Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-01-2008, 03:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default anyone ever feel afraid?

Sigh,

This is just one of those Turkey week vacations that just doesn't cut it out, no matter how you try.

I've had relatives scream in each others faces and/or worry about finances out loud. I've got my own college loan payments to make tomorrow and I know once I've pay them off, I'll be able to breath a bit easier and enjoy going xmas shopping presents

It's just... on top of all that, I've been trying a new bc pill to help delay my monthly period due to iron deficient anemia (it's supposed to be every three months on this pill), but earlier tonight I discovered some spotting and I"m afraid it'll turn into my monthly again in which case I'll have to call my obgyn AGAIN for a different pill if this one doesn't work. (It'd be the third time the bc pill didn't work since I first started on bc pills this past spring.)

I guess, I was hoping the bleeding/spotting wouldn't occur today since I'm supposed to weigh myself on monday like I usually do and now I feel like I can't if the bleeding/spotting continues

I just had a miserable week last monday's weigh in due to constipation from iron pills (seems to be resolving itself now that I've included a slightly higher dose of vitamin c to go with daily iron pill consumption) and I really want to see if I had lost any weight this week.

(I've been great on calorie counting and walking during thanksgiving, though I confess since I had most of my work week off due to the turkey holiday, I have not been as active as I am on my feet 8 hrs a day at work as I usually am).

It's like during the day, I feel all my newly developing muscles in my back and legs, and then when I change into pjs and veg for the evening, I just feel allllllll the fat wiggling or plastered all over my stomach and elsewhere, and I'm like "can I really lose any of this fat? can I really ever go under a size 10 in my lifetime after being obese for so many years?" Once in awhile, I get afraid I won't get there.

It'd just be a nice pick-me-up in all of this stress.

Just been feeling a bit blue tonight though I have not had any desire to overeat. I thought I'd come blab it all out on three-fat-chicks instead, ya know?

~ tea

Last edited by teawithsunshine; 12-01-2008 at 04:04 AM.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/209/170

Height: 5ft 7

This might not help you at all...but Ive been on quite a few differnent bc pills, or methods and I find that everytime I try something new I ALWAYS have spotting for a week or sometimes it continues once in a while throughout my time on that method. I hope it all works out for you hun!
I can totally relate to the fear or doubt of every being small. My mind has almost come to accept that I will always be fat, and for some reason I feel like I was meant to be fat and my body cant be small....I know that isnt true obviously, it just takes a little extra work!....But we can get there eventually!
Good luck
erinmagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #3  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Sometimes, life just seems overwhelming, doesn't it? I don't know if your family is like mine, but being around them is no holiday!

I had to go on BC for awhile, and it really was something for my emotions.

By the way, my dental technician warned me to be especially good about brushing my teeth for a month or so when changing BC because it alters your saliva and makes it easier for bacteria to grow.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #4  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time, but good for coming here and venting on 3FC instead of overeating! I hope the new BC pills work for you. When I was on iron pills they gave me horrible constipation too, I ended up switching to Floradix, a liquid iron supplement that doesn't have that effect. It really helped my iron levels and I feel a lot better when I take it.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

tea,

yes you can be a size 10. Not tomorrow, not next week. But over time you will see changes...slowly. The nice thing about weight loss is that unlike growing out a bad haircut, you keep looking better as time goes on.

The scale may not show your loss this week if it is TOM, but it will show another day. (sometimes when I have been on vacation and miss a diuretic for a day or two I do a different weigh in day that week. Maybe your weigh in could be after your period?)

This too shall pass...you can do this.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote