3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Stay at Home Mom's #43

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 10:43 PM   #31

S/C/G: 174.8/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

Thanks Jen for that info on the rice cakes. I'm definitely going to buy some. Where I went today to buy a few groceries didn't have any. Can you believe that?? I'll have to go to walmart or somthing. I've seen them there before. The chocolate ones sound great.
I did really good today. I stayed under 10 grams of fat. I had alot of fruit and vegetables though. I feel so good about this diet.
Well, I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I hope all had a great monday and I look forward to reading your posts tomorrow. G'nite!!

5'3" Mother to 4

Just say NO to Gluten! Gluten free since 11/1/12

SW 178 CW 119 GW 110
Old 05-06-2002, 11:32 PM   #32

Hey all, I am op, had a pretty eventful day with the glam shot place. I have dry skin, and why did that girl, coat it with powder, and now I am itching.. lol.. Well how whas everyone on this Monday?? I love rice and corn cakes!! I always have some on hand for my munchies,, yummy, and fat free fig newtons!! Glad to hear that you are still doing well SPryng, I knew you wouldHave a good night everyone, and see ya later!!

latisia

tae bo tomorrow, hurray!

Stay Strong, and you wont be wrong!!

Old 05-07-2002, 07:31 AM   #33
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Well, it sure sounds as though most of you are doing fine. Lots of low fat eating and excercise. I love those chocolate rice cakes too- Quacker makes chocolate chip caramel ones that are deadly. And I think fairly low in calories and fat too. I do not buy them anymore- primarily because they taste too good and I tend to overdo with them.

I am so proud of and happy for you- Jen, Latisia and Spryng, you seem to be doing well with your eating and excercise. (Jackie- I read that you were a loser too!!!) I stay inspired by your posts (thanks!) and even though I am sort of stuck in neutral here I hope to break out of it today. My walk is planned for midday- I have errands to run then and I might as well do it on foot. As soon as I get off of here I am going to do the body sculpting section of my step tape- to tone up all the flab ( which will take forever).
Still super busy here. I am planning a 16th bday party for Dd on 5/18- and we are trying to get this house cleaned up and painted before then. Gotta go! My sleepy head Dd (the 6 yr old) just woke up. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 05-07-2002, 11:28 AM   #34

Goodmorning everyone!!
Thanks Ginny for the encouragement. You have alot to do this month huh? You always have alot to do!! You could probably run circles around me. I'm slow at everything I do. My days are never very eventful. I get up about 9:00 am (the kids have been sleeping in lately) clean until about 11:00 am and then that's it. I read, play with the kids, or watch the tube, and on occasion when the weather is nice we all go somewhere. But I am a definite home body. But I like it that way.
I'm doing good so far today. I don't have any urge to cheat. I had a banana for breakfast so far and plan on having low fat meals the rest of the day. I can't thank latisia enough for recommending this diet to me. I think it's been a lifesaver because I was about ready to quit dieting all together. I was tired of being hungry all day and counting so many calories. This is perfect for me.
Last night I kidnapped my little sister (15) and little brother (2) and held them for ransom!! I left a note for my dad to come and get them and a free dinner or else! (my mom works nights so she couldn't come) So he came over and we had a nice dinner and jammed with our guitars. Then my sister and I did some karoake on the computer. Anyway, it turned out to be a great night. All the kids had a blast and so did the adults. Maybe I need to kidnap them more often. Did I tell you guys that I have a new pet?? I brought home a black and white flop eared rabbit. The neighbors behind my parents wanted to get rid of her for free and she came with cage, food, etc. So I took her. She's about a year old and so cute! Her name is Oreo. And it fits her. She's in the house right now. I put her in her cage at night and she runs around in the daytime. She's very friendly. The kids just think she's something.
Well, I guess I need to get some dishes done and then the house is finished for today. I'll be back later.

5'3" Mother to 4

SW 178 CW 119 GW 110
Old 05-07-2002, 03:52 PM   #35

Hello everyone!! Thanks Ginny, and those caramel chocolate ones are deadly!! they didnt last long here!!

I am doing good, got my tae bo in early, and i have to try to keep it early now, much more affective, Feeling pumped, eating op too!!

Spryng, I am just glad you didnt give up Keep up the good work, and your reward will be here before you know it!! That bunny sounds cute, i really want a pet, ( when i return home!!)

Well everyone hope all is well, ttyl!!

Old 05-07-2002, 04:52 PM   #36
hangin' in there...

Hi girls...

I've never tried the caramel choc chip rice cakes... will have to pick them up on my next trip to the store!

Ginny, thanks for the kind words! I hope things are going ok for you and that maybe you can find some time to relax a bit.

Spryng, you sound so pumped!!! Keep it up! And congrats on the bunny! I had a golden colored mini-lop named MAxine who would run around the house with our cat and dog. She was a riot! The kids would desperately love a bunny or two, but dh will not allow it. It's ok, we have the dogs and cats.

Latisia, sounding good, girl!

I am dragging today... worked til 4:30am, came home for a couple of hours of sleep, and been up with the kids all day. Had to run dd to the dentist this morn, then took the gang to the mall for lunch. Good thing is I've been too tired to eat badly, but also too tired to exercise. But I am way under for my calories so far today, and it's almost dinner time.

I did get to make a way cool purchase at the mall, though. My girlfriend's Mom gave me a larger-than-she-should-have check for my upcoming b-day (she is like a 2nd mother to me). So I decided I would use it to purchase a special piece of jewlery that would remind me of turning 30. Remember the earring I briefly lost at the sock hop a few months ago? Well, the earrings match the diamond anniverasry band from dh, and I used my money to buy the matching diamond tennis bracelet today. It is just gorgeous, and very special to me, since I do not own a lot of "good" jewlery. What a nice gift and so fun to splurge on ME for a change!

Well, gotta go start dinner for the crowd... ds has a hockey game tonight, so we eat early. Hope everyone else is well. talk soon...

starting weight: 177lbs (9/8/03)
current weight: 161lbs (11/03/03)
Thanksgiving challenge: 156lbs
Old 05-07-2002, 10:36 PM   #37
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Simply amazing that I got back on here this evening! Actually, I had to get on to print out invitations to Dd's bday party, and thought I would stop in and say hello.

Jen- I warned you, those caramel chocolate chip rice cakes are addicting! That tennis bracelet sounds wonderful and I am sure that you will really appreciate it if you do not have all that much good jewelry (I have very little also). Enjoy it ! And what a sweet "mom" to give you such a generous gift! I hope that you ended up under calories also.

Latisia- your day sounded really good! You got your Taebo in (WTG) and hopefully ended up on an energetic note.

Spryng- Oreo sounds adorable! Bunnies are so cute and fuzzy- and a whole lot rambuncious than a 1 year old cat (I have one of them!) Sounds like you had a great time with your family too, what a fun and relaxing evening.

My day ended up ok, I guess. (eating sort of fell out again........grrrrrrrrrr) I did get a walk in. And thankfully, Dd got a ride home from softball practice, so I did not have to do that run! (but I have to pick her up tomorrow). Youngest Dd was not feeling all that well this evening- it just seems to be allergies to me but she is a bit droopy.
Well, I had better go and work on those invitations! See ya tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 05-09-2002, 10:27 AM   #38

Well it's confession time
Tuesday night I went over my fat grams and it was fast food AGAIN!!! I had a list of every restaurant except one and of course that is what my DH brought home. So I over ate. Yesterday I didn't stick to a low fat diet it was more of a low cal but not that low. I ended at around 1600 or so cals. I'm going to confess something. I know I really liked Low Fat eating. I liked it alot. But to tell you the truth I'm so tired of dieting. I'm tired of eating "certain" things and weighing so often. I hate depriving myself of favorite foods when we go out and thinking about food all day long. So I talked it over with my husband and I think I'm just going to do portion control and exercise. I will use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate when I eat. I will still buy low fat foods and such (I prefer the taste anyway ) But I'm not counting calories or fat or weighing in anymore. I'm going to measure success by the way my jeans fit. If they are getting tight I will cut back but if they continue the way they are or get loose then I know I'm doing something right. I will weigh but only once every couple of weeks. I'm putting the scale out of sight. I've been dieting for such a long time (almost a full year non stop) switching diets often and feeling guilty when I go over my daily allowance. So I'm taking a break for a while. maybe in a month or two I will feel like doing it again. But I'm losing hair like crazy and I thought it was my BC pills but someone told me excessive dieting can make that happen. I'm still going to buy a treadmill and today I'm going to start some strength training. So I'm not giving up girls I'm just changing the way I lose weight this time. It will probably be really slow but I'm ok with that. Yesterday I ate what I wanted (including pizza) just to see if I could manage without a "specific" plan and I did good. I even got some exercise in so I feel good about it. Does this sound like I'm giving up? I don't feel I am. I just need a new approach. You know??
Anyway, I guess I'll get off here. I'll check back in later.

5'3" Mother to 4

SW 178 CW 119 GW 110
Old 05-09-2002, 10:53 AM   #39

Hi everyone!!!

Ginny~ I'm glad to see you posting. I missed you! What is your theme for the birthday party? Hope you can get outa neutral soon!!!

Gemini~ I'm glad you are back posting too! Happy Birtday too! When was/is it?

T-girl~ How are things going? Are you seeing results from the tae bo?

Spryng~ I made the same transition as you. I don't count calories or fat anylonger. I am cutting all portions in half. I still get on the scale. Good luck! Are you still going to post? I hope!
Old 05-09-2002, 10:58 AM   #40

Of course I'm still going to post!! I have made great friends here and even if I was going to put on 20 lbs I'd still post. I'm not going anywhere, just changing my dieting approach.

5'3" Mother to 4

SW 178 CW 119 GW 110
Old 05-09-2002, 01:07 PM   #41

@ myself! I have been really weird lately. I'm not sure why I said that to you Spryng
I sorda felt like I didn't belong here anymore since I'm not dieting anymore.
It's my insecurities. I guess I was wondering how you felt about it all?
What do all of you think?
Old 05-09-2002, 01:30 PM   #42

Misty you will always be welcome here whether you are dieting or not. In fact even if you hit your goal weight you will always be dieting to maintain. It's a never ending process!! So in my humble opinion you are greatly appreciated! Please don't quit posting ok??
My day is going well so far. I had a bowl of bran flakes with fat free milk for breakfast. I still feel like I am on a low fat low cal diet. But I didn't measure my cereal or milk nor did I look at the nutrition panel (a hard habit to break) But I know I can do this.
Last night was a doozy for us. We had a massive thunder storm roll through at about 3:00 this morning. My DH got up to check the weather on TV and we were right smack in the middle of a tornado warning!! My DD (2) was really scared and ended up in bed with me, and I was so afraid. We live in a double wide, not the safest place to be when there is a tornado on the ground. But there wasn't anywhere for us to go. So I clutched my kids to me and prayed very hard. I was crying and my DH was pacing and then it blew by. Just like that. Gone. Even the rain and wind stopped. Talk about prayers being answered. I told my DH that if I'm going to be that scared everytime a storm comes through because of the type of house we live in then I'm MOVING. or we need to invest in a storm shelter. But they are so expensive. Needless to say when we all went back to bed my DD came with me and wasn't tired anymore so she spent the rest of the night waking me up by playing with my hair or arms and such. I am so tired today from all that. Nap time is coming up and I think I'm going to steal one too
Anyway, they are calling for more storms the next three days. I hope they are mild. Or I'm staying elsewhere.

5'3" Mother to 4

SW 178 CW 119 GW 110
Old 05-09-2002, 02:44 PM   #43

Hey all, how is your day, I am d oing great, but didnt get to tae bo early!! Gonna do it in a min though!! Misty, I am seeing more results now from the tae bo, I put on those 18 capri pants, and they honestly are tooo baggy. Also i just feel better, I wanted to tell you too, you are welcome here also no matter what you are doing! We love to hear from ya!!

Thaks Ginny for the support, and helpful words, dont know what id do without tae bo!!LOL

Happy Birthday, Jen, I know it feels good to get that jewelery back, Have a nice on!!

Spryng, Well girl, you just have to do what is right for you, and what you feel comfortable with, Just because this (low fat) works for me, doesnt mean it will work for you, or lots of people. I hope you do find the plan that you can stick with, thus leaving the dieting yo-yo!! I know it is hard, I have been there, as alot of others have!! I cant stand counting anything, so I don't. This plan is just programmed with me, but everyone likes/respons to things differntly, I wish you well, !! I really agree with you about the scale, it can set some people for failure, if used too much!! Well ttyl.. Take care everyone, !!

Latisia

Old 05-09-2002, 02:59 PM   #44

Hi Just so you know I started a new thread 4/8 so I will leave a clickable to the new thread and also quote your posts to the new thread if you dont mind..--------------->NEW THREAD<-------------
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.