Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 11:37 AM   #16  
I'm on my way!

Just popping back in real quick to let you all know it wasnt' THAT bad...I lost 2 lbs. But mind you...I gained 4 lbs last week...so they say!!

I stopped to get a pair of shoes to wear for the wedding on the 18th and then popped into the grocery store to pick up a few things. I am going to make the lime pie for 3 pts a serving. Except mine is going to be lemon because they didn't have the sugar free lime jello. Its made with ff cool whip, yogurt, jello and the reduced fat graham cracker crust. You could do peach (do they have SF peach jello?), lemon, lime, strawberry!! I'll let you all know how it comes out...but for now I need to go get my baby boy from daycare.

I will be back again to post to you all...I promise I promise! Gotta clean the car out this afternoon while Andrew is napping because we are going to a funeral tomorrow. John's uncle passed this week. We just got him back up here about 4-5 weeks ago from FLorida...long story!

TTFN Michelle
Old 05-02-2002, 01:56 PM   #17  
I'm on my way!

Come out come out wherever you arrrrrrrrrre!!!

Kat are you having sweet dreams?? I should be taking a nap while Andrew is asleep on the couch again. He was up at midnite last night then like a bad alarm clock he was up at 445 ready to go again!! He is an early bird!!

Mary you had me rolling on the floor with the comment about your son! LOL I had an ex-husband that was worthless! I got rid of him after 19 years!! Thats hard to do with a child though!

Fluffy...I keep buying those weight watcher cookbooks each week so I am full of recipes!! I like to try something different so I don't feel deprived or get bored!! I just made that lemon chiffon pie...its in the fridge right now...it says to chill overnight or at least 2 hours...hope I can hold out that long!

Lucky that coleslaw is very filling. I had some for lunch! I find when I eat my fruits and veggies at each meal that I get full for a longer period of time. Must be the fiber!!

Malia...OUCH! That IS a nightmare! Sorry you had to experience that!

Whoa...Tina!! What a cutie...have you taken a bath with that one yet??

Thin that expo sounds like fun! I wanna go too!! After awhile I get sick of the clutter and start throwing stuff out that has been hanging around for a long long time! If I haven't touched it or looked for it or needed it in a long time then out it goes! Kinda like the ex-husband!! LOL

Theresa....glad you feel better about the job! If you are happy there then you stay put and do what you have to do! Let the unhappy people leave!!

2Cute I am for Wacky Wednesday too! We need to shake ourselves up once in a while to keep us on our toes! So...what do you all say? Wacky Wednesday or what??

Ok so its roll call time...Susie, Andria, Jen, Baylee and whoever else is managing to avoid my mind right now...where are you all ?

I need to clean out the car..better do it while the boy is still asleep...I'll catch you all later...bye for now!

Michelle

Last edited by MichelleK; 05-02-2002 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:28 PM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! The expo was really nice. My friend and I had a wonderful time. There were tones of cool company sponsors. Make up and fitness companies, clothing boutiques and health booths of every kind. There was no grocery sponsor this year so there were not alot of food samples. Actually, that's pretty ok with me. They were very long lines to wait in and alot of extra calories that I don't need right now.

We stopped at a great little place on the way home for lunch. I had a huge grilled chicken salad with FF Raspberry Vinegarette. It was delicious! Honey is on his way home and he's taking me out for dinner.....somewhere........it's a surprise. We will actually be having some 'alone' time for a change because my oldest, who commutes to college and lives at home, is taking a Spring and Summer semester this year and will be gone 4, count them, 4 nights a week! This could be FUN!!!!

As for the Wednesday thing, I don't really care. If folks need it to stay Weigh In Wednesday so they have some accountability, that's cool with me.

Tina: Why did you have to mention the 911 call? I cannot get that picture out of my head! Of course that one and the one of 2cute flashing her boobs at the insurance guy! There have been a whole lot of funny pictures floating around here lately!!!!

Malia: You poor thing and your teeth! [[[hugs]]] I'm not into people digging in my mouth either, but I do have a cleaning scheduled in the morning.

LuckyLadyBug: I know that party for your dad is going to turn out GREAT!!! Isn't it fun to be the only 'worker bee'???

FluffyEwe: Gosh, I'm sorry you're so far from your kids and grandkids. That must be really tough! [[[hugs]]] Grand Rapids is such a beautiful city. I've been to conferences there several times. I really love staying at the Amway Grand. * I hear you on the vicious circle of knees and exercise. It's really tough. Do you take anything for your knees. I've found some relief from Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplements. I had to play with the amounts until I was taking enough to work well, but I've finally got it pretty much under control. * On water, I have had the same problem. I still don't drink 'plain' water much other than when I'm out to dinner. But I do drink a ton of the Sam's Choice flavored water. It is carbonated though and some people don't like that, but it's better than plain water to me. I also have tried Fruit 2 O which is not carbonated but just lightly flavored with fruit. Both of them are calorie and caffeine free so they do count as drinking water. Just a thought.....

Mary: Oh, it's good to know that the Morningstar Patties are better. I won't ever buy the links again. They taste worse than dog food......not that I know what dog food tastes like!

Katrina: I know that 'never catch up' feeling too. Sometimes I check in and don't think I'll write, but when I come back later I'm really overwhelmed!!! Hope you take time to smell the roses.

Michelle: "touched it.....looked for it......needed it"=ex-husband - that's precious!

2cute: Guess you made it out of town. Hope you're having a good trip.

Jen: Where are ya, hun??? Come on out, your friends are waiting for you.

Well girls, I'm gonna run. DH should be walking in any minute and #1 son is gone for the night.....what more could a girl ask for????? See ya all later.

"The only good teachers for you are those friends who love you, who think you are interesting or very important, or wonderfully funny." - Brenda Ueland

Last edited by thinthinker; 05-02-2002 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-02-2002, 06:36 PM   #19  
I'm on my way!

{{{{{{{{{{HELLOOOOOOO }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Its very very lonely in here today!!!

I am just gonna give you a recipe I tried tonight...OMG is it soooo good! Just like you would get in a restaurant and you wouldn't even know it was low fat! It is so rich and creamy! And if you are a comfort food person then this is for you for sure!

Shrimp and Feta Rigatoni

2 cups of cooked rigatoni pasta(or other large pasta) I used ziti
1 T.margerine
1 cup skim milk
2 T flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (garlic & herb flavored) I used plain
1 lb peeled shrimp
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 finely shredded fresh basil

Cook and drain pasta. While pasta is cooking mince your garlic and put in nonstick skillet sprayed well with cooking spray. Set aside. Melt margerine in a large saucepan over med. heat. Whisk together milk, flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir into the melted margerine. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly and boil about 1 minute (keep stirring). Stir in feta cheese and set aside. Cook shrimp and garlic in skillet over medium heat about 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Combine pasta and shrimp into sauce and stir. Stir in fresh basil.

Serves 4: 6 pts per serving.

This is so filling> I tried to eat more but couldn't get more than 2 more bites in over my 1 serving and I had nothing with it except something to drink!

Enjoy.

We are in the middle of tornado watches until 9 pm tonight and it is thundering and lightening and raining now! Scary! I hate the loud noise and the light shows!! Can't wait for John to get home!! Me chicken!! LOL

Have a good night you all....don't know if I will make it back tonight!

Michelle
Old 05-02-2002, 09:25 PM   #20  

Hi Everyone

I just finished filling out my evaluation papers,,,and I'm taking everyone's advice, and going to stay put where I am!! Today was a GR8 day at work!! I am so proud of the company I work for! Our CEO called everyone into a meeting to share our results of the big ADP meeting (is an organization for independent yellowpage pulishers,,,kind of like the Oscars!!) We walked away with 7 Gold Book Awards!!! I was so proud to be a part of those books!! The only thing he announced that is un-nerving is he is trying to purchase another company in Utah, that would give us 6 more books.....in other words... more work!! Hey, that should keep me out of trouble though huh? ha ha I'll let you all know how my evaluation with the VP turns out, I don't know if I will get it tomorrow, or one day next week,,,,,but you girls will be the first to know!!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Fluffy Ewe----WELCOME!!! Sweetie, I understand having trouble getting the water down. This time of year I like to put a slice of lemon in my water. Makes it a little easier. I did really good today, I actually had drank my 8 glasses of water before noon! Believe me, it usually takes me alllll day!! Don't pressure yourself on the exercise...remember...baby steps...they will get you there! Just do what feels good...and as you continue, it will get easier!! I use yahoo messenger, and ICQ...would love to chat with you sometime!!

Tina-I am in total agreement with you on Tony Stewart taking the next Winston Cup!!! I don't keep up with Nascar, but there are several girls at work that are absolutely anal about their racing..and that's what I hear...Tony Stewart is the man!!! ( I do have to agree....he is one NICE looking man!! )

Malia-Hope the mouth pain eases soon!!! I think that ranks right up with ear aches!! Don't beat yourself up over not exercising today sweetie...you have been so good about it (A LOT better than I have!!) You deserve a break, and when you don't feel good,,,what better time to take that break? It is a nice fringe benefit when you have nice looking men in and out of the office isn't it!! I know I never complain when a select few sales reps walk through!! ha ha

Lucky-I know the feeling on trying to catch up!! Amazing how behind we can get in just a day with all of us "yakking" huh? Have fun celebrating your dad's birthday!!! We'll be anxious to hear how everything went!!! Just remember we might not be right next to you...BUT...we are all with you in spirit!!

Michelle-CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lbs gone!! Thank you for all the wonderful recipes!!! I don't have any good low fat recipes..but thanks to you...I'm getting some!! I have a few dessert recipes that I've transformed into low fat recipes on my own, and it's funny that nobody can ever tell the difference!!! One of them is a yummy lemonade pie....It's so easy to make and everyone will swear you worked all day on it!! I'll share the recipe when I have a little more time!! How's that angel of yours? I sometimes miss my sons younger days....I used to think when people would tell me to enjoy them now because they grow fast, that they were crazy....now that he is 13 I KNOW they were telling me the truth!!!

Thin-That expo sounds like it was a lot of fun!!! Some "alone" time with the hubby huh? Going to have some "shower time" (I don't think we'll let Tina live that down will we? ha ha) Enjoy your time with dh....

Ok, girls, If I have missed anyone, believe me it was not intentional!!! I have the dinner dishes calling my name, and since tomorrow is Friday,,,,,I'm going to get them done up so I can go get my fingernails done tomorrow!!! Who knows? I might even go for a pedicure too....

Have a GR8 night and I will check in on everyone tomorrow

Theresa
Old 05-02-2002, 09:38 PM   #21  
a work in progress...

Howdy!

I guess we're in the same weather pattern, Michelle...they have been saying the same thing here all day...we've had thunder & lightening for the past hour and then, just before 9:00, the heavens opened up and poured on down! I have not had the chance to cut the grass, what with all this rain lately...I'd like to get it done before tomorrow night for ...prom pictures!

I didn't have the heart to take away prom night...She is so excited and so am I! We were shopping before, chatting with a salesgirl, and I happened to say something about"we're going" or "our prom" ...my daughter looked at me quizzically and said, "OUR?" Yeah, that's right...I'm living vicariously through her! She had her manicure and pedicure tonight, hair up-do tomorrow...I ordered the buttoniere, (sp?) a gardenia...picked up film...took her for a tanning session...oh yeah, she owes me big time! But it's fun. I lnow she appreciates everything...I get such satisfaction from our closeness...I never had anything even remotely close with my mother...not that she was abusive or mean...not at all...just not warm, and not at all interested in anything I was doing. I'm not feeling sorry for myself, I'm long past that...I feel sorry for her though...she missed out on a helluva good daughter! i'm tempted to delete all that, but it came from the heart, so there it will stay.

Oh! Time's up, kat...same time next week?

Hey maybe we can make Thursday...Therapy Thursday!

I'm off...need to hustle a little (well, not so little) boy off to bed now...followed by me! Nighty night in my beddy-bye tonight for me! Heaven!

Hi to everyone...love to all...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 05-02-2002 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2002, 10:07 PM   #22  

Kat I love Therapy Thursday because I sure could use it.

I have been thinking since cleaning out my closets that I have lost my "style". You know how you can see an outfit and know someone that would wear that? Well, since gaining weight I somehow lost mine. Nothing in my closet is my style. I have decided I have to change this. I will not buy anything that doesn't fall into what I consider my style of clothes. I never wear it or feel uncomfortable in it anyway so why waste the money.

You all seem to be doing good.

Yellow it sounds like your job situation is clearing itself up. Keep us posted.

It's late and I haven't eaten yet....Sure glad you are here!
Old 05-02-2002, 11:59 PM   #23  
Progress..not perfection

Default Hey guys!

Whatcha up to? Not much here..............thought I'd hope in real quick before I hit the old sack. Tomorrow is my last day and then I am off! I can't wait! Today has been pretty good. We did go out to eat tonight, but I was very good.......We went to a Chinese buffet, so I pigged out on the veggies. I chose grilled instead of fried meats and had no chinese noodles with my wonton soup. Aren't I a good girl? The weather around here is very crappy today. It was really muggy and hot this morning and now it's storming. I'm going to try and hurry and finish this post before before my lights go out! !

Lucky: That's what I need to do....clean out the closet. I have stuff in there with the tags still on them and stuff that is way out of style.

Kat: You are so precious. I'm so glad your having a good time with your daughter. Don't get me wrong.....I love my boys and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world........but I always wanted a girl. I'm sure you will treasure the time you spend together for years to come!

Theresa: So glad everything is going well on the job. I'm so proud of you. You go girl!

Michelle: You and those recipes. You are a walking cookbook! Do you get all those recipes from the WW cookbooks they sell at the meetings? The large paperback ones?

TT: So glad you had a nice day at the Expo. Sounded really fun. So, some "alone" time for you and honey, huh? Need to borrow the soap?

Mary: Keep your head up. Things will get better. I will say a prayer for you and your son.

Fluffy: So glad to see you here. So many times people come and stay for awhile and then fade away and we miss them. Post and post often.....you will find a family here and a home away from home, like I have. Also, with the exercise thing.....try the "Walk Away the Pounds" videos by Leslie Sansone. They are the best. Very low impact and easy to do.

Malia: So sorry about your teeth. I am very sensitive about my teeth and I hate it when I have trouble with them. Hope you and your mouth feel better soon.

Well, I am out of here for now......................Baylee! Where are you? Come out and play! 2cute: Where are you girl? Hope your feeling ok. I love all you guys.

Also, I'm going to try to attach a picture of Tony. This is at his personal appearance in Hiram, Ga. when we met him about 2 weeks ago. This is the picture of him talking to my dh right before I got to him. Did I mention I completely froze up and didn't even speak to him? That I just walked up there and took my book he signed and walked away with my head down? AND HAVE BEEN KICKING MYSELF EVER SINCE! Tell me girls......look at that face..........what would you have done?
Old 05-03-2002, 03:27 AM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking LOL ... LOL .... LOL

Tina, Tina, Tina.... You are sooo cute.!!!
I just love reading about you and Tony. I am afraid I have been hiding under that rock you were talking about. I have NO IDEA who this Tony dude is... but I sure am enjoying your "relationship" with him. I guess that is "lack of one" ... since you couldn't even look at him or talk to him.
He is a cutie... but a little too baby face for me. LOL
Give me the rough and rugged ones. LOL

I had no intention of posting tonight since it is nearly 2am and I am babysitting all three grandkids for the next 3 days.
I sure hope my back holds up. My dear DH usually would be very helpful.. but he is in worse shape than me.
I would cancel on it... but it is a business trip for my son and he cannot cancel. His wife could stay home... but I hate to do that to them. When you have 3 kids you don't get much time alone.
Hey Thin... can they borrow your jacuzzi tub toys for two?
Or maybe Tina's bubbles from her bath ... seeing how she will be in the shower with "you know who". LOL
Anyway... I am babysitting... and praying that I get a few minutes alone to come here and at least read.

But... since I CAN'T seem to JUST READ without replying...LOL ... here I go.
and here I am back....LOL
My post has too many smilies... so instead of rewriting... I am dividing it into two..maybe three.
To be continued......

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-03-2002 at 03:53 AM.
Old 05-03-2002, 03:29 AM   #25  

Talking The saga continues... Chapter 2

Luckylady..Do you want me to post the left or right boob?? LOL
Do you want the frontal or wide angle photo?
He needed a "panaramic" camera to get my belly. LOL

Malia.. I have only one word for you and your dental experiences.
OUCH !!!!!!!!

Thin.... we have those here at our expo too. I have never been. It sounds like fun... but I worry about my knees walking that long.
My trip to my parents went well. I always feel sooo guilty leaving my dad. He is sooooo desperate to go home. He is sooo lonely too. Mom was not doing very well today. I had to go get her a new perscription filled to try and help her breathe.

Theresa... you sound so "UP" and "positive" again.
If we can just remember to relax.... our problems usually take care of themselves. Keep us posted.

Mary.... you are going to be rolling in dough soon lady. All those hours working .. Plus getting paid. You are such a dear to do all that volunteer work... I am glad you also get to reap some rewards too sometimes.

Michelle.... driving today went very well. It was mainly all divided highway so that helped a lot. After that couch falling off that truck and hitting us going 60-70mph and then this last wreck.... I wondered how much was true to that saying .. "third time is the charm" LOL

Fluffy.. you were soooo cute with your thankful thursday of "training from x" LOL .... We can always find something positive about every bad situation. LOL
I also have knees that are really really bad. I had my knees x-rayed after this accident... and I have bone on bone. There is no cartlidge or whatever it is "suppose" to be between the bones.
Swimming is best... but I KNOW how HARD that is to do when we are of the larger sizes. It hurts my knees to even ride a stationery bike. They have videos designed for exercises sitting down. I just convert regular ones on my own... when I do them... which I haven't in a longggg time. Also.. you might want to try weight training.
And last but not least.... Accountablity .... that is a good thought. I like that.
But... I also try not to weigh but once a month because weight flucuates sooo much for no reason and I get so discouraged if I weigh too often. I like to see a loss EVERYTIME I step on a scale. LOL ...so the safest way to assure that is to weigh only once a month. LOL.

And speaking of weighing... I did weigh while in Missouri.
Since 2 weeks ago.... I have lost 6lbs !!!! That is GREAT.. but as someone else mentioned... it is part of what I had gained back. That does NOT deminish my accomplishment... and I am very HAPPY with my success... I just want to be honest and share I gained it back and had to relose it AGAIN. Those baby steps are adding up to a giant leap. LOL

OH MY GOD !!!!!
I just got the pee scared out of me !!!!
I have been writing all of this longgggggg post....
and I forgot to copy as I went. LOL
Whew....am I glad I remembered !!!!
I truly would DIE if I lost this post.

Kat... I haven't forgotten you.
I am enjoying your daughters prom right along with you.
I think you definitely did the right thing allowing her to go and enjoying the whole event with her. She sounds like a GREAT kid. We have ALL done things we wished we could take back.

Okay.. if I missed you... it was DEFINITELY by mistake.
I have painstakinly tried to cover EVERYONE who posted on this thread. But since I have been writing on this thread for now what seems to be 2 hours....LOL ... it is probably the next thread and I don't even know it. LOL

For someone who wasn't going write at all... and be in bed by midnight.... I wrote a lot. Gee.... was I gabby or what.
Love you all... I bet this won't take it all in one post.
Let't try it and see.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-03-2002 at 04:09 AM.
Old 05-03-2002, 03:56 AM   #26  

Hi everyone,

It's great to read about your being in such positive spirits. I needed that. I'm in pain. Two days and the nagging ache is still there. I left a message with the dentist, but no one called back. I managed to do sweat and shout first thing this morning. Remembering to tuck in my stomach to support my back. I did good. Pounding gums and twinge in the back. It was a good workout. Eating wise--it was "mama" all the way. Comfort foods. I need a pacifier.

Another great thing about reading your posts. You make me laugh. Keep up the good work. Therapy Thursday.

Malia
Old 05-03-2002, 05:09 AM   #27  

Wink Me again

Hello again.... it is now almost 4am and I am still on this darn computer.
But... I had a light bulb moment and I want to share with you.
It better not knock me off line. LOL

Some of you know and some don't that I also post in another site besides 3fc. I owe this string of 11 days to some posters in this other site. Nothing against us here... I consider this my HOME... and I only visit there.... but what they said REALLY influenced me.

First it was only a few who said it.
Then a woman posted she was "afraid" to say it because she didn't want to offend anyone or sound snobbish.
But I kept hearing it over and over from those who were "consistently losing".
It was 3 "magic words"

I DON'T CHEAT

What a concept !!!!
"I don't cheat"....WOW
Anyway... I just wanted to share it with you too.

It is not said in past tense... "I don't cheat anymore"
It is not said in the future tense... "I am not going to cheat "
It is said in the PRESENT tense... "I don't cheat"

I have been using that phrase for 11 days now.
"I don't cheat."

I cannot tell you enough how much that is helping my program.
Cheating had just become a way of life.
NOT ANYMORE !!!
Newcomers, oldtimers, lurkers...
IT REALLY is wonderful when you DON'T CHEAT.

They never told me I shouldn't or couldn't cheat.
They always support me or anyone else who did.
They only said... "I don't cheat"
And they are still saying it.
Well ladies... I don't know if that will help anyone or not.
I only know that I ask God everyday to help me to lose this weight so I can help others.... and that is what has helped me stay on program for 11 days.... Those 3 magic words....
"I don't cheat"
Old 05-03-2002, 06:00 AM   #28  

2cute, you're absolutely right.

Who are you cheating, if you cheat? Yourself. The worse kind of betrayal. We ask others to support us and stop sabotage. It's time to stop self-sabotage and love ourselves.

Fidelity,
Malia
Old 05-03-2002, 07:38 AM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

Good Morning fellow chickies:
I have to get moving and get ready for work. I work 9-5 today.
It is hot and muggy here in Mississippi..
What is everyone up to?
well I better run and catch a shower and eat I'll be back tonight,
Old 05-03-2002, 07:49 AM   #30  

I have to get to work but had to quick stop and agree. Thanks for sharing your "cheating" post 2Cute . Of course for me I need to find a plan to "not" cheat on!!!! I do watch what I eat but, if you remember, I am the queen of hating journaling. So, how accountable am I?????? Great, now I will have to think about this all day!!!!! (thanks, 2Cute)

And Malia
Quote:
Who are you cheating, if you cheat? Yourself. The worse kind of betrayal. We ask others to support us and stop sabotage. It's time to stop self-sabotage and love ourselves.
So true!!!!

Gotta go so I won't be late...
Closed Thread