Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-29-2008, 06:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default fluke accident to be 197.8 lbs?

Hi--

I have a kind of a dumb question to ask. I haven't lost much in the past few weeks even though I've been gaining muscle, working out, etc.

I worked out my arms and legs to the MAX for 3 days in a row last week due to the snow (i.e. carrying groceries, etc) and then walked another day in the week.

I took the rest of the week off since I was on TOM and holidays errands, etc. (Which is something I normally don't do... I usually exercise 5-6 days a week).

I'm almost done with TOM but I got on the scale this morning since last week I was at 202 lbs and so badly wanted to see if there was a slight change at all in my weight due to the fact it's New Year's Eve and I wanted to see if I was any dang closer to reaching Onderland

Here's the thing. I know you can GAIN 1-8 lbs of water weight due to TOM.

I'm almost over with it.

I went on the scale this morning and it read 197.8 lbs!

I was happy to see the change in the scale, lol. But how do I know if it's an accurate reading due to TOM?

Do I just pretend this isn't my real weight until I weigh myself next week monday or is this an accurate weight?

After a very slow weight loss the past few weeks, this would be an amazing 5 lb weight loss and I'd be FINALLY in ONDERLAND!

*a confused 3fatchickie*

~ tea

Happy New Year's Eve everybody!!
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8

I would normally wait a day or two after my TOM ends. I make sure to drink plenty of water throughout my TOM and the couple days after to rid my body of all the water weight.

But, I would ecstatic if I took time off from the gym while on my TOM and still see the scale go down!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Don't psych yourself out. Yeah, we talk a lot about this water weight or that workout weight or whatever ... but if you're losing, you're losing.

Take it for what it is today and see what it is tomorrow. A lot of people here use the 2 day rule - if you see the same or lower weight for 2 days in a row, then it's real.

But even if it goes back up, it went down that low once ... and you can do it again. It's still a loss ... whether it's water, bloat, or fat.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote