning up. It looks practically brand new! He will love it. He likes going in and out doors and looking out windows. It has a little table built on the inside wall and she gave us two little plastic chairs for it. I can't wait to get it cleaned up and set up for him!

Mary today is mother's day...so lets not worry about our food for one day..but enjoy it! I have a recipe for red cabbage if you like cabbage. Just call me the recipe lady!! LOL

Lucky thats a good way to take the focus off of food. When you start getting regular with exercising you won't want to ruin the results with food. Maybe I will try that. I am just waiting for my walking dvds to come in. (Good excuse not to start now huh?)

Arielle...welcome to our group! You will get the help and support you need along the way from this great group! Hope you had a great Mother's day with your kids!

Susie glad to see you posting again. Stay regular with us....when you are having a hard or stressful time is the time to be here...I know I tend to withdraw when I am doing bad...like I am right now!! But I am making myself stay here posting regularly and lurking too during the day...it keeps me away from the kitchen. And...reading all the posts good or bad keeps me going knowing I am not the only one experiencing the bad times with weightloss.

OK...we have some MIA people....Theresa, 2Cute, TINA oh TINA....where are you my friend...I miss you! Get your rear in gear and POST! I know you are out there!! Lets see, who else, Malia, Thin, Jen...I know I am forgetting someone....Duckie...MissMeliss...who else..help me out..come and post and tell me I forgot you so my brain will restart!

Ok the little guy is asleep now so I better go before I wake him up! I am craving popcorn....so off to the microwave I go!

Talk at you all in the morning! I think I am going to go apply for a job at the Hospital...don't know yet if I really want to go back to work right now.

Michelle
  • Hi everyone! NO, I didn't fall off the face of the earth, however, I feel like I did.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, DEAR FRIENDS!!!

You all know that I have foster sisters. Well one of them is in trouble. Her adoptive dad died in 1985 and her mom in 2000. She has an older brother. He is sueing her for his half of his mother's house, but isn't willing to give her her half of the money in the estate. So I've been helping her out, organizing paperwork and playing secretary when she meets with her attorney. YIKES! I spent 8 hours there on Friday!

Saturday, my nephew made his confirmation, so there was a party and I worked a theatre job in the morning.

Today, my oldest son got up and made us breakfast. My youngest son never did even say Happy Mother's day (don't feel bad Mary, guess there's more sons like that in the world ) It was also my DH's birthday today. So we did gifts with him this morning. I didn't get a card from anyone, but my mother. We took my mom and the In-laws to a Mother's Day brunch. That way my sister-in-law and I got out of kitchen duty too, so that was nice. My DH opened his birthday presents and then said, "for Mother's Day I'm getting you a couple of forsythia bushes (I do love them) and DS and I are going to dismantle the rock garden and put them there." Still no card!

Sooooooo, call me bad, but tomorrow I'm going out and buying the things for myself that I hinted to them that I wanted!!!

Sorry, I've read everything, but no time to catch up with everyone right now. Just:

Kat: [quote]See, this is how I get nothing done...I sit and debate with myself about what I could be doing, what I should be doing instead, why I can't do either and fritter away the time that I could have been doing what I talked myself out of! [/qote] This is ME!!! How did you know????

2cute: Congrats on your daughter's graduation! You must be soooo proud!!!

Arielle: Welcome Aboard! I know you're going to love it here. Hope you'll be back often.

Gotta run. Love to all
  • Happy Mother's Day
    Well, I have been missing for a couple of days.
    I hope everyone has had a wonderful Mother's Day.

My daughters graduation was wonderful. Nice weather and a very very nice day together. I do have to confess... I did not pig out ... but I did not stay on program either. My sister had never had a Krispy Kreme so I ate one of those. Then after dinner I ate a piece of graduation cake.
    It is funny how I think... LOL.... It was a "graduation" cake so I felt I "needed" to celebrate with it. LOL. It is not that it was soooo bad ... it was the "false" belief that since it was for my daughters celebration ... it was "justified".
    Then about 9pm I was starving and I ate a snack then too.

The good news is ... today for Mother's Day... I was right back on program again.
    I "wanted" to eat most of the day. LOL. But I didn't.
    We went out for lunch as a group ... and my husband and I shared a meal. He had eaten a large breakfast and wasn't hungry ... so I gave him half of mine and we were both satisfied.

I hope to get back tomorrow to respond to everyone. I am writing this off line and I have not read any posts since Friday.
    See you all Monday.
  • Mme again....
    I guess I am not only undisciplined with food.... I can't wait to read our thread either. LOL
    "Instant gratification"... it can be a curse.

Mary.. I know 3 people who have degrees in being a libraian.
    I never knnew that there was so much to know.
    I also felt bad not going to see my mom... but I feel my kids want to pay honor to me ... so it is always a catch 22. If we lived in the same town... we could have combined the two.

Katt... As always... you put a smile on my face.
    I liked your top 10 too. LOL

Arielle... I hope your injury is better today. Pain is not only painful... it is depressing too. I don't handle pain well.
    How nice of your sons to come to you and make your day less stressful. I understand your desire to avoid restaurants... but hope you soon just get out there and enjoy your life. I know it is hard not to let our weight dicate our lives... but we have everry RIGHT to be ouut there living too.

Thin...glad to see you back.
    I am sorry about the guys not buying your hints.
    I agree 100%... go buy what you did not get.

Lucccky...I never thought of it before... but I think you are right..I am an accident waiting to happen.

Susie....hang in there just one more week. I know you will reach that 50lb mark soon. Don't forget that one liner.... "losing weight sloowly is better than gaininng at any speed".

Michelle...um, I mean "Recipe Lady".
    I love red cabbage.... I want your recipe !!!! PLEASE !!!!
    I understand the not wanting to spend that $$$ at WW.
    Just think twice before quitting it.
    It can be done alone... but we all need support.

Okaay... I am falling asleep as I reread.
    I have to get to bed. I am sorry to all of you I missed.
  • Hello fellow chickies

just stopped in for a minute where is everyone? I am getting ready for work and need to eat breakfast but what is another question. I'll check back later.
  • Good Morning
    Here it is Monday morning... Mary has gone off to work... and I am here alone.

I do feel good about my day. I feel confident that I will remain cheat free today. It just "feels" better when I remain cheat free. It is definitely "easier" than trying to control cheat eatting. (How much is okay and how much is too much ) When I cheat it is never just one cheat... it always turns into 3-4 or more.

Motivation Monday....
    My motivation Monday is going to be the month of May.
    I want to lose at least 5 pounds in the month of May and I want to remain cheat free.
    I CAN do both. I will do both. I am determined !!!!
    I have put my past in the past... and I am working towards my future. What I ate yesterday... whether good or bad... doesn't matter today. TODAY is all I need to focus on. TODAY is a new day. TODAY I am cheat free.
  • Good morning
    I hope you all are having a good day.
    I didn't do very good food-wise over the weekend. However, I had gained some weight back a couple of weeks ago, and this past week I managed to lose 4.5 of that. Now I need to lose another 4.5 just to get back where I was a couple weeks ago. Then go on from there.

The sun is shining brightly here today. It figures. I have to go back to work today. Right now the temp is 53, so, I'm going to try to get outside for a while. Maybe mow lawn.

My hip & leg are better today, but still hurt if I move wrong.

Haven't had breakfast yet, but think I'll have Kashi cereal and fresh strawberries. Then for lunch I think I'll have pollock walleye fish and veggies. For supper I think a tiny chefs salad and some fat free cottage cheese.

Sunday is usually laundry day for me, but, I had a houseful of company all day, so I was too tired last night to do it, (good excuse) so I'm doing it today.

Well, I better get moving if I'm going to get anything done. You all have a wonderful day. See ya all later! Arielle

Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The
    saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might
    have, and should have.

Louis E. Boone
    (American Author)
  • Yipee !!!!!
    Baaayleeeeeee !!!!!!!!! I am sooo happy you are back. I missed you soooooo much.
    I see you came to the same conclusion as I did.
    I belong here... and if my nosey relative is shallow enough to spy on me.... then it is obviouus that she has a BIGGER problem than I do.
    Once I came to that conclusion I also send a couple of PMs for those very confiidential statements... but mainly I post whatever.
    Ssooooo happy you are back.

I can't post... I am on my way out the door.
    I just felt the need to read before I left.
    Love you all.
  • It's raining, it's pouring...the old man IS snoring!
    (He worked nights last night and he's still sleeping!) So he's not very good company today...neither are the kids, they're scattered, so here I am...all by my lonesome...but not lonely, by any means! I have my "classic rock"--which means I'm an old fart, I've been told--radio station on, so I'm singing and bopping around here as i pick up and putter around with the laundry...the never ending laundry ...I have dinner bubbling on the stove, AND I'm planning on going to the gym tonight before work...

Geez, they just said there will be a tornado watch AGAIN tonight! What is up with this strange weather? Generally NJ is NOT known for it's tornados...(hurricanes...yes, but not tornados!) It is just pouring right now...I hope the reservoirs are filling up, they were VERY low...we had been experiencing severe drought conditions, so this rain is quite welcome.

Mother's Day was nice...my son and I took a ride down to my Mom and Dads with my sister and her two boys...two of my brothers were there with their families too...it was nice...low key...I had a revelation while there...not really a revelation, more like a realization about myself. We were sitting around comparing "horror stories" about growing up and what my parents had to "endure" with us 5 kids. Every one always agrees about the fact that I was so bad...I used to go out with my friends (girlfriends, I might add) a lot...we'd stay out late, usually drinking and partying...I was never into drugs...never promiscuous, never in trouble with the law, never got myself pregnant, etc, etc....I liked to go out and have fun with my friends...for this I was ALWAYS in trouble, for coming home late...I had forgotten (blocked it out, maybe?) this one story about quietly coming in through the garage and my mother waiting for me...I was surprised by a smack right in the face for coming home so late! (3:30 or 4:00) I pointed out to my mother that if that was worst thing that I did, she was pretty lucky to have me...Now... my brothers, (who were never hit) have quite colorful tales to tell...one was arrested for possession of hash, one had practically a plantation of pot growing in the woods, one got his girlfriend pregnant and drained my parents of so much money, it's amazing....but MY name always comes up as the BAD one because I stayed out late! No wonder I have a bit of a skewed self image!

Ah well...I'm not going to dwell on it...what good would it do? I don't even know why I shared that with you guys, other than to write it down and purge it...

oops, gotta run and pick up my son...I'm late!

later...
  • Bayleeeee....meee too...I'm glad you are back! Let that nosey witch know that she can't stop YOU! You are important to us!

I had a busy day today. After John got back from Jersey applying for a union truck driving job I went to the hospital to apply for a job. The benefits are phenomenal....and...they have daycare on site. I just have to check out the cost! Hopefully things will work out here so keep your fingers and anything else crossed!

Then after that I went to Babies R Us and returned something and got another toilet seat lock...Andrew broke ours this morning...and these things are designed to keep the kids out huh? I also had a few bucks left from the return so I got him a short set. Then....I went grocery shopping...got some great deals on paper plates and cups, napkins, baked beans, pickles and relishes. We are having a memorial day cookout on sunday the 26th. If any of you can make it...please come! You are all invited!! That would be awesome!

We cooked burgers on the grill tonight. I got the 93% fat free. And I made the sweet potato fries in the oven. I am so thristy right now! Gotta go get something to drink.

I will catch up to you all later! Well...more like tomorrow! Have a great night!

Michelle
  • Yippee, Baylee, I am so happy you are back.

Well, I have to report NO walk today. It is so windy you can barely walk at all.

I did dig in the dirt, fill two 5 gallon pails with it and move it to another spot. I did that 6 times. Then I moved some cement blocks and a couple case iron pots. So, that was my exercise.

Still coughing and have a sore chest so I think it's off to Nyquil land one more time.

One day I hope to report I actually got to plant something...it's suppose to get into the mid 30's all week so I don't know if I dare plante yet.

Malia, you are soooo lucky...do you even know what 30 degree weather is???
  • Well tomorrow marks the start of my first day of FOOD modification. I am adopting the weight watchers point system once more and am ready to lose 20 pounds before i go to europe..woo hoo :-D