Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Default Holiday Open House at work today - Resolving Not to Give In

Today is one of those open houses for customers, where they have a huge table of treats sitting out. And it is right in front of my desk. So far I have not taken a single thing. My resolve is weakening as the day goes on, so I wanted to post a thread to motivate me not to give in.

I'm going to think of how good I've been feeling lately when my clothes have been slipping on easier. Nothing on that table is worth giving that up for.

I'm sure alot of us have those treat tables sitting out at work right now, or something in the breakroom tempting us. What will motivate you today, to stay on plan? Let me know so I can get motivation from you too! Let's stay OP chicks!
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:16 PM   #2  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I join you in the quest for NO, THANKS I don't eat that. It's been a long while since I used those words and my waistline and mental attitude are struggling.

I'm on the minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day plan. starting today. so far so good. looking to continue this trend.

woohoo!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/160/155

Height: 5'8"

Good idea with posting to keep you occupied and accountable! All you have to do is come back to your post if you're feeling weak. You had it right, it is so much more rewarding for clothes to "slip on" than it is to eat a cookie (or 5).

With all the treats floating around me it makes me want to eat out and indulge in some sort of bad or fast food. Instead of doing so I asked the bf to bring home a toasted chicken breast sandwich with pepper jack cheese from Subway. Sounds delicious, and it gives me that feeling of eating something bad when really I am within my plan (and getting lots of veggie toppings too)!

Be Strong! Resist that evil table!
My older sister and I have a joke whenever we walk into a bakery or place with lots of "goodies" around. We say we are getting contact fat and we have to get outta there. As long as that contact fat doesn't turn into REAL fat, you're good.

blanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

How are you doing? Holding up OK? I hope so!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #5  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I just marched past two open boxes of treats. Well, they were in a room I was walking by. I smelled the smell and kept on keepin on.

Lainey??

Jay, your posts ALWAYS make me smile.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:15 PM   #6  
sct
Shy chick

S/C/G: sw167/cw145

Height: 5'-10"

It helps that my office is full of vultures. Lately if I see treats sitting out, I tell myself I can come back for it later if I really really have to have something. Most of the time when I go back, there's nothing left but a pile of crumbs.

This time of year is really hard though. We've had gift baskets and boxes of candy and cookies and tins of popcorn in the break room every day for at least two weeks. I try not to go back there at all any more. Its too much temptation and I will eventually break

Good for you for resisting!!!

Last edited by sct; 12-17-2008 at 03:16 PM.
sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hi chicks! It took me awhile to get back here because work was crazy. I was victorious over the sweet table though!!!! I must have had to walk by 100 times, but I just kept concentrating on how loose my waistband feels on my pants! Thanks for all the support! Whew! We did it!
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote