Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/214/165 WI day Monday

Height: 5'9"

Default The perfect time to set a long term goal

So, I've always been one to wait until New Year's to make a goal or set a resolution. However, the holidays are just too much of an excuse to overeat. My plan this year is to set a goal that I will begin working towards today and hope to reach by next year, the day before Thanksgiving.

So, my goal is to lose 55 pounds. Totally doable in 52 weeks right? I am going to keep checking in here with the buddies I've made. I'm going to focus on one change at a time starting with being more aware of what I am eating. This is a great time to start a goal because if I can be good at the holidays, I can make it anytime!!!

Anyone else care to set a goal to work towards over the next year. Start today!!!
Thinnerinnerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

I think thats a great idea, means you probably won't over eat during this holiday season!
And 55 lbs in 52 weeks IS doable.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinnerinnerme View Post
So, I've always been one to wait until New Year's to make a goal or set a resolution. However, the holidays are just too much of an excuse to overeat. My plan this year is to set a goal that I will begin working towards today and hope to reach by next year, the day before Thanksgiving.

So, my goal is to lose 55 pounds. Totally doable in 52 weeks right? I am going to keep checking in here with the buddies I've made. I'm going to focus on one change at a time starting with being more aware of what I am eating. This is a great time to start a goal because if I can be good at the holidays, I can make it anytime!!!

Anyone else care to set a goal to work towards over the next year. Start today!!!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Great goal...and think about how fab you will look at next year's holiday bashes!

I'm trying to avoid scale number goals, other than 2 pounds a month...but my goal for next year is to be in a smaller size than I am today. I'm in a smaller size than last year...two New Years in smaller sizes would be a world record for me!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #4  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

Excellent goal and very doable!
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:13 AM   #5  

My goal is a little different, because something that long term will always result (with me) in procrastination. But, under the same idea, my goal is to lose five pounds a month until June 2009.
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote