3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Stay at Home Mom's #43

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2002, 01:01 AM   #16

Hey all, just peeping in, and I will weigh tomorrow, Spryng, glad to hear you like the lowfat eating!! Keep it up.. I am tired, my son is teething and now has a low grade fever, been giving him tylenol, looking for tooth to pop out SOON, Thank goodness!! Stayed op, and glad.. well goodnight to all!!

latisia

Stay Strong, and you wont be wrong!!

Old 05-04-2002, 10:54 AM   #17

S/C/G: 174.8/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!!!
Sorry to hear about your little boy Latisia. My ds is teething to but nobody notices. He is having several come through this time. But my kids have never been fussy with teething. If tylenol doesn't break the fever try infant motrin. That's what my doctor says to use first because it works wonders on fevers.
Well gals, today is day two and I'm ready for anything!! I lost a lb and that felt great! I'm looking forward to counting fat grams and all that. Since as you ladies know, my weakness on any diet is fast food I printed off some of my favorite restaurants nutrition guides. Two copies. I'm putting one in the car and one for home. That way I can just look at the sheet and know if it fits into my eating for that day. It seems like alot of restaurants are including low fat items on their menus now and that makes it easier for me. I really want to go all the way this time.
I hope everyone's weekend is going well. I don't feel like my weekend starts until sunday so today is like every other day to me.
Guess I'll get off here. Have a great OP day!!!

5'3" Mother to 4

Just say NO to Gluten! Gluten free since 11/1/12

SW 178 CW 119 GW 110
Old 05-04-2002, 03:54 PM   #18

Hey all, just letting you know my progress, I have lost 1.5 pounds this week even though i messed up twice( not too shabby) I was a 22 like I told you all, now I am in an 18 that is loose!! Oh my it has been a long time since that has happened!! I am gonna tae bo, and weight lift today!!!

Jenni, glad to hear from you, we all have our times, and it is good to be able to have someone to tell it to, and let it out( i know....) Lilbit.. thanks, and I will pm you soon, !! spryng, sounds like this is the plan for you!! Hooray!! GOod job, and keep it up! to everyone else , I hope you have a wonderful day!! Talk to you all later today

Latisia

Old 05-05-2002, 01:19 AM   #19

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

I'm going to try & make this a quick post as I'm pretty tired. I couldn't go to bed 'til I read everyone's posts. It's like going to my mail box to see if there's any interesting mail for me. I'd loved to send the bills back to the sender. Congratulations goes out to Spryng & Latisia for their success in weightloss this past week! I've only lost a half-pound this week. It's kind of got me down, especially after the week before when I lost a pound p/day for 3 straight days. I'm sure a lot of the weight that I lost was water weight & maybe the excess sludge in my intestines & digestive tract. (Pardon my matter of speech, but I really do think that this is what it was!) I'm trying to stay focused though & lose this once & for all! DD had a unexpected friend over for the afternoon & part of the early evening. She stayed through the dinner hour & unfortunately I didn't have anything too apealing in the house, so we ordered pizza again. I guess I'll have to pedal it off again. Misty: Your size 14 girls jeans was just too much for me to read! I believe in Jr. sizes it would convert to a size 3 or 5. I agree that you don't have to lose any more wt. & just to maintain w/b a better choice. Oh!, and IM counts as a phone call to your dh in my books. It's sure a lot cheaper that way. Ginny & I were always going to try IM to each other, but I didn't think that I had it available on my computer. I did notice that DH has it on his. All I need to do now is figure out how to use it. Jen: Thanks for popping in & posting. I know exactly how you feel right now. I was in the same mode for about 6 months straight. Isn't your bike a stationary/recumbent bike? If it is- try to have your computer close to the bike so that you can surf the web while on the bike. The time sure flies this way. I ended up staying on for 16 min. longer yesterday because I was so into reading my e-mail & the posts on our thread. Just by what you said, I can tell you are stress eating because you are burning at both ends. Don't ever think that we think you are disgusting. We enjoy hearing from you! Spryng: Glad that the low fat plan is working out for you. I'm also watching my fat grams on the ffl plan & try to stay at no more than 20 grams of fat p/day.
I also am trying to keep my WW points at 25. I guess you could say that I'm on the 3-in-1 plan! Sheila: Thanks for posting & I'm sure glad to see you in better spirits. I sure hope you can work something out with the twin kitties. What a bummer if you have to find them another new home! (Especially since Tyson has warmed up to you.) As for the religion part, I hope I haven't offended you by adding you to my prayer list. If it bothers you, I'll just do a "silent" one for you, okay? And for your homepage: I sure wish I could be as talented as you are when it comes to computers. I'm a slow learner when it comes to this subject. I still haven't found my favorite picture of myself yet & when I do, I'll definitely try to figure out how to post it here. And for the inlaw part, I'm not too sure how "normal" my FIL is. He makes my MIL's life miserable by accusing her of having an affair with his friend. He keeps her up all night by constantly bringing up this subject. He cuts her down to the last notch & she's such a sweet lady & would NEVER cheat on him! We can't figure where his thoughts are coming from. Ever since his prostate cancer, he's been thinking like this. I wonder if it did something to his hormones, kind of like how we get PMS? Who knows what it could be. Well gals, as usual, I've typed way.... more than I expected I would. I'm getting quite nautious due to being so tired. So, goodnight everyone, I'm going to bed!

Last edited by Freckles : 05-05-2002 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-05-2002, 02:42 PM   #20

Default Confession:(

Ok everyone, Imma start it like this, I hope you all are op, and doing well, if so keep it u p!! As far as eating goes, yes I am op. but i havent worked out in 2 days, and if not today it will make 3 but imma do it today, no doubt) I wake up, and go ok today is ... and then before i know it , it is 10 pm, and no workout.. I was really angry about it yesterday. so as soon as I get off, tae bo is gonna be my first destination. I dont know what's up,,well my son is having it hard teething and thanks Spryng, got the motrin today, and will give him some i just hope tomorrow will be better for him, it really gets him down Sometimes he will eat, he drinks much better than eating (relief),, well imma do this, I have to , my arms feel like jello!!!cant let that happen,,

Latisia

Old 05-05-2002, 04:24 PM   #21

Hello Girls! I'm begining to enjoy my vacation alittle more... thank goodness. My parents are very difficult people but they are begining to lighten up alittle.
We had a little pool party today, I took the girls to the park and to visit my very fav Auntie. It was nice.

Jackie~ I'm with you. That size about blew my mind. Like I said, I'm going to try and maintain now and tone some flab up. I've had several comments of concern from family and friends since I have been home. I think it is just shock tho. You all know I have done this the healthy way.

T-girl~ don't sweat it, you'll get your motivation back in no time. I'm going thru the teething also. Motrin is a sanity saver! Hope it works as well for you.

Spryng~ hope you are enjoying your Dh's weekend and having some of this beautiful weather.

Well, I have to get a friend and I are going out tonight to celebrate cinco de mayo. Needless to say I won't be staying OP. I'm going to enjoy every minute of it too!!!
Old 05-06-2002, 01:04 AM   #22

hey all, and yes, the motrin i s great!! Thanks for the advice!! i am op, did tae bo and weight, then i was tired!! But i am feeling well!! Hope everyone is op!! talk to you later

Latisia

Old 05-06-2002, 05:10 AM   #23

Default BTW....

I did stay OP. I'm no fun after all!
Old 05-06-2002, 09:02 AM   #24
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
I am still alive...........and well......... in my usual state of turmoil! Another busy day on tap here........ (now do you see why I can't stand softball season?)
Actually, things have been going well, awfully busy but well.
So I'll count my blessings and stop there.
I wish I had time to respond to each of you and read all the posts- but that will have to wait until tonight. Hope you are all doing well and drinking lots of water!
Have a great day.
Ginny

Ok, and I did get my walk in this am...........hehehehe
Old 05-06-2002, 09:16 AM   #25
burned out bus driver

Ok, so I go and leave this post (the earlier one) and a whole bunch of other posts show up........so now I am hopelessly behind!!!!! I promise to read later. As a matter of fact I will print this out.. BTW- Jackie- as I skimmed(super fast) the posts, it was Patricia (losingforgood) who had the bambino.
Ginny
Old 05-06-2002, 12:34 PM   #26
hangin' in there...

Hey girls....

I am feeling much more balanced today... had a great weekend full of beautiful weather and quality family time. I'm back with the program today... breakfast-on-the-go was a couple of apple-cinnamon rice cakes and some fruit. Just finishing up lunch, a nice caesar salad (fat-free dressing) and a brown rice cake with a bit of peanut butter for protein. Gotta get going on some housework after I put the babe in for a nap, then working an 8-hour shift tonight. Not sure if I'll get any formal exercise time in, but between housework and work, I should be covered.

Misty, I'm glad you're having a nice time on your trip. I also have a difficult mother (dad has gone to difficult-parent heaven ), so I sympathize. But, sounds like you're making the best of it. And way to go on those junior jeans!!!

Spryng, hope you're enjoying the last half of your weekend today. I'm happy you're enjoying your new eating plan. I try to combine low-fat with low-cal... I don't really count fat grams, but just try to choose low-fat whenever possible.

Ginny, thanks for checking in! You sound harried!! Sending you some cyber (((((((HUGS)))))))... hope you can slow down soon and take some time for you.

Jackie, congrats on your half-pound! Hey, a half-pound lost is better than a half-pound gain, right?

Latisia, Spryng gave you some great advice on the Motrin. Motrin works best for fevers and teething pain, since Motrin is an anti-inflamatory... meaning it will help with the swelling caused by teething. For really terrible pain and/or high fevers, you can alternate Motrin and Tylenol, 3 hours apart. So, you could give Motrin at 8am, then Tylenol at 11am, then Motrin again at 2pm, and Tylenol at 5pm, etc. Spacing it that way means there is never less than 6 hours between doses of either Motrin or Tylenol. Does this make sense? This is the advice we give to all our ER patients, but you can check with your doc and I'm sure he/she will confirm. Also, happy to hear you got a workout in... you go, girl.

Sheila, how's the cat situation? Do you think you'll be able to keep them? Not sure if you take any allergy meds already... I know you've said you're asthmatic. You may want to ask your doc about Zyrtec... it is the only prescription antihistamine that covers seasonal allerigies and pet dander. It could be your ticket to keeping those kitties!

Well, hope I didn't miss anyone... time to drag the vac out and get to those floors! Oh, and despite the fact that my post sounds like one big commercial for drugs, I do NOT work for a pharmaceutical company!!! :LOL: Take care girls! Talk soon...

starting weight: 177lbs (9/8/03)
current weight: 161lbs (11/03/03)
Thanksgiving challenge: 156lbs
Old 05-06-2002, 12:39 PM   #27
hangin' in there...

I just re-read my previous post and thought of something.... Latisia, didn't you mention earlier that you're a nurse?? I realized this after I posted, and that you probably already know all that about the Motrin and Tylenol! Sorry... guess it was sorta like preaching to the choir!!!

Old 05-06-2002, 02:16 PM   #28

Hey all, how is your Monday coming along?? I am doing well, stayed OP, got my walk in , the motrin did very well, he is afebrile now( i had never had to use it before, he rarely spikes a temp, or had this bad of an affect from teething) we are going to take some pics, he love to do that!!

Jenny, no harm in giving me the advice, I actually lean more towards geriatric,/adult care, so I really appreciate everyone's advice. I did know about the motrin/tylenol schedule, but never had to use it on my son, because tylenol always seemed to nip it in the bud, til the last few day!! As soon as the motrin took effect, he was extra happy, because i know it brought down alot of the pain in his gums quicker than the tylenol!! I just was also so worried, my mind wasnt thinking about that. I thank all you ladies for your wonderful advice, it helps

I hope everyone is OP, doing well, and having a blast on this Monday!!

Latisia

Old 05-06-2002, 02:41 PM   #29

S/C/G: 174.8/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon all!!
yes the weather has been wonderful the past two days. Yesterday we went to my parents house and had a water fight with my dad, little sister (15), little brother (2) and my family. It was such a blast. Water guns, water baloons, running screaming, soaking wet!! I love summer!! I didn't stay OP very well yesterday but with all the running around I'm sure I worked alot of it off. Today I'm doing good so far. I had some fruit for breakfast and no clue what I'm having for lunch yet. Maybe some beans.
I'm glad to see that everyone else has done well this weekend. Misty, how long is your vacation? I'm glad it's getting better for you. And I'm also glad that I was some help with you and Latisia with the motrin. I just learned that this week myself when my kids were running their high fevers. Motrin broke it fast.
Jen, I'm so glad you are feeling better too. Remember that we are here for you no matter how you are feeling and congrats with staying OP. Are those rice cakes fat free?? They sound like a nice snack.
Well, it's almost time for me to lay the kids down for their naps and then either me or my DH has to run to the store for more FOOD!! Hopefully we go swimming or some thing later. That will be more exercise!! Talk to you later!!

5'3" Mother to 4

Just say NO to Gluten! Gluten free since 11/1/12

SW 178 CW 119 GW 110
Old 05-06-2002, 04:25 PM   #30
hangin' in there...

Spryng, yes the rice cakes are FAT FREE!!! I love them, and so do the kids. The apple cinnamon are only 50 cals each, so when I have a busy morning and don't have time for breakfast, I'll grab 3 and eat them on the go, and that's just a 150cal breakfast, no fat. The brown rice cakes are salted and 70 cals each... they're great for topping with natural peanut butter (not low-fat, I know, but "good" fat + protein) and all-fruit jelly (no fat).

Rice cakes come in all sorts of flavors (even chocolate) and most of them are fat-free. I keep a bag in the car and in my locker at work for when the "hungry horrors" hit.

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.