Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Yeah well, I sent everything that I had written in the letter to my grandmother and the email I got from my aunt to a good friend that's very good at being objective and asked for advice since I was feeling really badly and thinking gosh what if my letter did come across as mean and immature? So I'm feeling a lot better because my friend said I didn't write a mean letter at all but it was loving but firm at the same time that I wasn't going to tolerate it anymore. She said that my aunt was the one that needed to grow up because in the last sentence of the rude email to me my aunt said " grow up". Then below that sentence she actually put "NOT". I guess that means she thinks I won't grow up but it just reminded me of some of the school notes I wrote when I was like 10 to my friends. I've just deleted everything and did not respond. I have too many good things in my life to dwell on the negative.

Mtiger-What is it about people at schools? I kind of have the same issue myself going on but not with a school teacher but with someone who is in the exact same job position I am but she's been there for quite some time and I am in my first year so..But I find it very funny that she's wasting all of her time checking up on me and etc. I just chalked it up to her not having enough work to keep her busy! But yep you're right we can only control our actions and move on. Good for you for telling her that and walking away! I can only imagine she was speechless.

Jeannette-I am sorry you've had a rough 24 hours. Tomorrow is a new day! Don't punish yourself.

Thistoo-CONGRATS on the lost pound! Good for your sister doing that.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:54 PM   #62  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, blonde!

After a kickass cardio session I feel a lot better.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #63  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I promise to catch up soon! I am back home for the week-end!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #64  

So rise and shine everyone.. I woke up at 6:15 this morning ugh. I guess my body now thinks that is "sleeping in" due to how early I wake up during the week. Oh well.. I feel gross right now and I am not even going to bother weighing myself since it's that joyful time of the month. I am going to really enjoy this weekend because I have Monday off due to MLK day. It'll give me some time to do some heavy duty cleaning around this apartment.

You guys have a great weekend!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

ive been doing so much cardio ands weight and just NOW i have a sore day how weird!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:04 PM   #66  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I am sicking with the program, almost perfectly. Had a large slice of pizza the other night. Went up on the scale the next day, today I'm back down. I think I have to avoid that stuff. I LOVE pizza. Well, onward and upward. I mean downward.

Brit- I wake up about the same time every day. That internal clock is always working. We ended up with a snow day due to cold Friday. Wind chill was -25, actual temp -7. How's that sound Gary???

Gary- Waiting to hear what you been up to. Want to come to Michigan for a visit??
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #67  
Doing it.

Been doing pretty well. Lost 3 pounds since Jan 1st, just have to see if I can KEEP it off and lose more.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #68  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI TEAM

First of all GREAT NEWS KAT!

J-311 on the loss of those 3 never to be seen again pounds!

BRAT I am sorry you are having issues with your family. I wish there was something I could do

MINDY nah! I'll pass on visiting Michigan unless it is in the non-humid part of summer!

BARGOO how are things going? Church have you busy?

CAROLINE good to see you around again. I think our TEAM can take care of that extra weight you want to get rid of.

JAHJAH I hope the soreness goes away. Great job on the cardio and weights!

Well I am hanging around 177 again. I am not getting a lot of miles in due to work but I do what I can. I have 30 in for the month which is a bit under my norm. Hard to get my miles in with the work load I have right now. We have been working a lot of week-ends and 10 hour days. My job is physical so I do burn off those calories....however...I get HUNGRIER!!

Next week I will be out of town until late Thursday night but I will try to take most of my food, we have an apartment to stay in so I can do some cooking there which is good because I don't want to fast food! NO-NO-NO!!

Other than the obvious beers I have after I get home, I really don't know where I am going wrong at getting rid of a few extra pounds. I have been so perfect in my eating. I will wait while you all go get your tall boots for all the bs you might step in

I am back to turkey bacon and whole wheat toast for breakfast. Lunch is a yogurt, can of soup....not always the best health choice, but not too bad either, a sandwich that is usually turkey, lettuce and tomato and a handfull...OK-OK...2 handful of chips. We take just one break a day and cram that food down! My dinners have been so-so. I won't say I don't eat too much at times but I really try to not over-do it too much. I remember how I used to eat until I felt my stomach would pop sometimes. I have not felt that in a long time.

Maybe I will lose the extra FAB-5 I have in the I HEART YOU 5K

Or at least one or two while training

You gals are the best Prayers that your lives and weight loss adventures are wonderful and full of blessings this coming week!

C-Ya soon ~ Gary
Old 01-17-2009, 09:47 PM   #69  
Doing it.

You're awesome, Gary!

I just totaled all of my workout minutes for the month so far...

*drumroll please*

749 minutes and 56 seconds! Now I just have to work on my eating...
Old 01-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #70  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I am very proud of you J! And I bet that kiddo is too!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #71  
Doing it.

LOL She is completely oblivious, Gary. =D

I don't wanna work out today. DON'T WANNA. I must be retaining water b/c how did I go from 193.4 to 196 in a few hours??? WHAT THE HECK. And I want to eat junk junk junk.

Someone just...kill me or something. Or throw a sheet over my head.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #72  

EZMONEY-Glad to see you back! It's okay about my dad's family. Thanks for the hug though. I'm at peace about it after much thought/praying. I remembered a conversation I had with my dad before he died and I kind of wonder now if he was trying to warn me about how hurtful they could be and if he was trying to tell me if I parted ways with his family that he was okay with it. I talked to my mother and my grandmother (my mom's mom) yesterday at lunch about everything and told them mostly everything. I did leave out two of the most hurtful things that were said to me in my aunt's email to me since they don't need to know about it since it would hurt them especially my mom.

Jeannette-Awesome on those minutes!! Wow that puts me to shame. Just take a couple of deep breaths. Perhaps it is close to that time of month so don't freak.

I got my Wii and the Wii fit today as a early birthday present. Been running errands all day so had to let hubby set it up for me while I ran to the grocery store for a few things and of course he ended up playing it first ha after he cleaned the kitchen for me. He informed me as soon as I walked in the door from the grocery store that he was obese and that his age was 39 due to his weight aging him I guess. Soo maybe it will motivate us both which is something we are in need of right now in regards to our weight. I hope you have all had a great Sunday! I know I have. :-)

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 01-18-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #73  
Doing it.

It's gotta be, blonde. I started crying when they were burning flowers on "The Wartime Kitchen and Garden" so that they could plant veggies instead. lol

Have fun with your WiiFit!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #74  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Hey all, I hope everyone's having a good weekend. I'm staying off the scale as TOM approaches, but I worked out *hard* today and boy, do my legs ever feel it.

At the beginning of the year I started taking wheel thrown pottery, which is something I've always wanted to do. It's funny, but in the past my weight has always made me really self-conscious about doing even stuff like take a pottery class. But I'm really enjoying it, even though I'm terrible at the actual throwing! It's nice to have enough confidence to be bad at something and keep doing it anyway.

That really does sound crazy, but it's a big step forward for me. Anyway, class was today so that was fun. Tonight it's wine and a movie at my sister's house, but I will stick with my eating program. I am looking forward to having an extra day off tomorrow
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #75  

WOW.. I just discovered that I've lost 3.8 pounds in the past two weeks that I've not weighed myself. And this is late in the day too so I'll be weighing myself again in the morning!! Plus this is TOM. I'm thrilled to death.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 01-18-2009 at 08:27 PM.