3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   PMSing and could eat my face off (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/158979-pmsing-could-eat-my-face-off.html)

inspired by you 12-19-2008 01:03 PM

PMSing and could eat my face off

it is only lunch time and already I have eaten 2/3 of my calories for the day and I am still starving. Seriously hungry, not just a psychological thing like I often get when reading or watching things about food, but true hunger. for breakfast I had a parfait with granola, yogurt and strawberries. then at 10 I had a can of spicy thai chili flavored tuna and 5 crackers, which is the worst of all the little cans of tuna but I LOVE it. Now I just finished lunch which consisted of left over sweet and sour beef I made for supper (minus the rice). I put the recipe into sparkpeople and I estimated that I probably had a serving and a half but logged two servings for my calories just to be on the safe side. So that is all ive had but its been pretty high calorie stuff i guess. I was just hoping with the tuna and the sweet and sour beef that the protein would fill me up and maybe I wouldnt be as hungry, but its not working, I'm starving. I have boiled eggs cooking now, but thought I would post here before I ate those and then moved on to something else. Does anyone have any suggestions for anything that might be filling and satisfying?:?: I AM STARVING.

luvja 12-19-2008 01:07 PM

Carrots and celery. Those usually fill me up, or head over to Timmies and get a nice cup of coffee.

inspired by you 12-19-2008 01:17 PM

mmmm, egg salad on celery...lol

you are right, I have had next to no fruits and veggies today. Maybe thats part of the problem. Gonna go try some celery and carrots. Thanks again.

Lori Bell 12-19-2008 06:21 PM

Hey Gloria, I been dealing with that too. I've managed to stay on plan, but this has been going on for 2 weeks, (aunt flo is 2 weeks late). It has definitely been the biggest struggle since I have started my diet and it has been SOOOO hard to focus when I am starving all the time.

My best advice is to make things that require a lot of eating for not many calories. I make a version of the WW cabbage soup that you can eat several cups for basically a few calories, I've been living on that to help fill me, but it takes awhile to make and I haven't been able to make it to the store today to get more veggies. Another favorite is a giant cucumber, onion and tomato salad with some tasty low-cal dressing and red wine vinegar. It takes a long time to eat it and by the time I'm done I just plain tired of chewing. Good luck, I hope the scale during your PMS is much kinder than mine! ;)

inspired by you 12-19-2008 09:01 PM

Thanks Lori and Luvja. DH came home shortly after me posting this and we went Christmas shopping so that took my mind off of eating for a bit. Then I went to work for a few hours. Now I'm home. Just have to make it through the night and hope tomorrows a better day.

Lori I'm sorry to hear the scales weren't nice to you. I was so leary about posting my entrance to Onederland. I just knew the scales were playing a cruel joke on me. But so far so good. I'll keep my fingers crossed. And hopefully TOM will come for you soon and you can get rid of the water weight and get back to Onederland. Good luck. and thanks for the soup idea. I love that stuff!

pucedaisy 12-19-2008 10:12 PM

i had the tuna tonight, too! and i love making veggie soup and pureeing it so i can have something that feels substantial but is low in calories and gets even more veggies in my diet!

today at work i was hungry. i work in a bar/restaurant with all sorts of unsuitable snacks. someone ordered a bloody mary and i thought, now what a good idea! so i had one myself- without the vodka- and it kept me going til i could get home and have my healthy food.

our bloody mix has tomato juice, horseradish, worcestershire sauce, celery seed and old bay, so it has some texture and kick to it. i really didn't miss the vodka!:xcheer:

cheers!

TheTinGirl 12-19-2008 11:32 PM

I'm sorry but reading what's in a bloody Mary...I'm kinda glad I don't have a working pancreas and can't drink. LOL

I eat low sodium dill pickles all the time. i don't know why but I love them and I get a huge jar (Cause my money doesn't stretch enough these days...) and they work pretty well for me. Or sugar free jello with sugar free cool whip when I have a sweet tooth. Though sometimes I have to wonder what exactly I'm eating...like jello? There's nothing in it! It doesn't make sense! Lol

JulieJ08 12-19-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTinGirl (Post 2505215)
Or sugar free jello with sugar free cool whip when I have a sweet tooth. Though sometimes I have to wonder what exactly I'm eating...like jello? There's nothing in it! It doesn't make sense! Lol

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/question557.htm

"The gelatin you eat in Jell-O comes from the collagen in cow or pig bones, hooves, and connective tissues. To make gelatin, manufacturers grind up these various parts and pre-treat them with either a strong acid or a strong base to break down cellular structures and release proteins like collagen. After pre-treatment, the resulting mixture is boiled. During this process, the large collagen protein ends up being partially broken down, and the resulting product is called gelatin. The gelatin is easily extracted because it forms a layer on the surface of the boiling mixture."

teawithsunshine 12-20-2008 04:55 AM

Have an egg-white omelet with some veggies! That "snack" or meal can easily be 50 calories or so.

figureskater546 12-20-2008 05:16 AM

try drinking some tea to hold you over until your next meal: warm fluids enlarge the intestinal tract making you feel more full.

aphil 12-20-2008 09:05 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say that I nominate this thread for 3FC thread title of the year! :lol: Thank you for making me laugh! :lol:

inspired by you 12-20-2008 10:57 PM

Thank you everyone for your great suggestions. The last few days have been baaad. Not too much over on calories but wayyy over on fat. Just feel yucky. I know I will definitely be using some of these suggestions in the future but for now i'm going to have an apple.

aphil, its always nice to put a smile on someones face, even if only for a brief moment.

Marms 12-20-2008 11:14 PM

I feel your pain. I ate way to much today due to TOM. And I woke up 4 lbs heavier than I was last night. Gotta love TOM!!

Thighs Be Gone 12-20-2008 11:55 PM

You know, the egg salad with celery sounds great. I am going to have that for my breakfast. I just use the fat-free Mir Whip for the drssing and only use the whites.

TheTinGirl 12-28-2008 10:11 PM

I just popped in this thread after forgetting to check it...is that really jello? Wow...speechless. Doesn't happen often. Wow...