Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2008, 07:22 PM   #1  

Default immediate diet planner?

hi!
i want to lose weight and will do anything to lose weight.

I admit I dont eat the best of foods BUT I will and want to do anything possible to lose weight and keep it that way

What i want to know is this:

1) What good foods should I eat, how often? I dont know what protein/carbs are... im a total newbie so please bear that in mind

2) Excersizes - would they help? Sit ups and bench presses?

Can you give me a typical kind of "plan" to stick to or see what is involved in a plan, such as food types... how much to eat etc... etc...?

I want to lose weight from the stomach and also this double chin that is now noticable.

I want to start right now and do have the power. I just need the guidance im committed and dedicated

I appreciate your help, both men and women!

firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #2  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

1) Fruits and veggies, low fat meats, fiber. You can decide what kind of plan you want to be on. Weight Watchers, counting calories, etc. Whatever will work out for you in your daily routine. Its a lifestyle change, not a diet.

2) Get moving !! Muscle burns more calories.

My questions to you:

Height? Weight? Male or Female? Goal weight?
luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

firehawk!

Everyone has to start somewhere - asking questions is a GOOD THING!

You might find some basic nutritional info useful - try the Food Pyramid.

3FC has tons of info about different eating plans here. Some structure to start with might help you find your way. There are more tips here.

For exercises - start with whatever you think you will like. Walking is an easy place to start, no fancy equipment - just get some decent walking shoes. I started with just walking and have built up to running my first 5K a couple days ago, riding my bicycle and I even teach a spin class.

YOU DO HAVE THE POWER!!! And it's really cool you said that.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:29 AM   #4  

ah thanks!
I do love walking, infact I walk everyday for at least 45 minutes whilst listening to some music.

height: 5'8
weight: Not sure. I am a jean size 34 (it increased by 2 sizes this year)
goal weight: size 0? lol ... well, I want to drop at least 3 jean sizes... and get rid of this double chin I have
Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 AM   #5  

ive read the diet/eating plans. all sounds interesting but still not sure what I should do or what to plan out in terms of eating and making a plan to eat that.

would it be ideal to initially go on a quick diet plan... then change the plan into something more longer term?

What should I have for breakfast, lunch, and an evening meal?
Old 11-30-2008, 08:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi again firehawk!

How'd you make out with the suggestions from a couple weeks ago? Have you learned to cook oatmeal?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

It's really hard for any of us to tell you what's going to work for you. It seems that the most successful weight loss plan is one you can STICK with -- beyond weight loss and into maintenance! A quick weight loss plan might well help you lose weight, but it's no good if you gain all the weight back once you go back to your "old habits". You need to learn new, sustainable habits.

So, I recommend read read read about different plans, about nutrition, and then start trying things out that work for you. And know that your plan will evolve over time.

When I started, I had over 100 pounds to lose. All I did was cut back on portions and bring my own lunch and snacks to work. After about a month I started counting calories. Later, I started paying attention more to the kinds of food I was eating -- protein, carbs, fat, etc. So, my plan evolved as I went along. My exercise plan evolved similarly...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #8  

Thanks! I appreciate that
as for oatmeal.... I havent had a chance yet but I am looking into it now

I just really want to start a plan right now and start from tomorrow. its a new day tomorrow, and 1st of the month....

Today I had:

Cereal (1 bowl)
Coffee (1 cup)

Home made pasta with spicy tomato sauce
water to drink

later I then had coffee (1 cup) and a small bitesize twirl

and now im thinking about making some pasta again. I do have pot noodle but I am not eating them (which is a good move and havent had them in over a month either)
Old 11-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

ok..here's what i see you need to improve upon.
1. protien...nothing you ate so far had protein. Protein plays a vital role in muscle development which then leads helps with fat burning.
2. fruit and veggies...i know you said you were a picky eater...but trust me fruit and veggies have lower carb and will help fill you up
3. lots of carbs. pasta is great ( i love pasta) but is very high in calories and doesn't fill as well.
try to eat more protien..how about an apple and a 2 oz of sharp cheddar cheese for a snack. or try yogart and granola for a more filling breakfast than cereal...also the oatmeal will be more filling than cereal.
if you are a vegetarian..there are a lot of good sources of protien..you just have to do some reasearch..if you eat meat...then by goodness try some sliced turkey for lunch with for veggies. Healthy weight loss does require some work..its tough at first...but you need to try to focus on it..and it will come. Good luck!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #10  

thank-you! Thats great. yes I am a vegetarian, well, kinda. i do eat meat now and again.

fruit, i enjoy and i must have... so thats going in the shopping basket. As is yoghart.

what food contains protien?

would sandwiches be ok? Such as say, a cheese sandwhich, with some flavouring sauce (a hint of chilli sauce maybe) along with cucumber/tomato's?
Old 11-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #11  

In addition to meat, good protein sources are beans, soy products, and dairy.

I make a pasta dish that contains 1 serving (2 oz) of whole wheat or whole grain pasta. While that's cooking I quickly heat up red and green pepper strips and mushrooms. I heat up some spaghetti sauce, and toss in some morningstar farms fake sausage crumbles (a soy product). Sprinkle with a little parmesan.

It's very tasty and satisfies my need for pasta, but doesn't have too much pasta. And I get in some veggies with the peppers, mushrooms and tomato sauce. Protein from the crumbles. It's also pretty low in fat.

So, you can think about a lot of the foods you currently eat and find ways make them more friendly to your new way of eating. Insert more protein and veggies and less fats. Change from "white" carbs (e.g, rice, pasta, bread) to versions with more whole grains. The whole grain versions have more fiber and protein even, and keep you full longer!

That's how it started for me!

Last edited by Heather; 11-30-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #12  

thanks heather I appreciate that. I do like white bread than brown but gotta make the switch i guess!

I'm not a great cook but want to learn. I guess pasta is the only dish I know how to make really. usually I have either pot noodle, or some frozen stuff (such as cottage pie, fish, burgers).... but havent had them in over a month.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:16 PM   #13  

you can learn to cook more things that you like. Start simple!

This is a good time of year to learn how to roast vegetables, for instance.
Or bake a sweet potato! There's nothing simpler than that!
Old 11-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #14  

agreed wholeheartedly. hopefully this diet will teach me alot of things aside from loosing weight.

still confused on what foods to eat from tomorrow for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I was looking at this, of course I dont want to pay and shouldnt.... but your thoughts?

its a website called purepackage dot com