first week

• 7 pounds the first week!!! is this normal? I am absolutely thrilled!!! It's actually working!!!
  • SOOOO normal and SOOO wonderful!!! Good for you. Yes. STICKING with a healthy eating plan works. It really, really works.

You gotta love those first week losses. Although they're likely to never be repeated again, lots of needed water weight gone - I say enjoy it and let it propel you to keep on going and going and going......
  • Not unusual at your start weight! Good for you! Some of it is water adjustment, but hey, that's a good thing. Every week probably won't be like that, but enjoy the results! Keep on going!

Jay
  • yay
  • kernflower, you are rocking it..and yep, it works!
  • Congrats!
  • Congrats that is awesome!!
  • Congratulations on the weight loss that is good work. Yes that is normal in the first few weeks that you lose big amounts like that, I know I did. Though you will find it will settle down to be the normal 1lb-2lbs a week which is still a good and health amount to be losing.
  • Well, for one thing, congrats for getting past the first week, as it usually just becomes ever so slightly easier after that point. And yes, like everyone has said, huge losses on the first week are normal (and awesome).