Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #46  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Add me to the always-freezing column... a year ago I had no problem handing the cold New England winter, and on occasion even substituted a hoodie for an actual coat. Nowadays, even when I bundle up tight (two shirts, thick sweatshirt, knee-length down coat, scarf, hat, gloves, etc.) I'm cold even before I leave my apartment. My space heater and electric blanket have become my closest friends. I had no idea it would be this bad!

Ditto for dropping shoe sizes, weird...

Also, nobody ever told me that I would lose weight in "pockets" rather than gradually shrink all over.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

Lol I was at my worst sometime last year where I'd drink a whole 2 liter of mountain dew a day, yikes! Since I'm diabetic my blood sugar would spike and I'd be sweating in 60 degree weather. Now I'm freezing! So I feel you guys there.

My biggest surprise I guess was just...how easy it is to do now that I've started. Nothing goes into my shopping cart unless I read the lable, and we VERY RARELY go out to eat anymore when we used to always go out. And I'm saving about 60 bucks a week.

And I love working out. I don't know when that happened at all...
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #48  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

This is such a great thread! All of these things are soooo true, too. I wish someone had told me about them before I started--especially the cold thing! I am ALWAYS freezing now, hehe.

Another thing--no one told me about fluctuations, or that the typical "1.5 lb/wk" model is NOT the same for everyone. I've had weeks where I've lost as much as 6 lbs, usually in a typical OP week I'll lose about 3 lbs, and there have been at least a couple weeks where I haven't lost anything at all! And no one told me that I could actually lose weight this quickly... I was sure that it would take me at least a year to get to this point!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:44 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

No one told me that my very good, almost 15 year marriage was going to get even better. I swear, now that both of us have lost over 40 pounds each, we keep eyeing each other like a couple of teenagers...and with three kids in the house, we have gotten very creative.

Last edited by Schumeany; 12-14-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #50  
Meg

Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:02 PM   #51  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumeany View Post
No one told me that my very good, almost 15 year marriage was going to get even better. I swear, now that both of us have lost over 40 pounds each, we keep eyeing each other like a couple of teenagers...and with three kids in the house, we have gotten very creative.
So true! I've got three not so little kids in the house. Sometimes that makes is even MORE difficult.

Hubby is beyond, beyond, BEYOND thrilled with the new and ummm, shall we say slighter version of me. I gotta tell you though- I'm am for sure feeling more - feminine - and sex-ier then ever. And DH doesn't mind one little bit.

If only they wouldv'e told me. If only they wouldv'e told me.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #52  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

yes, indeed, my stomach has shrunk. I thought having these smaller servings would mean hunger for life. Now, I feel stuffed much sooner, and prefer to feel just sated, not full. It takes so much less to get there.
Looking forward to feeling cold again.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #53  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenguin View Post
I didn't know that it would take so long for my self-image to catch up with my weight loss. I still look in the mirror sometimes and am surprised at the thinner face looking back at me.
This was far and away the biggest shock to me. I thought I would just cruise through this experience relatively unscathed, but I was shocked to discover that I lost weight, but my brain did not.

Last spring I was working on a film set and caught myself on film during post production. The cameras we used were super high definition and picked up every little flaw. When I saw myself, 4 years after entering this journey, I realized that this was the first time I didn't flinch- I didn't expect to see someone who was fat or thin. For the first time I just saw me.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #54  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Add me to the always cold group. And I was the person telling other people they had no blood because I was always hot!

I'm not big boned! I thought I was, just like everyone else in my family.

I need a pillow to take a bath. that tub is HARD! Sitting on anything hard is actually unpleasant.

I can cross my legs! Speaking of that - pants don't automatically wear out in the inner thighs first.

As others have said - exercise is addictive and I really miss it when I skip a day. Really!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #55  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

BUMP!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:48 AM   #56  
EACH DAY A NEW BEGINNING!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!! I know this isn't what you started looking for,,,But wanted to let you all know how inspireing it is to read your posts!!! Thanks!!! I needed that this morning....Pat
tryingitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #57  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

As I was sitting here reading this thread just now, I got an email from my mom. When I first started Weight Watchers in mid-September she was very supportive, she has about 5 lbs that she wants to lose herself (we live on opposite sides of the country). Now that I'm plugging on along and have lost 30 lbs (something I'm very proud of), her only response is "don't lose too much weight, I'm worried you're going to lose too much".

I feel like a lot of my family (not my DH, he's great) are supportive of the idea of me losing weight, but not so supportive of it really happening.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:42 PM   #58  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

They don't tell you that "strong" becomes such a wonderful compliment. Honestly, I get more of a rush being called "strong" than "pretty" or even "sexy".
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #59  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

You know, I had been realizing that I'm colder this winter than I normally have been. But also I thought that it was just a colder-than-average winter, because my husband has been really cold all the time too. But, DUH, he has also lost about 50 pounds along with me this year! No wonder he's cold too!
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #60  
Made of Starstuff

These may have been mentioned... but.

What no one told me:

- That I'd like exercising. That I'd look forward to my time on the treadmill.

- That I'd find sweet things to be satisfying in smaller portions. I no longer want to eat an entire cake... way too sweet!

- That focusing on the food when I'm eating it makes the food tastier & more satisfying.

- THAT I CAN FEEL FULL FAST! My stomach must've shrunk... I didn't realize that I'd begin to feel signs of fullness much faster. I thought I'd just constantly be starving.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote