Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 AM   #1  
Kassie

S/C/G: SW-178 CW-172 GW-115

Height: 5'2

Smile This is my first real diet....

Hey everyone I am new just to let you know. I have struggled with a weight problem my entire life. I have always been just a little bit bigger than everyone else. I have never had anyone make fun of me for my weight but I always knew I was big. So what has finally gotten into me that I have decided to lose weight??? Its my boyfriend. I know you are never supposed to lose weight for someone else and i'm not... just stay with me. I need to know is anyone dating someone that is bigger than they are? My boyfriend is so tiny. He is 5'9 and 135lbs. Me on the other hand I am 5'2 170. Now grant it I have a huge.. shelf... it doesn't make up for the added lbs everywhere else. I am so self conscience about it. He does not care but is being very supportive of my weight loss goals. I started exactly a week ago. I have since lost about 7lbs. Today would make it a week that I have stuck to my diet. I know who is insane enough to diet during Christmas hehe. Well Please guys just wish me luck. I cannot wait to be skinny... and just to be healthy. Also I have just quit smoking a month ago.... not making it any easier to lose the weight.
kaskas67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

Welcome, you are off to a really good start, losing weight while quitting smoking is a big challenge. Keep us posted on your progress, good luck.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:17 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I don't think you're insane at all to start a "diet" during the holidays. When you're talking about your good health- both physical and mental - could there be any better time to start then RIGHT NOW? This very minute? What better holiday gift to give oneself then the gift of good health?

I just want to caution you about the word "diet". Try to think of it as if you've decided to start taking better care of yourself. Try to think of it as that from now on you will make your health a number one priority. Try to think of it as now you are going to make healthier choices. No diet that you're "on". No "diet" that starts - and then stops, just healthier eating that continues - a lifestyle change.

And yes, do this for yourself. Because you know you can be more comfortable in your own skin. Because you want to have the very best life possible. Because you want to be the very best YOU that YOU can be.

I commend you for tackling two very difficult issues at once. All the best to you. You most certainly CAN do this.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!

Wow, quitting smoking and losing weight.. and during the holidays, no less! I'm impressed. Rockinrobin is right, the best time to start is always "immediately." And if you can make it through the holidays while making smart food choices, the rest of the year might seem easy!

When I started dating my boyfriend, I was a bit overweight and flabby (5'2" and 150 lbs) and he was working out all the time and was super fit and muscular (5'11" and 190 pounds with super low body fat %). Yup, I felt a little awkward sometimes, but he didn't care what I weighed.

Anyway, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your progress, sounds like you're doing great so far.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:30 PM   #5  
Kassie

S/C/G: SW-178 CW-172 GW-115

Height: 5'2

I am definitely going to posting alot guys!!! I love this site and you guys are so inspirational... to see that so many people have succeeded is amazing!!!!!!
kaskas67 is offline   Reply With Quote