300+ And ready to try again #166

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Hi Everyone....

I'm battling my ears again, and just have felt really bad since yesterday afternoon Went back to the doctor again this morning and once again, he suctioned all the junk out of them...and once again, I have a new prescription for antibiotics...I'm sooo tired of living on those things!!! I had thought my ears were cleared up,,,guess that's what I get for thinking huh?

I guess I'm just out of sorts about a lot of things today......still not a word as to when I will be given my evaluation....and the work just keeps piling up.......I wish I could get away with telling my boss..."I'm not going to do it....you do it if you want it done." The young girls I deal with everyday, have no respect for anybody....so when they say they aren't going to do something...guess who gets to do it? OH well....at least it gets done.

I did get a few good bargains Saturday at the rummage sales...My oldest sister went with me,,,,she and I have this thing about who gets the better stuff... Last year I got two really cute statues....and she couldn't believe I only paid a dollar each for them....Well....Saturday I did the exact same thing!!!! I found two more really cute statues and she tried to tell me it was her turn.....Guess what? She didn't get them!! I really enjoyed myself,,and we're planning on making it a weekend ritual!!! That should be interesting!!!

Well girls, I am sorry I don't feel like responding to everyone individually.....in fact it's only about 8:30 here, and I'm thinking about turning in.....I'm running a fever, and just want to curl up and sleep

I'll catch up on everyone's posts tomorrow (hopefully)....Take Care everyone..

Theresa
  • I know how you feel, Therese After this weekend, plus mowing tonight, doing laundry and washing all the dishes from my Dad's party I don't think I feel up to responding individually either.

My bed is calling me.....
  • Hi everyone,

Went to Spiderman this afternoon. You're right, it is a man's movie guised as a love story. Argh. The actor was so droll, I had to laugh. The action scenes were great. Wish they could have had more special effects and closeups. I can't wait for star wars. I hope they don't have weird lizard creatures.

Lucky, happy to hear your dad's party went really well. My two sisters will be taking my mom to a buffet friday night. That's why she stopped by to "work on me." I told her a brunch @ $40 per person is enough money spent for me. Any way I want to celebrate on mother's day and they want mother's day free for themselves. I go through this every year. Sometimes being the youngest is a trip. I get sick and tired of being seen as a "party pooper". Well, my mom and I have been doing brunch for about 15 years. Far longer than they take her out to dinner.

Worked out to RS dance your pants off. bat wings, an all time favorite. But I do need to journal and drink water.

Goodnight and sweet dreams,
    Malia
  • Good morning ladies,

I am feeling a bit better today. Thanks Thin for the kind words. I got 8 hours of sleep last night, so that helped.

I am going to try and relax a bit more at work. I need to set priorities and delegate the rest.

I journaled yesterday and stayed within my points. I rode my exercise bike for 1 hour and I drank more than my required allotment of my water. I feel good about doing well.

Well, time to get down to business.

Susie
  • Malia Are you okay? Just heard there is flooding in Hawaii.

Are you all sitting down? They are predicting SNOW here for Thursday. I mowed last night so I could dedicate the rest of the week to planting...GUESS NOT!!

Did I tell you I had a tree fall on Friday. My Dad is a tree lover extrodinaire but many are next to the power lines and it makes me nervous. Luckily the one that went down fell north (the power line was south of the tree).

Tuesday Tip: Keep your trees short!!!!

Another Tuesday Tip:
    Make it easy to succeed
    Success breeds success.
    The more successful we are at something,
    the more we like doing it.
    Dieting is no different.
    The more successful we are at it,
    we more we like doing it.
    So, make it easy for you to succeed.
    How?
    By setting yourself a series of small targets.
    Example
    Suppose you weigh 200 pounds and you'd like to slim down to 150 pounds.
    Set yourself 5 different targets of 10 pounds each:
    i.e. first, aim to get to 190 pounds, then 180 pounds, and so on.
    Each time you hit your target, you'll feel good
    because you'll have achieved something.
    And you'll want to continue.
    Obvious perhaps, but most slimmers don't do it.
    They simply aim to lose '30-40 pounds'.
    They make it harder for themselves to hit a target.
    So they fail.

I think this is what I will try. I look at the WHOLE number I have to lose and it is depressing!

So baby steps is my new motto.
  • Morning Ladies! I'm just here quick before I head out to work. I have a full day ahead of me. Box conversion at Sam's Club, a plan-o-gram audit at Marshall Fields, a video store, an apartment complex and a visit to my little friend at the nursing home. Woowee! It looks like alot more when I write it out! YIKES!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I was able to walk into and out of Walmart yesterday without even thinking about buying the dreaded PB cups! Little victories!

I was also able to stay OP: all my water, all my fruits/veggies, within my WW points, AND journalled it all! WooHoo! One day down, six to go!

I really do have to run. Love to all. I'll see ya later.

"I've dreamt dreams in my life that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas. They've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind." - Emily Bronte
  • Well, you girls have heen busy here without me! Gone one day and I have a lot of catching up to do! The mouse on my computer broke...I haven't a clue how to replace it...so I was without the PC all day...by the time hubby got home and changed it, my daughter jumped on and that was it for the night!

I just got back from Curves...haven't been there since LAST Tuesday! SLACKER!! It's just so easy to fall into that whiny, I don't feel like it mode...I know PMS had something to do with it, not to mention a very busy schedule, but I'm tired of recycling the same old excuses. I am profoundly moved by your post, Thin... It's true...when I decide that I TRULY want to make this happen, it will happen.

Lucky... Very interesting about "fixed" vs. "continuous." I don't want to be FIXED at this point...though I sure seem to be...I like new projects...maybe I'll just concentrate on "fixing ME up," keeping Thin's and your posts in mind.

Michelle,,, Belated Happy Birthday wishes and {{{hugs!}}}! It sounds like you didn't do TOO badly at all...with all your low point meals and frolicking with your little guy, I'm sure you could afford an indulgence! Sounds like fun! Dare I ask which milestone you passed?

Mary...those tortilla chips sound good! I plan on trying them out later today...do you spray them with anything? I make the tortilla bowls just by molding the tortilla inside a regular pyrex bowl and microwaving for about a minute...great with chili!

MaliaI hear you on the family thing...I always seem to be the one to give in, just to keep the peace...just once I'd like to do what I want to do. We saw Spiderman Sunday night...I liked it...I thought he was adorable! I'm looking forward to Star Wars too, but I really can't wait for the next Lord of the Rings! MIB 2 looks like it will be good! I'm a sucker for Tommy Lee Jones!

2Cute... Wow, you are on a roll, woman! I am so proud of you and your "stick-to-it-ive-ness! I'm glad you're having fun with your daughter...

Theresa...Awww...I hope you feel better soon...Tell those whippersnappers at work, that you are not the only one paid to work...just the only one DOING any! Keep your chin up!

Tina Atta girl for staying OP despite a catastrophe! So, who won the race yesterday?? just kidding!

Baylee... Your little outside paradise sounds lovely...thanks for keeping us posted...hope all goes well with you! Good luck with the tapes!

Duckie... Good to see you again! I'm glad you escaped the snow...There should ba a law of nature PROHIBITING snow in May! Right, Lucky?

Susie... I hope things ease up for you at work,,,you sound like you are on track...remember...DELEGATE! AND, Keep posting...it really helps.

MisMelissa... Welcome to our little corner of 3FC! I just flew in November @ 250 lbs or thereabouts...I fit...(WHEW!) A friend once asked for an extension for the seat belt, she told the stewardess that she was pregnant. (she wasn't) Have a nice trip! Come back and see us!

OK, I'm exhausted now! I just can't stay away anymore...too much catching up to do...this took me about 1 1/2 hrs to complete! I was contemplating going to the library yesterday, just to check in...I wish I had! I MISS YOU GUYS WHEN I'M GONE!

Sounds like everyone is getting back in line, back on track, in the swing, on their game...WHATEVER! As Nike so aptly puts it...

Just Do It!!

Have a good one...
  • Hello again,

Beautiful morning, besides the poopy sleep I've been getting lately. We bought a new bed about about 7 months ago, it's a King Coil, costed about $1100 ( that's when we had money) I find it really comfy when DF decides to sleep on the couch, but when where both in it the middle sinks, and I have to move to the very edge of the bed, so I don't roll towards the middle. I took the mattress's off last week and the box spring is already warped, it makes me so mad. I know there's alot of weight on the bed I'm over 300 lbs and DF is about 220 lbs, and you know when your doing the wild thing that's over 500 lbs of weight, know wonder it's warping, will have to stop doing the wild thing, actually I don't want to do it on the bed no more, will have to find a new spot. I have warranty on it but it's kind of embarrasing to call them up and say my bed's warped can you fix it or replace it. What if they say it's because of my weight and that it's not there fault, it's not fair. What should I do, has anyone else had this problem. I thinking of getting some sheets of plywood to put on the frame, wanted to do that when we first go it, but DF is a procrastinator, and now we have a warped bed. I guess I can always start a fight with him just before bedtime so he'll sleep on the couch

Any suggestions
  • Hi all! I've got the hungries tonight for some reason. I had an apple for breakfast and a Chicken Whopper, no mayo (the old BK Broiler) for lunch. Then a Subway for dinner and I'm still wanting to munch. Must be 'cuz the scale looked nice this morning. Anything to sabbotage success, you know. I'm still journalling......OMG, it's day 2........where does the time go???? If I can get through 'hump day' maybe I can get through the week. *fingers crossed*

This is gonna be quick 'cuz DH is on his way home, but I have to say:
    Duckie: Call those mattress people out and have that bed replaced. Don't even think a second thought about it. I really had to laugh, but my folks got a new mattress and box spring the year my father retired from work. One year later, it needed to be replaced. The furniture company replaced it, no questions asked. But I couldn't resist ribbing them that now that dad was retired they could wear out a mattress in just one year!

Gotta run.
  • Hanging my head low................

I have done nothing but pig out for the past three days...I am out of control again...helllp!

We just had pizza hut...I had two slices of sausage pizza..the only kind john will eat is pizza hut sausage...and 2 bread sticks! I did drink 4 glasses of water with it! I am a glutton! Kick me in the rear!!

Hey...the good news is...I was bidding on a leslie sansone walking tapes in DVD and I won!! Can you believe it....the first time I bid on anything and I win...I was so hoping I was because I can't use all my RS videos because the dvd player is hooked up in the living room. I can't wait to get it...it comes with the weights and all...now I will have NO excuse not to exercise..I don't even have to leave my house!

Gotta run and give the boy his bath...he didn't have a nap today and will definately go to bed shortly!

TTFN
    Michelle
  • ARE YOU SITTING DOWN!!!???
    Well, I certainly hope you are! Then again, if you are at the computer, I guess you are! Well, here is the blow by blow from my WI today. (not Wisconsin) <<I love that! Ok, I go in and I pay. I have to pay $30.00 because I missed 3 weeks. I didn't go the Monday after we came back from Talladega, (when you guys thought I was MIA) and I didn't go last week, and then I went today. So in total, the last time I went was 4/16/02. Anyways, I step on the scale, and she looks at the little box and then looks at me.......then looks at the little box again and shakes her head. (getting very nervous about right now) Then she asks, "Are you standing all the way on the scale?" I say, "Yes, both feet." (and grin nervously) And then she shakes her head again and I see her write down the number........what I now weigh. When I see it, I say, "No way!" and she says, "Yes!" and I say, "No frickin way!" and she says, "Yes! (and after she subtracts on the calculator) You have lost 11.5 pounds!!!!" Since 2/5/02, I have lost 56 pounds!! I am freaking out! I was so prepared for whatever the scale said today, and it was on my side! Girls......I just have to tell you it felt soooo good. I got my 50 lb magnet today too. I am over halfway to losing 100 lbs! I am so happy! And I was hopping in my seat all the way home because I couldn't wait to get here and tell my family.......my friends......YOU GUYS! First thing hubby said to me was, "I bet you can't wait to tell your 3FC friends!" And he was so right. I just want to thank you guys so much for being here for me when I have been down.......and it makes me feel like a million bucks to come here and be with you to celebrate! I hope you are all doing well! Please know how much I love and appreciate you.
    Well, I am totally pooped. I smiled all the way home. When I walked in the grocery store, I had a spring in my step. I am usually pretty happy, but today I can say for the first time in a long time.......I was truly happy. And you are a big part of that. Thank you so much for being my support.......my friends.....my lifeline.....my family.
  • Boy Tina thats great congratulations.

Hello all we just got back from a business dinner. One of DH's suppliers was down from Chicago and took some of us out to dinner at an expensive resturant. I pigged out. Don't get to eat like that often.
    1 Mixed drink
    garlic toast about 6 peices (you know the small crouton type)
    smoked salmon appitizer
    salad
    humongus ribeye steak (2or more inches thick) with mashed potatoes and a wine sauce)
    Roll
    water
    coffee
    NO Dessert

eight of us went and the bill was $350.00 way out of my budget glad someone else was paying

well it's past my bedtime see you all tomorrow . Hope I can sleep
  • I am here... I am gone....
    Hi guyss... I am not reading tonight.
    It is 1am and I only came on to tell you I am fine.
    Here it is the 8th and I havent posted since the 5th (in case you didn't know I was missing...LOL)

I have had a WONDERFUL time with my daughter.
    She has installed my new computer but we are having a few problems. Printerr wonnt work... and tthis darn keyboard is sooooooooooo senstive. I typpe more eerrors than I can keep up with. I am tired of fixing them.

Todaay is my mom's 82nnd birthday so I am in Missouri as we speak. Won't be home till latee. Just wanted everyonne to know I am fine and having a great time. I am STILL on program too.
    Hoppefully I will be back Thursday morning.
  • Hi everyone,

Congratulations Tina! How I long to be able to say I lost 56lbs. But I must be truly honest and say I haven't stuck to my plan 100%. I lose weight purely from working out. Everyday I say I'll be on plan, then something turns up and I overeat. Thanks for the inspiration.

Michelle, Happy Birthday!!! Did you bid on ebay? I won a bid for the first time too. It was fun. Do you have RS Blast off videotapes. I'm thinking of buying the set. Is it worth it? Or is it the same moves?

Lucky, the flooding didn't affect our island. Some parts had alot of rain, but not in my town. It was cool though.

Thin, you really got it in one. I sabotage myself too. As soon as I see amazing results, I'll binge. Weird thing we do to ourselves. We have to work on the behavioral change a bit. I need to read my books. Sigh...

Tomorrow is aerobics day. And I'll get to trim the rag mop.

Goodnight,
    Malia
  • Good morning,

Yesterday wasn't terrible, but I did go over my points. I exercised, and drank my water, so I am not too upset.

Today, I woke up at 2:30am and couldn't fall back to sleep, so of course I am exhausted now.

Anyhow, I am going to try really hard to stay OP today. I have used about 6 points so far today and will have my turkey tortillas for a snack before my meeting this morning, and salad for lunch. Hopefully, I will get through the workday only using a total of about 12 points, which will give me lots of points for dinner.

Tina: Way to go! While I have actually lost 67 pounds, I need to lose 2 more pounds to get my 50 pound star from WW. I have been fluctuating so much lately, that even 2 pounds seems like 100.

Hello to everyone else. I need to get to work, so responding individually is impossible right now.

Susie