Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 05:52 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#173

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!
Old 05-26-2002, 06:13 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just a quickie as I am in between theatre visits. I'll give you the quick movie critic version as I still have not been able to read all I missed. I printed it all out though and I think I'll take it with me to read in the car (so I don't have to pay attention to DH's driving! )

Insomnia was pretty good. Standard 'who done' it, except you knew from the beginning that it was Robin Williams so no mystery there.

I missed 1/2 of Star Wars. Just wasn't interested so I ran out and did my counts and the guys stayed and saw the movie. They seemed to like it. Personally, I hate anything that's not in chronological order and since this is covering stuff that happened leading up to the original Star Wars trillogy, it really doesn't matter to me. Maybe someday when they're all on video, I'll do them in the right order and 'get it'.

Today I stayed and saw Enough with Jennifer Lopez. It was hard to see Billy Campbell as a bad guy. I really liked him in Once and Again on TV. I really liked the movie. It was good, but there sure weren't alot of patrons. They moved it from yesterday, it was in a huge auditorium, and today it was in a dinky one. I guess it's not doing that well.

Well, girls, I need to run a laundry before I head back out. Take care of yourselves. Love to all.

Happy Memorial Day!
Old 05-26-2002, 11:03 PM   #3  

9:45PM and I just got back from my graduations today. At the last one my cousin that is getting married this coming Saturday talked my ear off and then I got hmmmm I guess miffed is a good word.

First of all, I am 51 and even people I haven't seen since I was a toddler recognize me...It's just always been that way. So today at my cousins an old "friend" was there. When I first walked in the room I thought "I should know him" (I haven't seen him in 32 years) but got to talking to someone and didn't think much more of it. I noticed he watched me when I came in until I moved to the other side of the room. When we were 4 & 5 we were childhood playmates mostly playing cars or cowboys and, yes I admit it here for the first time...doctor - of course he was the doctor. Then he moved about 25 miles away. When we were Juniors in High School we dated for a few months until our schedules made it hard to see one another. THEN when we were 19 we hookup up again. He got way more serious than me and when he started asking me to his family functions I got scared and RAN!!!! I probably shouldn't have done that but it's only a hindsight observation with some guilt mixed in.

Back to today. I heard someone call him by name and spun around....I said, " #&#&#& do you remember me?" He said NO!!!

I know he was lying. First of all the woman there that was then introduced to me as his wife is someone I had seen when I got there. Second his folks had come and talked to me and made a big deal about coming over to visit me sometime. I do remember him sitting at a table not far from his parents when all this went on so I know he knew who I was. I wondered all the way home why I cared that he said he didn't know me, especially when after hearing my name even his wife seemed to know a lot about me.

I "think" it may be because he lied - now, why would he do that - I know why I would...it would be to someone who had hurt me. So, one of my guilty fears have come true....I have always felt guilty about the way I ended our last relationship and now I know my feeling were right. I hurt him. So I decided to "confess" to all of you rather than eat. What's worse....he still looks good!
Old 05-27-2002, 12:55 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Default The babies are FINALLY alseep....

I have said this before.... I am too fat and old to have babies.
Yes, we got the grandkids this afternoon. I asked my daughter who was home from college to watch the baby and my DH would watch the toddler... and I was going to take the 11yearold to see "spiderman". well... he ended up spending the night with a friend... so I went to the show by myself.
IT WAS WONDERFUL !!!!! Not the movie... getting out alone. LOL

The movie was okay (saw Insomnia)... but doing something just for ME was grand
I take care of grandkids, husband,own children, parents, neice.... I am was sooooooo happy to get away from all of them.

Lucky.... don't waste too much time wondering "why?"
The truth may never come out... and don't jump to any conclusions. There is a saying that I learned long ago and it is pretty accurate....

Assume = ***-u-me / When you assume you know what others think or feel.... you often make an *** out of U and me.
***-u-me

I don't know this guy... and possiblily that MAY be the reason... but just put it back in the past and don't worry about it.
Just remember too.... Triple Fudge Sundaes look good too ... but they give you cavities and make you fat in the long run.

Thin.... thanks for starting the new thread.
I am glad you have joined us as often as you have.
So sorry about your aunt.

Okay... I better get to bed. these babies will be up and awake early in the morning. good night

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-27-2002 at 01:02 AM.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:00 AM   #5  

Hi everyone,

Had a wonderful Sunday. I'm home alone with Mikey. Dropped my mom off at the airport. She'll be going to my nephew's high school graduation in Honolulu. He attended boarding school there. I have to dogsit, but I don't mind. Mikey and I went to the beach this afternoon. Poor guy is clueless. He's eating sand and choking. I'm giving him water and saying "no". We went in the ocean and he's huffing and puffing in fear probably. He's exhausted poor thing. Finally got the rhythm of digging in the sand. (I tried teaching him at home, but no luck--prissy lap dog). It was time to leave when he started digging out of control.

It's early evening, the sun's down but it's still light out. The wind is back and it feels so refreshing.

Thanks Kat for the memories. Did you ever see Now and Ever? I think that's what it's called. Four friends who reminisce about their childhood in the 70's. Banana seat bikes and transistor radios. It really captured my childhood cruising. Do you remember how endless summer was. Now time flies. Lucky I get three weeks vacation.

Back to the end of the line plan wise. I'm going to start on Tuesday again.

Happy Memorial Day!
Malia
Old 05-27-2002, 10:39 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Thumbs down Happy Memorial Day!

It's good to see a few more posters...thanks for starting the new new thread, Thin...AND for the movie reviews! We never got to Insomnia the other night, I'd still like to see that...passed on Star Wars, my two guys went to see it again yesterday...I like the idea of getting them ALL on video and watching in chronological order...but that won't happen til years down the road and who'll really care then? (hint: not me!)

2cute...good for you for thinking of yourself! You sure deserve it! I'm sure, by now this morning, you are up to your ears in baby talk and bottles and cartoons...Have fun, Grandma!

Lucky...how petty can a grown man be? Even if you broke his little heart, that was a long time ago! (Get over it, Bud!) Maybe he was trying to play it cool in front of the wife...I would have been insulted too...but I'm glad you confessed your feelings to us and not to the refrigerator! You go girl!

Malia...sounds like you and Mikey had fun at the beach! I hope he doesn't bring his new "skill" home to your gardens! Do you mean the movie, Now and Then? My daughter and I LOVE that movie!! That is TOTALLY my childhood...a great trip down memory lane!

Mary...boy, you had a productive shopping spree...Good for you. I hope you have a nice relaxing "day off" from all your activities and obligations!

I haven't shopped for myself in so long...clothing-wise, anyway...DH would say "What about the $80 spent yesterday on flowers and mulch for the yard!?!" I may have gone a tad overboard! Some of the areas that I want to plant will now need a fence around them to keep the dog out...so I'm off to Home Depot this morning for that...I did get a lot planted yesterday...Red salvia, purple ageratum and yellow marigolds along my front bed. I bought coleus and red impatiens for the shady back yard. Zinnias for the sunny spots back there. I didn't come in til it was dark outside...no idea what time...dinner consisted of a peanut butter and banana sandwich, some watermelon and a glass of milk...another gourmet meal! I guess I'll cook tonight...maybe.

I have to go...lots to do, little time...back to work tonight...

A thought for Motivational Monday:

"Happiness is the result of making a bouquet of those flowers within reach." ~Proverb
Old 05-27-2002, 03:09 PM   #7  

Default Happy Memorial Day

Good afternoon all.

Just a brief note. The grandbabies are gone... and although I LOVE them... I was glad to see them leave.
My son came just in the nick of time. My back is still not back to normal and my DH was doing most of everything for them. Just minutes after my son got here we recieved a phone call that my husband's brother had died this morning. My husband took it pretty hard. He was a practicing alcoholic and my husband had just seen him Sat when we went to Missouri. It is really a long sad story. but to make a long story short... I may be gone Wed-Fri. Then Sat we move my daughter into her new first apartment. So I may be gone till next Monday.

I am going now. Just wanted to sneak in and read a minute.
I am going back with my husband now. There are just no words to say to someone when they lose a loved one.
Old 05-27-2002, 07:30 PM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Happy Memorial Day all
we went to the memorial service and picnic today it went well but I am so tired I fall asleep every time i get still. Tomorrow is work again probably 10 hours.

2cute sorry about your DH brother,

I'll go for now I'm falling asleep.
Old 05-27-2002, 07:32 PM   #9  

Thanks, Kat, I guess after knowing one another since we were 4 I expected an "Oh Hi" at least. After he said he didn't know me and I told him WHO I WAS he said absolutly nothing. His wife said, "OH, you are ######". Funny thing is that encounter has made me think about him and our history. Why I did what I did and how my life would have been different. Now that I am older I like to go back and evaluate what I did, why I did it and, if I get lucky, learn from it. So I suppose all in all seeing him has made me "see" some things about myself - then and now. But is still has me miffed....

The memorial service was nice today. My Dad fell asleep until the 21 gun salute.

Next weekend I have a wedding Saturday and another graduation on Sunday...with another "man" from my past that could be present and that I wasn't always so nice too.

Maybe I don't want to learn so much about myself!!!!
Old 05-28-2002, 01:52 AM   #10  

Hi everyone,

I've made a vow to myself to be strictly on plan tomorrow. No "a little of this and a little of that". I'm not that confident. Must be realistic, I haven't been on plan for ages. Exercise is maintaining everything. I have a feeling if I ate strictly on plan my weight would drop. Tomorrow is the day. I'll be very busy at work. No time to think about food.

Today was not relaxing for me. I cleaned and washed laundry. I did get to see Insomnia. It's was a psychological thriller--well made but too real for me.

Have a great Tuesday. Take care.
Malia
Old 05-28-2002, 07:34 AM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Quick post got to grab a shower today is my long day. We have a book review scheduled after regular library hours.

Gotta run try to get back later
Old 05-28-2002, 12:12 PM   #12  

Okay... it is Tuesday now and everyone should be returning.

I had my first ultra sound this morning... I need to go back for my lower ultra sound in an hour. The young woman is very nice and although it is embarrassing having her see (and touch) all my flubber... I couldn't ask for a nicer a person.
I have to drink 32oz of water at noon and not lose any of it till after the ultra sound. (that isn't until 1:30)
Wish me luck.
got to run. Will be back later.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-28-2002 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2002, 05:15 PM   #13  

Unhappy No one to wish me LUCK :(

Okaaay you guys... since no one came here to wish me luck... I didn't have any. (looking sad)

I drank my darn 32oz of water and arrived early so hopefully they would get me in early. I sat down and waited. The "urge" was stronng... and I was thinking about what I was going to do. Then the person next to me started complaining because he had been waiting for over 2 hours for his ultra sound. And he gets to go BEFORE me... even though I was on the verge of peeing my pants.

I went to the receptionist and explained my "overactive bladder" ... plus my requirement to "hold" it... and the unlikelihood of this happening. She found the ultrasound person and she told me to go ahead and empty my bladder and go drink ANOTHER 32 oz because it would be at least 30 more minutes minimum.

AHhhhhh... I felt better.
Then another hour went by... and I needed to "go" again.
They took the gentleman in that had been waiting for 2 hours... but he wasn't coming out. And I wasn't going to be able to wait much longer.
I had to go "relieve" myself AGAIN... and drink Another 32 oz of water. My eyeballs were floating. LOL

This tale drags on... but to shorten it... when I got in there she said my bladder wasn't full... then she said it was.
Then she told me to go empty it because she was going to do an "internal" ultraasound.!!!!!! Yes I said "internal"

I did as I was told and emptied it... and then she told me the ultrasound looks like my bladder is still full.
When it was full it looked emptied... when empty it looked full.

Well... I do have gall stones...and I have no idea what that means.
Otherwise... she said everything looked pretty good but the doctor would make the final decisons.

See what happens when you guys don't show up to wish me luck.
NOW GET YOUR BEHINES IN HERE....
I need your luck before I go out and drive these OKLA roads.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-28-2002 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:06 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

2cute
Gallstones can be bad I had mine out when I had my hysterectomy. Glad there's nothing else wrong.
Old 05-28-2002, 08:24 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

Lightbulb Look at the bright side, 2cute...

At least you got your water in today! Wow, as a hospital employee, I am a firm believer in staying healthy and the heck OUT of those darn places! I'm sorry you had to endure that...I do remember the "hold your water" ultrasounds when I was pregnant...but I never experienced the internal deal... My fingers are crossed for you, my friend!
When do you go back to the doctor for a follow up?

Well...this place has certainly become a semi-barren wasteland...look! A tumbleweed just blew by! Buzzards are circling over our thread!

I hope the reason that there is such a scarcity of posters lately is that everyone is out there leading busy, exciting, fulfilling lives and NOT because you may have fallen off the diet wagon and are too ashamed to come back...what better place TO come to if that is the case???

I have to get myself in the shower, I've been out in the dirt again! I am having a blast...still have 3 flats left to plant! I moved to the back yard today...gave the neighbors a break from seeing my big A$$ all day! I do try to reposition myself sometimes and not always be mooning the people across the street, but there's only so much I can do backwards!

I guess I'll leave you with that pleasant image of me...have a good night all...

PS...come out, come out wherever you are!
Closed Thread