Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 11:01 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#165

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!
Old 05-03-2002, 11:05 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

I brought Fluffy over here, she was on the second page and I didn't want anyone to miss it.

FluffyEwe wrote:

Good morning, all!

Yellow - I, too, do the lemon slice in water. In fact, in my fridge I keep a 96-oz. pitcher of water with about 6 lemon slices in it - that's my water allotment for the day, beats trying to keep track of counting glasses. I need to work at finishing that pitcher by about 3:00 p.m., or I'd be up and down all night going potty... And that can be a real pain - pun intended - with these bad knees. I've added you to my Yahoo! Messenger buddy list, as well as ICQ - I don't use those much, but will watch for you when I'm on. I always have AIM and MSN Messenger up and running, though, if you ever get those. Congrats to your company - and you - on the company award! And good luck on your eval.

Mary - I've added you to my Yahoo! Messenger buddy list, too. Looks like I will have to use Yahoo more often!

Michelle - keep those recipes coming! I hate to cook, but like to try some new ideas, especially if they are lo-fat and yummy. I have such a sweet tooth.

Thinthinker - "alone time" with DH is so important - and so much fun, too! (Do YOU have a tub-for-two?) Grand Rapids is only about a 2-1/2 hour drive from here, but that can sure seem like such a long trip sometimes. Yes, GR is a great little city. I think my heart will always be there (but "I left my heart in old Grand Rapids" just doesn't do the song justice). What Detroit suburb are you in? I don't take anything but Motrin for the knees. I had xrays taken a couple of years ago, but due to a mixup at the hospital - they put the wrong doc's name on the report - my doc tells me I need to go to the "other doc" for treatment - he is apparently concerned about lawsuits or some such thing. Anyway, I can guess the treatment any doc would subscribe - "lose weight"... well, DUH! I'm a(n) RN, and have little respect for current-day medical practice, what with the politics of managed care, HMO's, etc. Doesn't help that DH has run the gamut of treatment for his knee - including PT, whirlpool, various medications, SynVisc injections - and now they want to replace his knee - anything to keep the money flowing from our pockets to theirs! So I will try to get the weight off, then if the knees still act up, I'll find a doc somewhere.

Kat - glad you're enjoying the excitement of prom with your daughter. I enjoy a great relationship with 2 of my 3 girls (the 3rd one is a story in itself!) - something I wouldn't trade for the world! Of course, my 2 boys and I have an entirely different relationship... boys are so different than girls!

Lucky - when I think of my closet, I just get depressed - I'm tired of all the "fat clothes" in there! And when did you usurp my throne? I thought I was the journal-hating queen!!!

Tina - walking is a problem with these old knees of mine. I can't go through a grocery store without leaning on the cart to help alleviate the discomfort. And why is exercise such a dirty word for me?

2cute - I know how much "work" goes into babysitting the grandkids, but isn't it fun? We tend to spoil ours just a tad! Yes, my ex helped "train" me for my DH - actually, my ex and I get along fine, in fact, we have our family Christmas and other family events together all the time. Sure makes it easy on the kids, and he (the ex) is actually a nice enough guy. And my DH isn't jealous, so he enjoys the family gatherings, too. I agree with you about not weighing too frequently - I get VERY depressed when I have to look at the numbers. My preferred measuring stick is clothing - I mark my success by how clothes fit, when I go down a size, etc.... seems like a much more practical method to me. After all, the scale only shows numbers, while clothing is a visible sign of success to me. Thanks for the "I DON'T CHEAT" mantra!

Malia - hope you start to feel better soon. I can't understand why all the pain - I've had root canals, crowns, caps, extractions, braces, etc. and never had that much pain for that long.... I sure hope nothing is "wrong". Keep calling that dentist!!!!! Thanks for the words of wisdom regarding self-sabotage.

Hope I didn't miss anyone.... Time to hit the shower. Then it's on to the laundry, since I didn't get to it yesterday.

Have a great weekend, and I'll catch up with all of you on Monday!

-- FluffyEwe

Old 05-03-2002, 12:21 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

I have NO business stopping and posting, but I had to get on the new board!
I guess a quick break couldn't hurt!

Now, Tina...WHO is this guy you are GA-GA over? I think your hubby is cuter! Nice photo, though! I know how you feel...years ago, my friends and I went to the "Stone Pony" in Asbury Park (a club at the Jersey Shore where Bruce Springsteen was reputed to hang out--big Bruce fan here!) Sure enough, there he was, sitting way in the back, at the bar. We approached him for an autograph and I was just positively speechless! I couldn't say a word, just handed him my scrap of paper to sign, (which he did), and stared.....DUHHHHHHH! Wish I had my camera, though! A picture lasts forever...I just have the memory of me being such a dolt!

2cute, I have been trying your saying out...I DON"T CHEAT...then I answer my self, yes I do, that's why I'm so fat! I DON'T CHEAT ANYMORE...yeah, right! I DON'T CHEAT chuckle I'M GOING TO KILL THE VOICE INSIDE MY HEAD! THEN I WON'T CHEAT!

Malia...I hope you are feeling better...you are a trooper, though, exercising through the pain!

to Lucky and Fluffy...self-proclaimed journal-haters...isn't posting here considered journaling? If you want to tell us what you've eaten during the day, feel free! Journaling problem solved!

Michelle...any tornadoes by you? None here, just LOTS of rain, thunder and lightening...today is GORGEOUS , if a little windy!

Thin...have fun with your honey with all that time together...don't forget the sillystring!

Mary...Pulling down the big $$$! Keep us posted about your library adventures!

Okay, back to work for me...sorry if I missed anyone, I'll catch you next time!

later..........
Old 05-03-2002, 02:08 PM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all Posting from work thats one of the perks of working at the library they have computers. I just ate lunch and ate too much. I have got to start bringing my lunch with me otherwise I eat too much of the wrong things.
I applied for a BRANCH MANAGERS JOB AT ANOTHER LIBRARY TODAY. iT IS A SMALL COMMUNITY LIBRARY JUST OPEN 3 HALF DAYS A week. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 05-03-2002, 06:30 PM   #5  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs down Just for 2cute

Is this rough and rugged enough for you? I love the "scruffy" look too!

Old 05-03-2002, 06:42 PM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Just for me........

This is my real Nascar sweetie. Look at DH.....isn't he cute? He likes Tony too......for different reasons. Of course, I mainly respect his driving abilities..

Old 05-03-2002, 07:03 PM   #7  
I'm on my way!

Good evening everyone!

I had such a loooong day today. We had the funeral for John's Uncle and we left here at 10:30 a.m. and I just walked in the door about 10 minutes ago. They had the viewing at the funeral home...then a full mass with communion at the church then the cemetary then the luncheon that was at like 330 this afternoon! We had to drop John's truck off at the mechanics to have the gas gauge fixed that THEY made not work when they did the work they needed to do on it two weeks ago. Andrew went to daycare all day so I had to get him washed, fed and dressed and pack his lunch this morning...then had to get myself showered, hair dried and dressed. We had to pick up June...that's John's dad's girlfriend. She just got on my nerves sooo bad on the way home. I had to drop john off to get his truck first because they closed at 6 and don't open again until monday 8 am. She wanted me to drop her off first but I told her before we left what I had to do and I had to get Andrew by 5:30...she could have gotten a ride with someone else who offered. I finally had to tell her that my son comes first and I HAVE to pick him up by 5:30 and I am going to be late as it is! She said she was just saying it would have saved me time going the other way to not be snippy! Well....woman..you can get out and walk if you want!! I made John take her home in his truck...I dropped them both off and left! His truck is a mess inside but I didn't care...she can sit in it and get her ride home. She thinks she comes first! Wrong!!

Ok enough venting for now. I had a good time today. I ate broiled flounder, green beans and a spoonful of mashed potatos. I did have salad and escarole soup too. I think there was a whole 2 ozs of flounder on the plate. I had a 3 pt breakfast this morning and 2 of those PRIA 2 pt bars inbetween. So I didn't do too bad today. All the up and down during the mass counts as exercise doesnt' it?

Kat no tornadoes for us. Lots of black sky, thunder, lightening and rain then it cleared. It was quite windy today at the cemetary!

Mary good luck with the job!!

Fluffy...I'll keep trying recipes and let you know of the good ones! I like quick and easy too!

Well you all better come out and post today. Not many of you around! I know Tina is working...2cute where you be? Oh I know...taking nudie pictures! Theresa is working too....

Ok gotta get the boy ready for bed! TTFN

Michelle
Old 05-03-2002, 07:07 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

Tina you snuck in on me!

You respect who's driving abilities...DH or whats his name?
Old 05-03-2002, 08:45 PM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

Tina......

Hubba Hubba Hubba !!!!!!!!

Old 05-03-2002, 11:49 PM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Question Where is everyone ????

I was here 3 hours ago for just a minute... and no one has been here since. I assume you are all out having FUN on Fun Friday.
I wrote this off line.... and I am going to paste it first and then go read.

Hello all... No time to respond to anyone.
I am exhausted from these little angels
I tried to sneak in earlier... but I no more read one post and the baby started crying.
Just sent Tina a quick note and had to run.

It is amazing how just one day and this house is the pits from my grandbabies. Bottles, diaper bags, dirty diapers , snacks, sippy cups, toys, toys, toys. LOL
I have to clean tonight because the "perfect" grandma is coming here tomorrow.
Her house is ALWAYS clean, polished, and sterilized.
How is a fat OLD lady suppose to compete with that.
Of course... if she is getting company she pays someone to come clean her clean house. LOL. PLUS... she is married to a man that is a better wife than I am.
Oh well.... some people are neat, smart and clean.... and then there are the CUTE ones like me. LOL LOL

Okay... I am going to post this BEFORE I read a single word so I don't feel compelled to respond to everyone. LOL
If there are any newcomers ... WELCOME !!!
If there are any return posters.... WELCOME BACK !!!!
If there are any lurkers.... WEL COME BACK!!!!!
(I just crack myself up sometimes... LOL LOL)

I LOVE these babies ..... BUT ....
I am soooooooooooooooo glad they are in bed asleep.
Hopefully I will see you all tomorrow.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-03-2002 at 11:54 PM.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:31 AM   #11  
I'm on my way!

2Cute...my house is like that ALL THE TIME! Sippy cups, diapers, wipes, toys toys, toys, toys, toys and more toys! This kid could open up his own toy store!

Well I dont' have anything else to report today....except I wanted to eat already so I stuck two pieces of trident white gum in my mouth and came here to see who posted since I last did and I have to tell you...NOT MANY! That trident white gum is very powerful and the flavor lasts a long long time. It really keeps me from eating. Clean fresh mouth!!

Andrew and I are going to toys r us to get his cousin a birthday present for his party tomorrow. Dont' know what to get a 7 year old boy but I was thinking a gift card and then a little something to go with it. I will probably end up buying my son something too. Some outside toys. I am dangerous there...remember the last time I went there I had to wedge the kid into his car seat to get him home...I couldn't see him for the ride..luckily it was only 2-3 miles from the house!

Well....I surely do hope to see some of you all posting when I get back! I know its the weekend and everyone is busy but that is when I need you all the MOST! Especially on a weekend like now when John works!

I'll be back!!

Michelle
Old 05-04-2002, 11:31 AM   #12  
I'm on my way!

It is sooooo lonely in here! Its so empty I am echoing!!

Guess I'll go have lunch!
Old 05-04-2002, 03:06 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

I'm here! I'm here! But only for a minute or two...I haven't stopped since early morning...My son is sick with strep throat...I had him at the doctors early this AM, thank God she's in on Saturdays! Poor little guy, he spiked a temp last night to 103.8! I gave him Tylenol and he up-chucked about two minutes later...so I gave him some more and he threw that up too! I was putting cool clothes on his head, thinking, how am I gonna get this fever down? Finally he kept it down and slept the night with me...In the meantime, hubby has the grossest eye infection I have ever seen! He looks like he was punched in the eye, it is so swollen...I ran to the pharmacy last night, after we got the prom queen off...got him some boric acid to rinse his eye with...it helped a little, but he got through to the doc today and he called in a prescription... Now I have to run back and pick up this rx...this will be my THIRD time at the pharmacy in less than 24 hours...In between all this I have managed to do some laundry, do the dishes, empty all the old paint cans and such out of the garage for "Hazardous Waste Disposal Day," they only do it twice a year, so I needed to get that done...there were paint cans sitting there since we moved in 11 years ago! I've been to the bank, the gas station, and Home Depot to buy a new toilet seat...I picked up my daughter from dance class and drove her cross town to play practice...I"M DONE!!!

It is such a lovely day too...I just want to go outside and plant some flowers...I'm going to pick up some New Guinea Impatiens for the front of the house...if it takes me til midnight, I'm putting those flowers in!

DH wants to go see "Spiderman." He can barely see out of the one eye and he wants to go to the movies! I think Spidey will be around for awhile...we'll get there eventually!

OK, break time is over...back on the road again for me...

I'll be back...have a great day!
Old 05-04-2002, 03:23 PM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Question Where the heck is everybody???!!!

Ok guys............Come out and play!!!!!!

Wonder where everyone is at today? Hmmmm....could be a conspiracy. I don't know.

Maybe they are all out eating icecream without us!!! Just kidding.

Well, I myself have done absolutely nothing today and I loved it! This is the first real weekend that I've had off from work since I started there, I believe. I've been there a year this month and ever since I started, I've had to work weekends.......whether I was on seconds, first or third. But when my boss sent me back to first this time, I told her it would be nearly impossible for me to work on the weekends, due to the fact that DH works just about every weekend and I don't have anyone to watch the boys all day every weekend. She said she wouldn't promise me 7-3 M-F, because there would be times she would need me.......but she promised if I had to work a weekend day, that they would be few and far between and so far, she has kept her word. I had to work last Saturday, but only because I asked to have Monday off and I'm off this weekend and next weekend. YIPPEE!!!!

Michelle: Hey sweet girl. I will try my best to keep you company this weekend while John's working, ok? But, I will be unavailable tonight between 7:00 and 10:30 because Nascar is having a special Saturday night race this week instead of tomorrow. And you know..................I've got to watch my man! But I will be around and online most of the time............so I'll either see you here or send me an IM.

2cute: Soooooo, I see you like the scruffy picture of Tony, huh? Actually, he looks that way most of the time. He almost always has stubble.....he must have just shaved the day I took that picture at the personal appearance. And boy...........did you sound busy yesterday! Wore me out just reading your post! Not quite ready for grandchildren yet!

Mary: I will keep my fingers crossed for you regarding the branch managers job.........I sure hope you get it my friend. And on the taking lunch thing.......I HAVE to take my lunch.....if I don't, I always get into trouble.

Kat: The person I am GA-GA over........as you so delightfully put it is Tony Stewart. (Which let me clarify.....I am truly GA-GA over only one man and that is my DH) but even though I am married, I am not dead. hehehe Anyways, he is a Winston Cup Nascar Driver and in my humble opinion, the best one on the track. If you ever get a chance to watch Nascar, look out for the bright orange #20 Home Depot Car.......(it should be near the front if not leading the pack!!) Hope you have a great day my friend!
ALSO....you snuck in on me while I was posting.....sorry about you little boy. Hope he feels better. {{sending chicken soup and kleenex}}

Fluffy: Exercising is not one of my favorite things either. But if you are going to change your life....you have to do something and you have to move your body. No, I'm not telling you to go out and run a marathon. Start out slowly. Maybe a walk around the block.......baby steps.......baby steps. You can do it!

TT: Thanks for starting the new thread! Where are you today? Out doing a bra job? hehe Stop in today if you can. Always like to see a post from you!

Well girls...........I think I just hit my 100th post.....in a way, it makes me feel really good..............but in a way, when I look at everyone elses post #'s, I feel pretty small. Oh well. It's more than I started out with. Maybe I just need to post more.
Have a great day to everyone I missed. I love you all!

Last edited by QueenB; 05-04-2002 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-04-2002, 04:46 PM   #15  

Hi Girls

I have been on the go since 5:30 this morning...I must be crazy to be up and moving that early on the weekend!! My oldest sister and a few friends from work and I all got out and hit the rummage sales this morning...(Just what I needed...more junk! ) I have a GR8 time, but my body is telling me it's tired!!!

I still haven't gotten my evaluation from the VP yet...but I AM going to stay positive, and pray that it all goes well!! Yesterday afternoon at work, it's probably a good thing nobody important was in the building....nobody was working...ha ha....we had a nice chat session most of the afternoon

The weather here is absolutely gorgeous here today.....It's 73 degrees outside, the sun is shining, and there is a gentle breeze. As soon as I finish up here, I'm heading out to enjoy some more of that sunshine!!

Kat-I understand the dh wanting to see Spiderman!!! My dh has driven me absolutely crazy for the last couple weeks anticipating it's release.....needless to say, we went to a packed to capacity theater last night to see the wall crawler. It is very good!!! And I'm sure you are very right.....your hubby will have plenty of time to see it...How did your daughter enjoy her prom? Hope your little one gets to feeling better!!! Your big one too!! Eye infections are nothing to mess with, hope the medication clears it up!!

Tina Tina Tina.....I love your pics of Tony!!! ----As much as I can talk...I know I wouldn't have been able to speak a word either!!!

Well girls....I better get my butt off here and get busy!!! (Enjoying the sunshine!!!) Think a nice walk is in order!!

I will check in later!!!

Love you all

Theresa
Closed Thread