3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Talk about OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE - trying to get to the EXACT 1200 calories! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/157992-talk-about-obsessive-compulsive-trying-get-exact-1200-calories.html)

horsey 12-07-2008 12:15 AM

Talk about OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE - trying to get to the EXACT 1200 calories!

Talk about obsessive - trying to get to the EXACT 1200 calories! Tonight I sat with my Calorie King program and I had 154 calories to go, one snack left after my pm workout - so I figured it out to the EXACT calorie, played with it until it said 1200 meaning I could have WHAT .87 of a serving of cottage cheese? I played + .95, .91, etc until I got it... YES that's IT I was thrilled after it registered EXACTLY 1200!

I don't know how one would measure .87 of a serving, but I tried and mixed the .87 of a serving of cottage cheese with my Lowfat Yogurt! Very proud of myself as I could also write down 1200 on the top of my page in my print journal and brag about my wonderful workout there too, and that I drank my 8 glasses water, no alcohol, took vitamins, etc, etc etc.

Goodness! Guess it mean's I'm officially back in DIETING mode after a horrible YO, meaning weight gain, now I'm YO'ing back down ONE calorie at a time. At least I feel in CONTROL and I know because I've lost before counting calories down to 1200 and exercising at least 30 min per day rotating cardio and weights. However this next time around, I'm going to figure out maintenance and I'm thinking it doesn't mean pizzas, beer and couch potato stuff...

Coloradogrl 12-07-2008 12:44 AM

Counting cals can defintly be obessive but honestly good job at being able to get it exact:D I use to count cals and I am almost considering doing that instead of WW because I "like" the idea of points but it just kills me NOT knowing the cals!

I found that writing it down made me accountable and I was wayyyyyy more aware with what I put in my body because I had to write it down and calculate

I was a fitday girl but I did have problems finding somethings somethims. I have never used Calorieking but I will have to look more into it.

JayEll 12-07-2008 06:42 AM

:lol: You know, all those calorie listings are averages... So being exact really isn't possible... But it's still kind of a thrill when a nice round number comes out.

Just as with scale readings, don't let the numbers totally rule your world.

And you are right! Maintenance does not mean pizza and beer. Now I know a lot of members will jump right on and say, "Oh, but you can plan to have pizza and beer as long as you fit them with your program" :blah: But from what I've read on 3FC, it's easier just to forget about them for a long time. ;)

Jay

srmb60 12-07-2008 08:40 AM

I think maybe three times I've managed 1200 cal with 40/40/30%. The thrill was better than ice cream ... really!

horsey 12-07-2008 07:39 PM

I was wrong, today I noticed that those fish oil supplements I take are 20 or so calories for two, and I do that 2-3 times per day, helps my moods and skin - so another 50-60 calories for the day... awww...