Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 08:39 PM   #16  
You and Me in 2003

I posted earlier but the computer gods must have eaten it.

My son got fired today for sleeping on the job. How dumb can you be,

work went well today and food was good too. I ate 2 big salads today and drank lots of water well I'll go for now be back tomorrow
Old 04-30-2002, 09:42 PM   #17  

I still didn't get through reading all your posts....

Michelle I am here but feeling sorry for myself. I did get some cleaning done tonight BUT this weight loss is weighing (no pun) on my mind all the time.

Just coming here helps....before I wouldn't even remember I SHOULD lose weight.

I guess I feel I keep treading in life...pretty much staying in one place and don't know why. I know my friends think I move right along but I don't...funny, huh?

I seem to be rambling so I will leave you all to a peaceful evening...

Okay, Malia , warm weather AND a garden....I will be there !!!! It is suppose to snow again tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2002, 10:04 PM   #18  
a work in progress...

Lightbulb Light bulb moment...

I managed to get my butt to the gym tonight...just walked on the treadmill and did some upper body work...and a lightbulb went off in my brain...No, I'm NOT giving 100%, so therefore progress is mighty slow...BUT! the time it takes me to get back on track comes around a whole lot faster than before...I mean, when I would go off plan in the past, I would go WAY off, and STAY off for weeks at a time, wallowing in self pity and bemoaning the fact that I just cannot do this! I'd gain back what I had lost and then some. Something would click and then I'd start all over again, now with extra weight to lose. I'm sure we are all familiar with this cycle.

What is different NOW is the fact that I can have a bad day, or even a so so day and turn it around right then and there, not wait til Monday or to get through an occasion or till I've gone shopping or whatever other excuses I can manufacture.

This is an ongoing, LIFE process...I need to replace bad habits with good...and s*l*o*w*l*y, I'm doing just that. I refuse to punish myself anymore. I will treat myself with respect and love and provide myself with the tools that I need to succeed. Good food, exercise, lots of water, but most of all, the companionship of those who understand...ALL OF YOU!

Well...that's my revelation for the evening...I have to get ready for work now...need to be out of the shower before "The Osbournes" comes on at 10:30...my new favorite show! (Don;t worry, Malia, SpongeBob still has a special place in my heart!)

Have a great night all...get some sleep! (wish I could!)
Old 04-30-2002, 10:36 PM   #19  
Progress..not perfection

Wink There is such a thing as too much togetherness.....

Hey guys......I promised myself I would post everyday faithfully, even if all I had to say was dumb. Well, I have another confession to make............I did not go to my WW meeting yesterday. Why? Come on guys.......you know why. Scared of the scale. Stupid, huh? The scale is going to say what it is going to say and going next week is not going to change what it would have said this week, right? Right. But all the same, I was a coward. But, I can say that I am drinking my water and I am on program. That is something to be thankful for. I am certainly in a better position this week than I was this time last week. That, I can be thankful for. And I am making you this promise: I will go next Monday. (There....you have it in writing)

Now, on to the topic of the post........As most of you know, I have been on third shift for awhile, and have now went back to first. Well, most of you also know that my dh has been on seconds, so we never get to see one another. We have always worked it out so that at least one of us were home at all times. I never wanted to count on someone else to be there for my children. Now, I don't mean to offend anyone. There are some people that can't work this out and have to have childcare or a relative to watch their children, and that is ok too. You have to do what you have to do in life. But me and my husband have always chosen to work separate shifts so that one of us was always here. (Sometimes at our own expense) Not money wise, but never seeing one another.....ANYWAYS..... well, guess who has moved to first shift also? Give you one guess! Yep, the old dh. I am working 7-3 and he is working 8-4:30. He takes the kids to school and I get off in time to pick them up. And we have the whole evening together. Now, don't get me wrong, this sounded really good at first. We get home about the same time, eat dinner together, go walking together, go grocery shopping together, do laundry together, do the gardening and the yardwork together, go to bed together.......in short, we are pretty much TOGETHER! BUT, when he suggests taking a bath together .....that is where I draw the line!!!!!! (Sorry, I hope you didn't get a mental picture there) If you did, my apologies. Anyway, guess I've grossed you guys out long enough......I will see you tomorrow. I love you all and hope your doing well!!!!
Old 05-01-2002, 02:59 AM   #20  

Hi everyone,

Tina, aaahhh marriage....24 hours of togetherness. I appreciate my independence every day. Just kidding...he's just playing catch up. It was a pretty gross picture you drew in my mind too. Guess I have to watch the Osbournes like Kat to get back to normal.

2cute, don't worry about me I'm truly happy whatever may happen. My biggest reward would be to lose this weight and discover new things every day.

My last 24 hours were not the best yet. I took a tub bath to ease my back last night. It relaxed me, but stiffened up during the night. I woke up in pain and my lower back started to engage too. I marched to fitness minus the weights. It loosened up quite a bit. I worked half a day. After work, I went to Ross' for mother's day gifts. I got capri pants in size 20 (yippee!!!). Then to the dentist. 2 1/2 hours of prep work for a crown. Brutal. Small drills, large drills, jack hammer drills. My ears are shot from the sound. Major discovery: cure back pain with teeth/gum pain. It works. My back barely hurts. I got home took a couple of tylenol and drank hot tea. What a day! I take it all back, I like work more than the dentist.

I start once again tomorrow. Goodnight.
Malia
Old 05-01-2002, 07:29 AM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

good Wednesday morning chickies
I am rushing I have to be at work at 8:30 today I work till 5:30 today off tomorrow and work Friday.
My son getting fired as still weighing on my mind. Kids are so irresponsible.

hope all my friends have a great op day see you later
Old 05-01-2002, 07:51 AM   #22  

Malia DON'T get me started on dentists(hope none of you are one or are married to one) but .... Okay, I don't have time to tell you what I think of them and what they do. Sorry you are in pain from one of those nasty people but happy your back feels better!!!

Tina Isn't love grand !!!! This last one is picturing you smoking after the bath!!!! and ??????

Anyway, I have a friend who worked days and her husband worked nights. She said if he ever went on day she would have to divorce him!!!! It's probably just that working basically the same shift isn't or hasn't been "normal" for the two of you. How many calories do you burn taking baths with others? Anyone know????? Could be a new form of exercise!!!!
Old 05-01-2002, 08:20 AM   #23  
I'm on my way!

Good Morning!!!!

Hey TINA , I am jealous!! I can't remember when the last time we took a shower together and we've only been together 3 years!! Lucky you! GO for it and enjoy it! And as far as not going to WW...I trust you will be there next week. Sometimes we just have to do what we gotta do...but one thing we can't do is give up and quit when we have bad weeks...even if its 2 or 3 in a row...when I lost the 97 lbs I went every week regardless!! This is a new way of eating healthy not a just a quick fix. We learn from our mistakes..and when we make the mistakes it just takes us a little bit longer to reach our goal but its NOT the end of the world!! So...you keep chosing the right foods for you and keep on truckin'!!

You know what everyone? Why is it that when we are trying to lose weight we are obsessed with food....I am always thinking of my next meal or snack. WHY? I need to learn that food is not what life is all about (yeah right...who am I kidding here?) LOL I just wish I wouldn't be thinking about it all the time. When I wasn't losing I never thought twice about it. A new behavior I need to work on changing!

Lucky...so you don't like dentists huh? For some reason I do...no I am not one and I am not married to one...but I just like the clean feeling I get when I leave there. I guess I never had many teeth problems growing up. Heck...I only had 4 cavaties in my life until I got older then had a couple more small ones!

I need to work on the next load of laundry...I don't know why but it never stops! How the heck did I do all this housework and laundry and child care when I was working full time! There just isn't enough time in the day anymore. I guess I was more organized then. Who knows! I need to clean out some drawers and cabinets and closets too. I did one drawer yesterday. Maybe if I do one a day until its all done...yeah right...then it will be time to redo the ones I did first! Housework...who the heck invented it and who the heck said it was to be a woman's job>>>?? I know I know..since I'm not working I should be doing something constructive!!

OK enough babbling and rambling...I will do some stuff then take another break and come visit with you all again...so come out and play a bit so I can catch up with you all!

Have a great OP day...just do the best you can for today...

Michelle
Old 05-01-2002, 09:48 AM   #24  
a work in progress...

Good Morning...

I am SOOOOO tired! I just had to say hi and then I'll scamper off to bed! Last night was kind of slow...boy, that makes for a L~O~N~G night! 'Specially when you didn't sleep before work! Dumb dumb dumb!

Lucky...I'm with you...hate the dentist! I'm due for my biannual visit to the torture chamber! GRRRRRR

Tina...we always worked opposite shifts too, never had to use day care...with his crazy schedule, we can go for weeks, just passing each other, but one week a month, he's off for 7 days, so we play catch up... But too much of a good thing is TOO MUCH! I hear ya, sister!

Mary...KIDS! I've had enough of kids and stupidity...Like the song says..."Why can't they be like WE were...perfect in every way?"

Michelle...face it, girlfriend...the laundry never ends...and the older he gets, the MORE laundry he will generate...and when he gets to be a teenager...forget it! Once a piece of clothing has been tried on and rejected...it becomes dirty!! And must be washed again...or so they assume by the fact that they throw it on the floor or under the bed or in the hamper....*sigh* Please refer to my reply to Mary!

Malia...I hope the back is feeling better...AND the mouth! A good, restful sit in the secret garden with your tea might be nice! Meditate among the ferns...ahhhhh....

2cute...I am so proud of you for maintaining your resolve in the midst of a traumatic time...I sure hope that you and hubby are feeling better...maybe follow Tina's hubby's suggestion for a bath TWO-GETHER!

Thin...you must have some BROAD shoulders if we all sat up there! I know what you mean, though. Some of the things that I do are motivated by the thought that I can go back and post it to you guys, knowing that you can appreciate the effort or the sacrifice that I have made!

Theresa...how did you make out at work? I hope everything turned out all right. It's hard to work with family, harder, I would imagine, to work FOR family! Keep us posted.

All righty then...I'm off for a nap...this was supposed to be a short post! Have a great day...catch you all later...
Old 05-01-2002, 10:21 AM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'm procrastinating again. I should be here doing paperwork because I worked yesterday, but I couldn't resist checking in with all of you first.

Yesterday was decent foodwise. I had breakfast with my foster sister (the other one) and then went to work. I did treat myself to a White Chocolate Mocha coffee at Starbuck's. YUM! I get it with skim milk, no whipped cream and I have them add 3 packets of Equal to the cup while they mix it. Umm Ummm good! Honey and I had a dinner job last night at a prime rib buffet. The prime rib was awsome. I haven't had beef in such a long time, I'm glad it was good or I would have been really disappointed. We got dessert to share and I had 4 bites and then put my fork down....just a taste.

2cute: I'm so glad that your accident hasn't de-railed your healthy plan. It would have been so easy to do when you're hurting and just wanting to 'chill' in a corner somewhere. Good for you! Hope you and DH are feeling a little better by now. [[[hugs]]]

LuckyLadyBug: Are you done reading yet???? * I've been 'treading water' in the weightloss department for over a year. I keep justifying that I'm learning 'maintainence' early. But it is depressing when you find that you haven't accomplished anything for the past year. But.......you can't quit. You have to keep plugging along until another 'click' comes. The key is to not backslide too much. Hang in there, it'll come. Just keep the bad habits that you've learned to change through the year at bay and the new good habits you've acquired going. Drinking the water, some better choices, more fruits and veggies, and smaller portions. That is all that has kept me going for over a year. Now that my 'click' has returned I intend to develop some new good habits that will get me through. I hope that makes some sense.

Michelle: How is it that laundry multiplies like that??? OMG, you just think you've finished it up and then someone decides they'll pick up their bedroom floor and the shoot is full again, what's with that? Why can't they throw the dirty stuff down daily so I can do laundry when I want to? Oh, and while we're on it, why can't they turn their socks right side out??? Just wondering???? WOW, how tallented you are to be making bears. My SIL does too. I just collect them. Most of mine are not pluch though, they take up too much room. I collect the Boyd's resin bears. I have a whole bunch of those. * I hear what you're saying about thinking about your next meal or snack all of the time. It seems to be true for me too. But I'm learning to live with it as part of being a fat person wanting to get thin. I think we're just going to have to think that was for the rest of our lives, just like we're going to have to eat and act different for the rest of our lives. It's unfortunate, but I think it's going to be a 'must'. The minute we don't 'think' about it, look what trouble we fall into. And just because we will reach our goal someday, doesn't mean that our trouble with food will magically disappear. It will be just as easy to gain it all back, if not easier, unless we stay vigilant, don't you think?

Katrina: Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that your WW meetings are so depressing. Does your center offer different meetings with different leaders? Or do you have more than one center near you? I've been very lucky, I've only had 2 leaders during the time that I've been going and I love them both. But I know here, the leaders rotate from center to center so that people really do have a choice of times and leaders. There are actually 3 centers that I'm sort of in the middle of so I can choose. * Your last post was great! That's definitely the right attitude. We spend far too much time beating ourselves up when we've not done as well as we think we should have and all it does is turn one thoughtless moment into a disaster. We have to be more willing to say 'oh well' and move on. "One meal at a time" if necessary. * You're on-line right now so I don't know if you'll go back and read my edited post, but yes, my shoulders are broad enough for all of you to sit there, and let me tell ya, it's good to know that you're all there watching me. I'm going to use that in the next few weeks to keep myself in check.

Mary: Sorry to hear about your son and his job. Hasn't he figured out that his bed at home is the place to sleep? Too bad.

Tina: Oh honey, if you've got a tub big enough for the two of you, DH and I will be right over! One of the best parts of going to the B & B was spending the afternoon in the jacuzzi! So relaxing. Try it, you might like it! * When you were AWOL I thought maybe your DH surprised you with a trip to California for the race last weekend......guess not, eh???? * I'm sure you and honey will find all the 'joys' of working the same shift real soon. Just think, it will be like that when you both retire except you won't even be apart the 8 hours during the day. That's something to look forward to!

Malia: Yikes, doesn't sound like you had a very nice day yesterday at all! I hate the dentist, especially crown work! Hope your jaw (and back) are doing better today.

Well girls, I think it's time to do business/paperwork. I'll talk to you all later. Have a great day!

"I can trust my friends...These people force me to examine myself, encourage me to grow." - Cher

Last edited by thinthinker; 05-01-2002 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:42 AM   #26  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs down Inspira-weigh-tion Wednesday !!!!

Well here it is Weigh-In Wednesday.
My weigh-in will be inspir-weigh-tion, LOL.

I am happy to announce ONE MORE DAY ON PROGRAM !!!!!
I am sooooo inspired to stay on my food program.
I swear... it is easy right now.
If I just stick to my game plan, drink my water, keep active, and start an exercise program I will not only be thinner.... but I will be happier along the way.

My mid to lower back still hurts some. My bruises are coming and going. I find new ones everyday...usually by looking at what hurts. LOL

The STUPID insurance man wants to come and take pictures of us this evening. Heck.. 5 days later.
He is in for a BIG surprise. My worst injuries are my STOMACH and boobs. I don't imagine he has ever seen a stomach like this. It is the blubber part that hangs. I am going to be sooo embarrassed... I HATE INSURANCE MEN !!!!

My husbands face now only looks like I hit him and instead of a 2x4 anymore. He did not get the bruises I did. But he got a LOT worse problems. He missed work Mon-tues. He has tried to go today... we will see how long he lasts.
To be honest.... and I am ashamed to say this .... I am glad to have him out of the house for a few hours.
He is soooooooo MOODY !!!!! I know he is in pain.... and I have overlooked a lot. My husband NEVER apologizes ... but he has three times already because he has been sooooo RUDE.
I know it is the pain... and the pain killers talking.
He is not the sweetest thing sometimes... but he is never this bad
Hopefully getting out of the house and away from me will help him
I KNOW I am driving him crazy too.

Hey... I just got a phone call ... I have to go.
I will try to get back tonight. Ta Ta

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 05-01-2002 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2002, 01:40 PM   #27  
I'm on my way!

Good afternnnnoooonnn!!!

2Cute....I can just see you flashing your boobs to the insurance man! I can't stop laughing! Sooo sorry!

My little guy was so tired this morning that he climbed up onto the couch and layed his little head on the pillow and went to sleep for just over an hour. My little angel!!

I didn't get the laundry put away yet..but I did clean out one of the other drawers on the china cabinet. I went through my Martha Stewart magazines and pulled out the pages of the reicpes I want to keep and threw the magazines away...boy do they take up space! The recipes are only for company or gifts or to take to someones house. They are way to full of fat for me!

Ok off to finish the chores...I did manage to clean off the kitchen table too! And do the dishes! I was some what constructive!
Catch you all later! Guess everyone is busy busy!!

Michelle
Old 05-01-2002, 02:53 PM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking New Centerfold goddess here....

Hi everyone.... The centerfold queen has returned just long enough to report about my photo session.

The guy was young 30ish... that's young to me. LOL
He was even my type. LOL LOL
He was very polite and told me he would only take pictures of what I was confortable with.
If I wear a tank top you can see a lot of it. I just pulled it down a little and pulled my bra over a little and he said that was fine. It was obvious how badly I was bruised

Now for my BELLY !!!!!!
LOL... it wasn't bad either. I pulled my waist down just far enough for him to see the worst side. I did not have to go all the way down. My blubber did not "flop" out at him,
He made me feel very comfortable and he told me I did not have to show anymore. It was very obvious the seriousness of it.

Okay ladies... I have to go turn of my striptease music and get back to work. Va va va voom !!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2002, 03:09 PM   #29  

Default New here... and ready to try again for the umpteenth time!

I've been gone from 3FC for a while - and off my diet as well! I'm looking for the motivation I need to get back into control of my eating, to change my eating habits.

Omigosh! Wednesday is weigh-in day... and I just can't bear to do that just yet. I know what the scale will say ("Only one at a time, please!")... but I'm not emotionally ready to see it in black and white. Could I please have a reprieve?

I hope to get to know all of you over the next couple of days. I'm just glad you are all here!

-- FluffyEwe
Old 05-01-2002, 06:58 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

STOP

DO NOT POST HERE!

Go To '300+ And Ready To Try Again #164
Closed Thread