Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Shrink View Post
I'm not sure if guilt is the right word for what I was feeling yesterday... Maybe confused? I was careful about what I was putting on my place and how much of it I was putting there... I didn't eat 5 rolls like usual or load up plate with filling and candied sweet potatoes (with extra sauce)... I ate one roll (with no extra butter) and had the sweet potatoes but with only the sauce that was soaked into it no extra... and instead of eating 1/4 of a coconut pumpkin pie (mmmm...) I had a sliver of pie without the crust and only enough to get the taste satisfaction.

I also had to go to a 2nd Turkey day diner later in the day with my future in laws... I was also mindful....

I think the confusion came from eating so much less than I ever have before and making smarter choices... In some ways I was proud of myself (I used my WiiFit for 45 min in the am and wasn't gorging myself) and other ways I was missing the days when I just loaded up my plate with all the yummy goodness... I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted but just (much) smaller portions which also confused me b/c in the past if I was dieting I was super strict... All in all... I survived the day, for the most part felt okay about it, and made the choice not to take any leftovers (a.k.a. temptations) home.
I felt the exact same way!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #17  
Workin' It

I don't feel guilty about anything yesterday, though I did go a little overboard with the dessert options...
I had a small amount of turkey without skin, a small amount of ham, several veggies, 1/4 cup of my grandmother's dumplings and then a small slice of 4 different desserts... I've never actually eaten pecan pie before trying it earlier this year and I have always heard my aunt's is excellent, my SIL had made homeade pie crust, my mom had made some new thing I had to try and one of my aunt's makes a dessert with fudge and marshmallows and pecans that I used to fantasize about during bad food moments. :O I had '3 bite servings' of all four of them, and am not allowing myself to feel bad about that! And they were three normal bites, not small but not huge either. That left a little on my plate of each of them, but I didn't give in to the compulsion to finish them off!
And, I exercised for an hour yesterday, so that helps with the guilt some too!

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 11-28-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:13 PM   #18  
Queen of the World

S/C/G: 256/256/190

Height: 5 feet 8 inches

I don't think I feel guilty but I feel way overloaded and I still feel like I have to clean up the leftovers. I'm glad that most of the leftovers are veggies and I can have as much of them as I like.
Writermom46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Nope, no guilt. I plan to eat better/healthier for the rest of my life and holidays are part of life. I ate reasonable portions of everything. Skipped the pie...not because I was denying myself, but because I was giving the party for 18 people and I was so busy cleaning up after dinner that I forgot.

I sent all the left-overs home with various college age relatives and their friends -- except for some turkey I saved for sandwiches.

I was, however, REALLY surprised that I woke up this morning weighing in at 140...I weighed 137.5 yesterday morning. It is incredible to me that one day Off Plan -- not paying attention to sodium intake -- can cause so much chaos in the water retention department. I don't think I even ate outside of my calorie limit for the day (Not that one day would matter anyway...). Regardless, I am full up on water...like a sponge.

Last edited by Schumeany; 11-28-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I was, however, REALLY surprised that I woke up this morning weighing in at 140...I weighed 137.5 yesterday morning. It is incredible to me that one day Off Plan -- not paying attention to sodium intake -- can cause so much chaos in the water retention department.
I was up 6lbs this morning. HUGE shocker.

Yeah, I know it's all water - we ate so much salty stuff yesterday that it's just not even funny. I'm sure it'll be gone (mostly) by the end of the weekend, but it's an eye opener for sure.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

i definitely didn't weigh myself today. yesterday I ate reasonably for Thanksgiving, but there are some days I just know better than to step on the scale! =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #22  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

no guilt here either! I did obsess a little about the menu but in the end I had a wonderful time with my family
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #23  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

No guilt, but a pretty bad stomachache and so much water retention that my normally loose ring is tight!
I guess these foods really REALLY don't work for me anymore!
mariarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #24  

Height: 5'7

I think we should re-name today.....BACK Friday....meaning back on plan!

It does feel better to wake-up light and empty than with a food hangover! Need to remember this as Christmas is coming!

Nothing tastes as good as "thin" feels!

I just heard today that the average American gains 5-10 lbs bewteen Thanksgiving and Christmas....so not gaining is a huge victory!

Happy BACK Friday!
thinkerbell
thinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #25  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

No guilt. I'd planned to take a walk before or after dinner, but I got busy preparing (I hosted this year) and didn't get the time before. Guests didn't bring walking shoes, so we ended up just talking and playing games.

I didn't realize until just now that I really didn't use salt for the meal. The turkey recipe called for a salt-and-pepper rub, but I forgot to do that before I had the onion and herbs in the trussed-up turkey, so I grabbed the salt and pepper shakers and added a bit, intending to tell people they could salt at the table. But I just didn't put it in anything else, wasn't even thinking about salt. And everything turned out great.

My official weigh-in day is tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I'm back down to 208. My previous weird weight gain last week is all gone.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote