3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   can u suggest a drink? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/159437-can-u-suggest-drink.html)

onestar 12-27-2008 05:52 PM

can u suggest a drink?

i have a question... i'm going out tonight and was wondering if ya'll have any suggestions. i know alcohol is full of sugar and carbs and stuff...can anyone suggest a drink that is not so "bad" as far as diet wise. thanks.

PhotoChick 12-27-2008 05:55 PM

When I'm out and I HAVE to have a drink ... I stick with something like rum and diet coke or a vodka martini. Something I can sip on and enjoy.

Avoid any mixed drinks with fruit - margaritas, that kind of thing. A single glass of red or white wine is good. Skip the beer. Skip the frozen things.

RN BSN 2009 12-27-2008 06:05 PM

Isn't there a new beer that's just 64 calories? I can't recall which one it is. But they've had some commercials for it.

K8-EEE 12-27-2008 06:07 PM

I agree that vodka martinis are the best. Gin is prob the same but God I hate gin. I get on the rocks so that it lasts longer (ice melts!) and Sweet drinks are diet killers and luckily I hate them, except Margaritas. Fattening AND salty!

One trick is to order sparking water when you order the drink.....so that you alternate drink, water, drink, water. It's hard to have more than 2 if you do that!

PhotoChick 12-27-2008 06:10 PM

Definitely alternate drinks w/ water if you have more than one. Not only will it stretch out the time, it'll help with keeping you hydrated and help avoid hangovers if you do happen to overindulge a little.

evilwomaniamshe 12-27-2008 06:11 PM

Club Soda With Lime (looks Like A Cocktail)

Virgin Bloody Mary (tomatoe Juice & A Ton Of Veggies)

Either Of These If You Want To Be Extra Good!

bargoo 12-27-2008 06:19 PM

Vodka Tonic 165 Calories
Margarita 160 Calories
White Wine 75 Calories
Red Wine 80 Calories
Gin Martini 150 Calories
I think I would stick to white wine or light beer about 70 calories

tater tash 12-27-2008 06:21 PM

I love champagne or white wine spritzers, especially with a splash of cranberry juice :)

and MGD 64!

jessisaokay 12-27-2008 06:38 PM

vodka and diet coke. depending on the vodka its between 60-100 cals.

we call it the "skinny *****"

zeffryn 12-27-2008 07:04 PM

Wow, a margarita with only 160 calories? Most have in upwards of 800 calories.

PhotoChick 12-27-2008 07:22 PM

A margarita made at home with fresh lime juice and just a little sugar might roll in at 160 cals, but most bar margaritas are made with sour mix, which is nothing but pure sugar syrup and some lime/lemon flavoring. Plus most of them use a shot and a half of tequila - which is 130ish calories, right there.

And you have to allow a fudge factor for bar tenders who are pouring quickly and might over or under pour anything from the sour mix to the tequila. So I figure if a bar margarita is estimated at 250 cals, I allow an extra 100 just to be safe.

The thing about sticking to light beer - and this very much depends on the person, mind you - is that the alcohol content of light beer is very low. So people tend to drink more light beer and therefore consume more calories, than if they're drinking something a little stronger and sipping along on it. Obvious this is a personal decision.

onestar 12-27-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessisaokay (Post 2512739)
vodka and diet coke. depending on the vodka its between 60-100 cals.

we call it the "skinny *****"

i think i'll try your suggestion... you look awesome...congratulations!!

FB 12-27-2008 09:04 PM

If you like sweet drinks sometimes I do the flavored vodkas with diet pop. I'm more of a martini girl myself.

fatmad 12-27-2008 10:26 PM

I LOVE cosmopolitans, but my "diet" version is light cranberry juice, an equal amount of lemon perrier, and a shot of vodka, over ice. Its a longer drink, I can sip slowly, and enjoy much. Easy to add more sparkling water when halfway done.
Its also VERY frustrating to pay the same amount for a small bottle of perrier or other sparkling water as you do for a pint of beer or a cocktail.
And most places only have diet coke which has caffeine. I try to avoid caffeine, especially when out at night.

sh3l5 12-28-2008 04:11 AM

im too a vodka and diet coke or vodka and diet lemonade drinker when i have to drink at all. I do tend to just go to bars and ask for tap water or bottled water. I am not a huge fan and have only drunk once this year. New years eve will be the next time and I am only planning one drink then on the strike of midnight to see the New Year in. If I am also good food wise every day until then I am going to allow myself a piece of christmas cake (fruit cake with icing on) as a reward!