Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 09:00 AM   #16  

Good morning!

doitforme - what a great acronym - will definitely have to remember that one, not just in my head, but in my heart!

I will certainly need prayers today - I was not successful yesterday in getting myself on track with a diet plan. So I start over again today... one step at a time, I know... it's not like I've never done this before - I've lost the same 100+ pounds 3 times already over the past 20 years or so!!! I get so upset with myself!!!

Does anyone use instant messaging of any kind? I'd love to chat with you sometime!

Sorry this post is so short - I have tons of laundry to do today, I hope I can get it all done today!

Have a great morning!

-- FluffyEwe
:sheep:
Old 05-02-2002, 09:50 AM   #17  

Angry Good Morning!

I just wanted to remind everyone today is the national day of prayer. So, stop often and chat with our Lord. He listens, and never turns away. He is the greatest friend anyone could have!!!
How are those babies doing? Madison, and callie, still praying for them too! Gopd Bless!
Old 05-02-2002, 01:48 PM   #18  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Afternoon! It's nice to see some posts here again. It was like many of us went on vacation!

FluffyEwe: Good to see you here. I remember you from other boards. You're right. We cannot do this alone. But, with God's help and the help of the wonderful supportive people on this board we WILL do it.

Doitforme: Neat acronym! Lots of meaning to it!

Sami: Very, Very soon people will start to notice the loss. At first they will wonder what's different about you and then it will really start showing. Keep up the excellent work!!

Ginny: WTG on the walking! You need to come here and drag me out the door!

Gary: DS is working quite hard. He is also trying to lose about 20 lbs. and get into better shape. I've noticed a real difference in his eating habits. The work will be good for him!

I got groceries yesterday and have stocked up on the veggies and fruit again. Hopefully, I'll be able to stay OP. I won't be going out for dinner until Mother's day so I should be okay for a little while.

Take care everyone. Talk to you again tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2002, 09:11 PM   #19  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello my friends ~ I wanted to post this prayer request for my Dad. He is 71 and his health is pretty good but he's in a lot of pain right now with some sort of back/siatica problem. His back, hip, leg and down to his toe hurt so bad that he cannot do anything but lay flat on his back. He's losing weight because he cannot get up. They did an MRI and found nothing to operate on. It hurts me that he hurts so much. So if I could impose on you all for one more person to be added to your prayer list, it's my Dad.....his name is Tom.

Thank you so much!!

I will be praying for all of your prayer needs too.

In Christ,
Zoe <><
Old 05-03-2002, 08:37 AM   #20  

Default TGIF

Good morning everyone. The sun is finally shining in Southern Ontario. The northeast winds are blowing cold air but there is just something about "sunshine" that gets a farm gal in gear.

So very sorry Patricia!!!! Life is so difficult at times, but you and I both know that our Lord and Saviour the only ONE that can get us through.

Weigh in this week only .4 but heck wasn't a gain.
Total now in 3 weeks is 5.4 ( I'll take it). Dd is exactly the same.
My blue jeans are fitting a tad better, thats a sure sign for me.
I hate lying down on the bed to do up ones jeans. ( Smile, you've all done it Just like that get off and on the scales habit we all have, like we didn't read it right the first time. Gee!

I'm off to the local farm dealership this morning, Dh had trouble with riding lawnmower, needing a new part. The grass is 2' high and rising Interesting how lawn tractors break as the grass needs cutting, not afterwards, and of course the part will have to be ordered. Enjoy your weekend. My PRAYERS going out for each of you.

Walking to Christ,
Sister Joanne
Old 05-03-2002, 09:54 AM   #21  

Good morning!

Wilma - those fruits and veggies are so important. I could live on fruit, I think. My problem is that I can't just stop at one serving. I seem to forget that the calories can still add up and add pounds!

Zoe - I hope your Dad finds relief soon. It's so hard to watch someone you love be in pain like that.

Gutchie -boy, do I ever agree with you about the sunshine - no matter what the temperature is, sunshine sets my mood. And today is a beautiful sunshiny day here, too.

Since I didn't get to the laundry yesterday, it looks like I'll be spending my day downstairs. But first, off to the shower!

Have a great weekend, and I'll see you all on Monday!

-- Fluffy Ewe
:sheep:
Old 05-03-2002, 10:40 AM   #22  

Thumbs down Hi ya!

What a beautifful morning! I do love the sun! It picks everyone's mood up. Zoe sorry to hear about your dad. Pray they can figure out what is wrong, and get him up and about soon. Fluffy I have laundry too if I drop it off can ya get it done, so I can enjoy this lovely weather Hey thought it was wortha shot, you never know. Oh, well I guess i will just throw it in , before I head off to work, and I can still be out and about well it washing. Hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-03-2002, 10:41 PM   #23  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi friends ~ just a quick note before I'm outta here. I am going to miss you all and will be really trying hard to be good and have fun without eating myself into a blimp. I'll talk to y'all on Thursday of next week.

Thank you all for your prayers for my Dad, I really appreciate it.

See ya ~

Zoe <><
Old 05-03-2002, 11:40 PM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default TGIF

Hi Ladies- Just got back from a house warming party for a friend of the family- it was cool! I worked on the house a few months back and re-did all the walls to look new (my trade) EVERYONE raved about them-- the house belongs to one of the teachers that works with my wife so alot of my wifes work friends were there. Then we went to a place that stir-frys meat-veggies-and noodles, whatever you build on your plate--soooo good!
SAMI- how is the scrapbook going? my wife and a few gals from church --TRY-- to get together once a month to work on theirs. GINNY- thanks for saying it was sweet that I shared in the cooking-- the fact is if I didn't I wouldn't eat!! Just kidding!! A couple of years ago I made the MISTAKE of asking WHAT'S FOR DINNER I AM STARVING just as she came home from a HARD day-- WOOPS! The reply-- WHATEVER YOU ARE MAKING-- IN FACT FROM NOW ON YOU ARE COOKING ONE DAY A WEEK-- well to make a long story short--after buying way too many cookbooks--I got in TROUBLE for that too-- I learned how to and started enjoying it. I still do-- as long as I -- GOT THAT--I don't have to do it EVERY NIGHT!! My wife and I pretty much divide it in half- depending on our schedules.
ZOE-In my prayers, have a great vacation!! SUE-FLUFFYEWE and JOANNE--We all have that SUNSHINE thing going- that is why I live in California!! I do not think I could live in the cold country like you gals do. PATRICIA- I hope the play is helping with your family struggles-still in our prayers! WILMA- how is that boy doing with the new job? glad he likes it so far.
Well gotta go--it's Friday night date night-- the best part anyway!! Love you gals--YA BIG LOOOOSERS!!! IN CHRIST- Gary
Old 05-04-2002, 07:01 AM   #25  

Thumbs down Good Morning!

What a beautiful day it is bright and sunny! I just popped in to say Hi!. I have to be to work at 7:30am so this is gotta be quick. Zoe I pray your dad is doing better, have a great time on vacation. ezmoney- I love the sunshine, but would miss the changes in seasons, I enjoy the fall, with all the vibrant colors, and sad to say winter most of the time, pretty with the snow on the mountains. That stir-fry sounds wonderful! I have a mother/daughter banquet tonight at church, I have to go pick my mom up and I am staying at my parents tonight so I can't post again until Sunday afternoon at the earliest. Sorry to miss out on talking with alot of you, your all in my thoughts and prayers. I went danceing yesterday with richard simmons, and lost another lb. I am down to 291. I am 6 away from 1st goal, on 5/10. Tonight's italian dinner I am sure will keep me out of completion, but gotta enjoy cheating occassionally!! Catch ya tom! God bless !
Old 05-09-2002, 05:45 PM   #26  

Default Weigh in!

Hi everyone!
Hoping you've all done well this week @ your own weigh in's about the world. I did ok, even with 2 functions and great eats.
Loss 2 pounds = Total of 8 pounds to date.
196/188/Aim 140 or lower

Still raining here in Southern Ontario, days now, puddles everywhere. This is much needed rain but alas it can stop now.

May is our busy month with Birthday's/Mom's Day.
Tomorrow is Dd's Birthday, age 30. ( I'm too young to have this lady calling me mom
Adopted at 2 months, a JOY beyond words!
We shall celebrate this weekend indeed here on the farm. ( A lowfat diet cake for certain).

Recipe: 1 Angle Food Cake
1 Ultra Low Fat Cool Whip
2 Diet Chocolate Bars ( More if wanted)
Take the room temperature Cool Whip and mix with crushed chocolate bars. Cut Angle Cake in half, spread mixture of Cool Whip & Chocolate between layers, place back together, and ice it all. Put in the fridge to cool and ENJOY. Messy & Taste Yummy!

I'm off to make supper for my men.
Hugs from Canada.
God Bless each of you.

Sister Joanne
Old 05-09-2002, 10:49 PM   #27  

Angry Hi there!

Gutchie-CONGRATULATIONS ON TWO LB LOSS, WAY TO GO GIRL!!!
I have a prayer request, My Mom (Rita ) is suppose to hip replacement surgery on Tues. Her blood pressure has been up and she also is a diabetic. They put her on a beta blocker, even considered, postpponing the surgery. Now think the increase in b.p. is related to pain, tension from surgery. They upped the pain med, now they say the surgery is a go again. I have great faith in our Lord, that all will be fine, My parents are both saved. I however would appreciate your prayers for the surgery to go well, and quick healing, thanks so much, God Bless!!
Old 05-10-2002, 08:57 PM   #28  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Default I'm back, I'm back!

Hello my friends ~ I'm finally back online. Got back into town from Virginia very late Wednesday night and then back to work Thursday and today.....I'm so glad that it's the weekend now. What a week!

Vacation was okay......the weather wasn't too bad and I actually got a little sun on my pale body.

I hope that you all have been doing well while I was gone. I gained 3 pounds and will be 'starting over' tomorrow. Prayerfully, I will be able to post a nice loss come next Saturday morning. I feel like a fat hog

Well, gonna go relax.....have a wonderful evening and I'll talK to y'all over the weekend.

In Christ,
Zoe <><
Old 05-12-2002, 10:09 AM   #29  
burned out bus driver

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
Just a quick check in to say hello before I get dressed for church.
Have a blessed Lord's Day!
Ginny
Old 05-12-2002, 12:18 PM   #30  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! TO ALL OF YOU -- I HOPE YOUR FAMILIES ARE TREATING YOU ALL SPECIAL BECAUSE YOU ARE. WENT TO CHURCH LAST NIGHT SO MY WIFE COULD SLEEP IN-- HER DAUGHTER TOOK HER TO STARBUCKS FOR COFFEE THIS A.M.
THEY ARE GOING SHOPPING AND I AM HEADING OFF TO MY MOM'S FOR THE DAY--
HAVE A GREAT DAY- IN HIS BLOOD- Gary
Closed Thread