Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #16  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

I ate a healthy breakfast and lunch yesterday, then went a little nuts on the cookies, brownies, cheesecake, and candies in the evening. I knew I would indulge, though, so I accepted it as an "off" day and got back on the horse this morning. I had a yogurt and banana for breakfast and headed outside for a 5K run.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
I did OK.-- with the first plate. It was the SECOND plate and post meal picking that got me. All in all it was not too horrible b/c the people who made the xmas meal are very healthy eaters so the food was clean. I just ate too much of it.

what??? BACK ON PLAN!!
Yep! That's pretty much where I was! A bunch of people came to my house and it was sort of "pot luck." I'm the healthy eater so the appitizers that I made were carrot and celery sticks with fat free ranch dressing, bruschetta with just a touch of light olive oil, seared tuna steak with a balsamic vinegary marinade over mixed greens and endamame salad and grapes, hummus and yogurt and whole wheat pita. And when everyone else came, I was like...mmmm green bean casserole...with cream sauce, fried onions and cheese, pepperoni bread, also with cheese and creamy au gratin potatoes...topped with you guessed it...cheese!
So...I hit 2700 calories just by 'picking'! HA!
But that's ok. The gym is open again today and I have the day off.
It's only one day and now its time to get back on plan!
nods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I like the Superfoods Diet idea, after over indulging do a Soup and Salad day to cut calories and get nutrition back on track. Also double up on exercise perhaps for a few days, extra cardio to burn the extra calories. I snuck some of my boy's treats, and they'll be gone soon then we'll be back to a junk food free house.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

I had a moment or two where I was upset and ate things that were not the best choice for me, but other than that no. I cooked too much food for other people and that left me actually not hungry lol. Yesterday I ate when I got home and I ate some things today, but not really many sweets. Just a few and I'm pretty much all sweeted out lol.

If anything, I should have eaten a bit healthier during those few moments where a few things upset me, but other than that I did okay.
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #20  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I did pretty well with food though I did indudge in a little of eveything. My probem was the drink. I totally drank too much wine and felt like I was going to die this morning, (seriously), it sucked! I'm back on the wagon again today.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:22 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsey View Post
I like the Superfoods Diet idea, after over indulging do a Soup and Salad day to cut calories and get nutrition back on track. Also double up on exercise perhaps for a few days, extra cardio to burn the extra calories.
Hey thats what I did! LOL! I did the Superfoods thing and didn't even know it!

I had a big giant grapefruit for breakfast, soup and salad for dinner, more soup and a salad with grilled chicken in it for dinner, no snacks that day

and worked out an extra 15 minutes at the Y on the elliptical.

I didn't weigh myself I am going to wait until my weekly weigh in and see the damage then!

Seems like everyone did pretty good. Everyone ate, maybe a little more than we wanted but no where near as much as we had in the past!

I call that success!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Well i did not ok this Christmas but .... way more better than last year , I ate some chips " but all ",
no pop , no beer and belive me that is good .
I though i gain weigh ... lucky me i weigh this morning and i still the same , now I have 4 days until my WW WI so i I will try to be OP , i may be able to lose .5 or something , I don't want to see I gain ...

I hope everybody have a happy new year .
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:39 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yup. And I have Christmas # 2 to go to today. My sister's (the host) plan is to keep lunch "light" so we can "focus on dessert."

But, I did reasonably well. Better than years past. So it's all progress .. so I feel GOOD about it. I feel good about only having a little too much instead of 6x too much. And I feel good about feeling good about it Guilt about food can be a hard thing to let go of, and I have!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:16 PM   #24  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

I made myself proud this year. Christmas at my dads side of the family is delicious. We have the traditional turkey and whatnot. But we also have all the lebanese food trimmings, like tabouleh and kibbi etc. It's not very often that I get to have my famillies delicious tabouleh and kibbi *my two fav* So instead of having a little of everything, I had only those two dishes. I was so satisfied, and I didn't over eat

I did however have some sangria.. Which I know, couldn't be too sparing on the calories... And some whiskey... but hey, I didn't have anything for desert to kind of make up for it!

Last edited by Beautiful Ace; 12-27-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:25 PM   #25  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I ate a lot of stuff I had no business eating over the last two days. I am back on track today though - in fact, I'm headed to the gym RIGHT NOW. Today's dinner is blackened snapper with veggies. I'm going to do phase I for 7 days to try and eliminate the carb cravings because they're definitely BACK.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #26  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'm back down to just 1 lb over my Christmas eve morning weight after only one day of drinking tons of water and being back on plan. I anticipate by tomorrow morning I'll show another 1-2 lb loss.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #27  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I dunno if this makes sense but what I consider bad now isn't like what I considered bad before I started my WL journey in May....so yeah I do know I wasn't on plan BUT it wasn't anything near what I would have scarfed down last Christmas
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #28  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I cooked the Christmas dinner, so had some control, making sure there were a ton of veggies to be eaten. I made a great brunch of whole grain toast and a frittata with lots of veggies in it, (and low fat cheese) and then started making dinner. I was too busy to do too much tasting of food.
I ate a good dinner, and did plan to overeat, but with my stomach having shrunk, overeating is still less than regular eating used to be 2 months ago.
But I binged on all the chocolate I got for gifts the next day. Now I am sick with a cold and will live on chicken soup for a few days.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #29  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

I have not done well at all, not just on Christmas, but in the last few weeks as well. So many things going on, most of which are not good, have stressed me out, left me depressed and turning to food. I have also no been coming here... The only thing I can be thankful for is, by a sheer miracle, I have maintained my ticker weight. I am back, and ready to pick myself up, and begin again.

Last edited by SweetCurves32; 12-27-2008 at 06:09 PM.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:00 PM   #30  
More than halfway to 100!

S/C/G: 273/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I definitely overdid the food, but nothing that won't come off within the next few days. I felt so full on Christmas Eve-- I haven't felt like that ina long time. I felt bad! I worked out on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, though, so that was good.
IrishRose25 is offline   Reply With Quote