Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #1  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Default I have GOT to pull my head out the sand.

Normally, I would be all over this site you know, being on holidays and having all this spare time. But for some reason, I've had the spare time and I haven't been on 3FC. I've not gotten to the gym, played soccer or payed any attention to what I've put in my mouth over the holidays. I think I must go though periods of wanting to ignore my own health and progress in the weight loss arena in the name of holiday fun.
It makes me wonder what it is that makes me pull the covers up over my head and hope the fact my jeans have gotten a little snug over the holidays will just go away.
Oh dear. Maybe I'm just in a post-Christmas funk.
I do know that when I don't check in here that my plan has gone out the window. And by the looks of things, I haven't logged in since the middle of December...(is that even right??) I suppose the fact I'm here now is something. And having a glass of water while I write this. Small steps I guess. I know I'm not the only one with gravy-based remorse.
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:42 PM   #2  
No description available.

Hey Green!

You know what to do! This is just a speed bump. The fact that you are facing reality rather than covering your head with a blanket is so awesome! Work it the way you know it needs to be worked!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I agree. You had a holiday snag, now get BACK on plan. (small kick in the pants here) You don't need to start a plan, just go back on and don't worry about the snag. YOU can get there.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #4  
Surreality

I know exactly how you feel. I know what to do, but why don't I do it?

At least all of the holiday fun is behind us. I think it's great that you are getting yourself in gear to look to tomorrow and have put this behind you.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #5  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

welcome back! you made it

time to get back OP and out of the rut!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #6  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

MISERY IS OPTIONAL

this signature.

And just because losing weight is as simple as eating less and moving more doesn't mean it's easy.

Maybe start with a goal of planning breakfasts out for the whole week. Baby steps can make it less overwhelming.

Glad you are here!!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote