3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Success is a Choice (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/159062-success-choice.html)

PhotoChick 12-21-2008 12:47 AM

Success is a Choice

I read this on one of the blogs I feed. This is something I know and believe 100%, but for some reason reading these particular words really made it resonate in my head tonight.

So I thought I'd share. It's a quote from Rick Pitino, currently the head coach for the Louisville men’s basketball team.

Quote:

This is the one given if you want to be successful. When it comes to work ethic there can be no compromises. Any other promise is made of fool’s gold.

We can see the evidence of fool’s gold around us every day. It’s the people looking for the quick fix. The easy way…as if all you have to do is follow some simple directions and your problems will disappear.

The bottom line: Nothing meaningful or lasting comes without working hard at it, whether it’s in your own life or with people you’re trying to influence.

You want to succeed? Okay, then succeed. DESERVE IT! How? Outwork everybody in sight. Sweat the small stuff, sweat the big stuff. Go the extra mile…but whatever it takes put your heart and soul into everything you do.

That won’t happpen unless you choose to make it happen. Success is not a lucky break. It is not a divine right. It is not an accident of birth. SUCCESS IS A CHOICE.”
I swear I'm going to print this up and stick it on my bathroom mirror so I read it every day.

angiemo3 12-21-2008 12:59 AM

That is so true....I printed it and honestly I think I need to read it everyday, might keep me in perspective.

gymlee 12-21-2008 01:01 AM

Wow. He put it clearly and succinctly. Thanks for sharing Photo. I kinda needed to see that right now.

It reminds me of a quote Jillian Michaels said on the Biggest Loser to a contestant named Shellay. She said "But to have more, you gotta give more. You gotta give more. I need more. You're one breath away from being anything you want to be. That one breath is a choice, choose it. Make a different choice. Tell a different story." Words like that are powerful.

cfmama 12-21-2008 03:06 AM

I love that. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Mrs Snark 12-21-2008 07:57 AM

I have a Type A personality, so of course this resonates with me.

AngelMae 12-21-2008 09:00 AM

Thanks for sharing! I think that I really needed that today!

rockinrobin 12-21-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Success is not a lucky break. It is not a divine right. It is not an accident of birth. SUCCESS IS A CHOICE.”
So true. So very true.

Reminds me of another favorite phrase that I've come across. "You want to be successful? Don't wish for it. Work for it.

sjm1027 12-21-2008 08:24 PM

I too love it and did hang it up today. While I shave I can read it each morning. Came just in time for me, I want to start a part time business.
Thanks

rockinrobin 12-21-2008 08:51 PM

No, I got my phrase wrong. It's "Don't wish for success. Work for it". I knew something didn't sound right when I first wrote it.

Ookpik 12-21-2008 10:33 PM

Makes sense, what Photo posted and Robin's quote. Thanks for sharing.

jahjah1223 12-21-2008 10:56 PM

So very true.

recidivist 12-21-2008 11:01 PM

Thanks Photo, for the words of wisdom.

SJM, love your stats. YOU ROCK! Talk about working for success.

Jen415 12-22-2008 10:52 AM

Awesome quote--thanks!

luvja 12-22-2008 11:34 AM

Thanks for sharing. I like that. :)