Quit drinking soda
Cut 1.5 tsp sugar out of my cup of tea (sugar addict, so this took all year!)
Went from size 2XL to L in shirts/workout shorts
Went from 42" waist to 34"
Started weight lifting
Cut cigarette smoking back from 2 packs a day to 1
Ran my first 5K (then did some more after that!)
Run 2009 Sound to Narrows 12K (without having to walk any of it)
Hit Goal and become a Maintainer!!!
Get some visible shoulder muscles!
Quit smoking Feb 19th ~After 19yrs(Started when I was 13)
Lost total of 25.7 YIPPIE!
Didn't miss Any house payments Even though the economy sucks!
Was able to afford gas when it was over $4.00 a gallon.SOMEHOW
Started walking Indoors~was not able to outside due to asthma( yeah freaks RULE! jamsk8r LOL)
New goals 2009
To continue not smoking(I never crave anymore so I think I got that Accomplished)
To weigh under my hubbys weight this year he weighs 189
To get under 200 lbs and Hopefully to reach my goal weight of 150Lbs
To keep House payments made.
To Possibly teach my daughter to drive LOL( she will 16 in May)
To get a bunch more flowers to start outside(I am Flower lover.)
To have another great year with my hubby(Febuary 25th will be 16 years of marriage) was married at age 17 he was 19~SO kinda Love the guy lol)
Yes for those counting we got married because I was pregnant!!! But hey we loved each other so we are still going strong.
To have another great year with our 3 kids.
Thanks for starting this thread, it was time I measured myself anyway.
Start of my weightloss journey: February 1, 2008
GW: 158 but the number is unimportant to me - I expect it to go even lower as my goal is 20% body fat.
Feb 1: 46-42-46
Dec 31: 39-34-39.5 (HEY, our waist measurements match! how cool is that).
- became a total gym rat
- portion control
- clean eating 99% of the time
I am not a resolution-maker: - I will continue to exercise and have fun as I have had for the last 11 months. (Thank you, 3FC, for everything I learned here and for your support).
Happy New Year to everyone and see you in maintenance!
Dearest Schumeany: Yes, those are size 4 jeans hugging my posterior. Thank you for being such motivation!!!
Location: Lyin' in a puddle of sweat on the floor.
I forgot to list the best NSV of all:
Made some lifelong friends on 3FC that helped me change my life this year!
Lori, yes, Freaks RULE! Last night I was running with the stereo cranked to the tunes of my latest workout music obsession: Static X. That there is butt-kickin' music. Anyway, I always think of you now when I'm running, lol.
Alena, we're like twins and nobody can tell us apart.
FB, if you're a KIA, I'm probably like a Ford Pinto. Like before they fixed that whole exploding gas tank problem.
1) gave up fast food thereby saving money and reducing frequency of buying heartburn medication :-)
2) got our finances/debt under control despite crazy gas prices and the economy affecting my hubby's earnings- this was so hard and so stressful but so rewarding!
3) Got serious about losing weight and have lost 4 pounds during the holiday season, first time ever to do that!
4) got my first full time job with okay pay and great hours and plenty of vacation/holiday time so that I have more time with family and my life is more balanced now thereby allowing me time to focus on getting healthy and staying healthy
5) I actually feel semi educated now about nutrition and what works for me plan wise
1) continue paying off debt-here's hoping for Feb. 2009!!
2)get my associate degree and transfer someplace
3) save for a rainy day
4) save for a house
5) work out every day in some way
6) continue to educate myself in nutrition and my body
Last edited by blondebritbrat17 : 12-31-2008 at 02:56 PM.
1. Went from 230 lbs to 205 lbs.
2. Started exercising again.
3. Went from size 16 to 14.
4. Started drinking more water.
1. I want to get to my goal weight of 115 lbs by next Dec.
2. I want to be a pants size 2-4.
3. I want to get my internal issues under control and be well established in going to OA meetings and 12 step program.
4. I want to eliminate diet soda drinking and replace it with water.
5. I want to get the dental work done that I need.
6. I want to take progress pictures for every 10 lbs I lose and take measurements.
7. I want to get my house in order and get rid of what I don't need.
8. I want to get contacts to replace my glasses and get a new hair cut and hair style.
9. I want to write in my diet blog every day.
10. I want to spend more quality family time with my husband and kids -- and go on a date once a week with my hubby.
11. Stop smoking once and for all!
jamsk8r LOL~I think of you also when I am walking hahaha.(thinking I am not the only nutty person in the world.)
Although no cool jams~my kids are My Noise ~They got 2 weeks off school and they are starting to fight with each other. They Do sound like a new metal band though sometimes~I can not make heads nor tails outta what they are trying to get at HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
I would love to walk to Eye Of the tiger just for fun.( I think its kinda corny now But When i was a kid I felt like ROCKY~(COOL) when it came on hahahahahahaha)Can't believe I just typed that.
- I accomplished my goal of having a natural water birth.
- I changed my eating habits during my pregnancy and once morning sickness was over I gained minimally.
- I stuck to the plan (WW's) and lost 18lbs, then my body decided to go haywire and I still don't have an answer. My thyroid levels came back "slightly low", but my GP just wanted to wait and test again. ANYWAY I had to stop exercising and gained a bunch of weight back.
- We paid off a BUNCH of debt (Dave Ramsey) and went without fun things for a long time. We still have a road to go but we've stayed on track, every day all year.
- Exercise 5 days a week, NO MATTER WHAT!
- Drink 64oz+ a day.
- No soda!
- Make it to goal weight.
)o( Jessica )o( mama to two boys (8/17/06 and 5/1/08).
Learned how to eat more vegetables
Cut out soda pretty much completely
Began exercising regularly
Joined a gym and actually go regularly!
Came in third place at our school's Biggest Loser challenge
Managed to lose and keep off 44.4 pounds throughout the year
Goals for 2009:
Make it to onederland (hopefully in January)
Be at goal weight or close to it by my 30th birthday on June 15th
Be more spontaneous and do more fun things
Learn to take compliments
Continue to be proud of my accomplishments
Continue to learn to tolerate other vegetables and healthy foods
Maintain goal weight
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. ~ Unknown
I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance. ~ Lee Iacocca
Figured out what works (eating & exercise) for my body finally!
Got water intake from 30 ounces to 80-100oz per day
I don't eat fast food anymore
I cut down my soda intake substantially
I finished my first 5k successfully (non-race)
Successfully completed the last Biggest Loser challenge!
Goals for 2009:
Get to goal (140-150)
Gain more muscle, lose more body fat
Continue making good food choices - learn to cook more dinners
Add in more exercise to my schedule (learn how to schedule!)
Great thread Jam! Love reading everyone's accomplishments and goals! You all ROCK!
~ Got my act together in August and have been rockin' since then.
~ Lost 79.6 pounds! (hope to make it officially 80 tomorrow!)
~ Learned how to eat healthy and enjoy it.
~ Found an amazing personal trainer who is now an incredible friend.
~ Became a regular at the gym.
~ Inspired friends to think about their health.
~ LOVE the energy I have to play with my 2 wonderful little boys!
~ Feel good about myself!
~ Had an article published in a local paper about me!
~ Learned that I AM WORTH IT!
~ Continue losing....get well under 200 by year's end.
~ Do a 5k.
~ Inspire my husband to think about his health (w/o pushing).
~ Keep up the healthy lifestyle EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!
~ Be a supportive friend to my RL and internet buddies!
~ Shop in the "normal" sized section of a store!
~ Comfortably wear a sleeveless shirt.
~ And so much more.....