3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Odd Shaped Body.........? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/158219-odd-shaped-body.html)

luvja 12-09-2008 02:40 PM

Odd Shaped Body.........?

I REALLY hate my body shape......really really REALLY much. Would you say I am apple shaped? I feel like I'm losing weight on the bottom but not the top so much. My friend and I were just goofing with the camera after working out... and when I seen these pictures of my body I wanted to die. :(

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...6/IMG_3979.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...6/IMG_3995.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...6/IMG_3978.jpg

grneyedmustang 12-09-2008 02:41 PM

Yep, I'd say you're an apple. But you're not alone. My stomach is taking it's SLOW SWEET time to go away.

PrettyPaula 12-09-2008 02:41 PM

yeh u are deffo an apple shape, exactly the same as my mother. it will even out eventually, the same as me with my artificially enhanced hourglass (im really a pear with fake boobs!) i lose on my lower abs and hips last and i hate it.

Extasee58865 12-09-2008 02:55 PM

Def an apple. But I think you might *think* you're bigger on top then you are just cause you have those ENORMOUS things there! :-) Be happy you got those, even at my highest weight the biggest mine ever got was a B cup... :-(

luvja 12-09-2008 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extasee58865 (Post 2488978)
Def an apple. But I think you might *think* you're bigger on top then you are just cause you have those ENORMOUS things there! :-) Be happy you got those, even at my highest weight the biggest mine ever got was a B cup... :-(

Haha no no, mine aren't really that big. the bra is just padded and makes them look bigger. Gotta love padded bra's! I actually don't have big boobs at all. They say I'm a C, but I think I'm more B-ish.

JulieJ08 12-09-2008 03:00 PM

I'd agree you're an apple. I think you look great. Women come in many shapes and men go for all of them.

luvja 12-09-2008 03:04 PM

Thanks ladies... I really just want hips :( My best friend is an hour glassy/pear and I secretly envy her body..... Shhhh! ;)

JulieJ08 12-09-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvja (Post 2488996)
Thanks ladies... I really just want hips :( My best friend is an hour glassy/pear and I secretly envy her body..... Shhhh! ;)

LOL. Look at it this way. You'll fit into a way smaller size of jeans at any given weight. I just posted on another thread. The OP weighs 196 and just got into a size 10. Same height as me. At 197 I wore a size 18!. I just barely got into 10s around 149 pounds.

kelly315 12-09-2008 03:44 PM

aw, I hope our other thread about apples and pears hasn't made you think poorly of yourself. I would kill to know what it's like to be long and leggy, and its a lot easier for apples than pears.
Anyway, I don't think you have an odd shaped body at all. Your tummy's a lot smaller than you describe, and you have a big bust and lean legs, I think you look great !
I think everyone with weight issues comes to hate their shape, but don't let it get you down. You've lost a lot of weight and you're doing awesome.

luvja 12-09-2008 03:48 PM

Thanks Kelly, YOUR awesome. :)

Extasee58865 12-09-2008 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieJ08 (Post 2489035)
LOL. Look at it this way. You'll fit into a way smaller size of jeans at any given weight. I just posted on another thread. The OP weighs 196 and just got into a size 10. Same height as me. At 197 I wore a size 18!. I just barely got into 10s around 149 pounds.

This is so true... When I was at my smallest (140) I still wore a size 13 pants... Check out this pic... I don't think I was fat, but I was still a size 13 because of my hips.... I set my goal weight of 140 based on this pic, I think I was pretty hot! I don't want to be too thin, I still want a little meat ya know... :hug:

Attachment 30989

etherence 12-09-2008 04:07 PM

I can totally relate to you. At my heaviest weight, my boobs and stomach were the same measurement. :(. But now that I am starting to lose weight, my boobs are shrinking first and my stomach is staying the same! Argh! I hate that but I must press on. It just sucks because then it just makes my stomach look bigger than it is!

horsey 12-09-2008 04:25 PM

biggest trick as I have this body shape too, is darker colors on top NOT on bottom. So you want the black tee on top and make it a "v" instead of what you have on. Since you have long legs you can wear lighter colors on the bottom. I too am 5'9 and gain all weight in my tummy and upper body. I wear a minimizing bra by Olga that helps shrink the top part a bit. I also am the queen of wearing blazers and vests, usually too dark on the top - often with a tee inside but best if it's darker too like maroon or a darker teal. Navy also works well. You can show off long legs with shorts and skirts again keeping the tops darker. When I've lost weight before too I lose in my lower body first it seems. If you want to balance your body more, when you do weight training do this - do as big of weights as you can on the lower body as you want to build muscle, and on the upper body do lighter weights with more reps. To get rid of the tummy fat, it's a matter of LOTS of cardio and also for the apple shape, a higher protein lower carb diet - we apples tend to gain the belly fat quick if we eat junk food and too many carbs. There's some dieting and exercise books and articles out there for various body shapes but for now if you get pictures taken - at least reverse what you wear - the bright blue would be in the pants and the black would be the shirt, that alone will make a huge difference! And if you want to practice your posture - pull in your stomach and boobs and carry your shoulders back a bit more...

Horo 12-09-2008 04:27 PM

Don't be upset, both the apple and the pear shape have their annoyances. :p

horsey 12-09-2008 04:32 PM

Also with your pants you can wear boot cut or wider leg jeans, that helps balance out the larger top half, and when you wear skirts/if you do, do A line skirts, same idea, wider at the bottom to balance out. This body shape isn't as "odd" as you might think, you just learn to show off your GREAT LEGS with cool jeans, pants and skirts and disguise your top half. Another note on your top half, try not to wear prints, always darker colors - navy, maroon, black - with as little detail as possible, clean lines. Small lapels on blazers with a longer v to slenderize. If you wear sweaters no crew cuts, same with tops like the one you have on, always V necks. I have this down to a science - and didn't need to when I was at 5'9 and a size 10 or so - not as much anyways, although I still skinnier had the big shoulders so kept all simple on top.