Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

last minute entry here...did our 5k up the mountain with dh, the mutt, my sister, BIL and there mutt...it was a wonderful day in atlanta.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:34 PM   #17  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi EZ! Hope you and the family are enjoying your day.

I completed a 4 mile very brisk walk on a cool but not frigid Vermont day. It was great to get outside!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

The pups and I did our 5k at the park this morning while the turkey was cooking. They pooped out and had their nap before the turkey once we got home!

Thanks EZ!
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:08 PM   #19  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Well the race was a bit chilly - this pic is of me ducking inside a building to warm up before we started.
I didn't know there would be 2000 other crazy people running with me!! Biggest race I have ever done!

fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:35 PM   #20  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

OUTSTANDING!

I am so proud of all of you!

Angie and I had a great Turkey Trot...if you don't consider our time which was around 54 minutes.

It was pouring rain here off and on, we debated on taking the dogs or not. We did and we did not get rained on but we went off in a race before the one for locals, which most of our friends run in. We were trying to time the rain because according to the weather report there were two heavy waves coming with a break in between....actually both the big races (5,000 runners total) were pretty much rain free.

We stayed at the back of the race with the other dog walkers, visited with friends as we passed, stopped to let kids pet the girls and went to the car when we got close to drop off our ponchos we didn't need. I wouldn't say that we cruised and walked leisurely but we chose to have fun and not wear our race faces

A great way to spend the Thanksgiving morning!

I want to thank you all for joining the race here and doing something good for yourselves. This morning as we were trying to figure out what race to take off for (the course is only 5 miles from us) Angie and I talked about how about 11 years ago not only would I not have entered a race to walk or run 3.1 miles there is no way I would have braved the weather we had this morning to do it.

My point of these 5K's is to give all of us a goal...minor as it is...3.1 miles...to keep shooting for...little things that #1 Keep us from returning to bad choices and #2 Creating new and fun things to do that we may never would have done before

Angie and I left the house at 6:20....walked at least 4 miles with the race and trip to and from the car...had a nice coffee break after the race at a local coffee shop and were back home by 8:45....the football games weren't even on yet!

I hope the choice you all made to do a 5K today was worth it!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 09:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'3"

38 min 54 seconds. I improved my time!
Nancy7189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:18 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Yay everybody!!!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:36 AM   #23  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

36:33 here and quite happy with that for my first 5K race Lake Norman Turkey Trot. My only real goal was to jog the whole way without stopping to walk and I accomplished that Next time the goal will be of course to lower my time!

Congrats everyone - such awesome healthy choices going on!
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

outstanding Ladies!
Old 11-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Here's another chickie who didn't sign up but ran anyway.

DS, DH and I did the Turkey Trot in Rancho Mirage yesterday. It rained the whole time, but it was fun and beautiful (and the course was a little easier than last year on El Paseo). They didn't have a clock this time, and I didn't have a watch, so I really don't know my time. They took our bib tags and stapled them to cards which makes me think they'll post the times, but as of yet they haven't. But guessing? I'm going to say it took us about 40 minutes. I'm sadly out of shape and couldn't run as much as I hoped (and I'm quite sore this morning).

But the good news? Dh figured out what the problem was with my new treadmill, so I can get on anytime and work out this soreness!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:28 AM   #26  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Awesome ALLISON ~ Angie and I didn't get an official time either....we couldn't go down the final chute with the dogs so had to pull out about 50 yards short of the race. Didn't matter to us though.

How come DD and the "kidnapper" didn't join in?
Old 11-28-2008, 04:16 PM   #27  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I did it!!! Wasn't sure if my knee was going to hold up, but it did! I did mine to a watp dvd--it was cold and raining and well, I just didnt' want to go outside! I also didn't feel like driving to the gym, so that's the best I could do inside my house!

I am going to rest tonight and may attempt another tomorrow!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:46 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Awesome ALLISON ~ Angie and I didn't get an official time either....we couldn't go down the final chute with the dogs so had to pull out about 50 yards short of the race. Didn't matter to us though.

How come DD and the "kidnapper" didn't join in?
DD and the kidnapper had free tickets to go see The Australian Pink Floyd cover band at the Honda Center in Anaheim (where the Ducks play). The tickets were free and they could tell--they were the very highest row. But they said the show was awesome. They spent the night at the kidnapper's parent's house and DD came home for turkey. The kidnapper is coming here sometime soon to spend the weekend as tomorrow is DD's 18th birthday and we're having a huge BBQ for her and her friends.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Great job MJ! I hope the knee still feels good tomorrow!

Allison I have tailgated a time or two in the Honda Center but never for a hockey match....basketball (March Madness) UCLA games last year. Happy Birthday to DD...my knucklehead nephew turned 18 a few weeks ago at NAVY boot camp.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

#39 here!
Checking in to say that I did the trot this morning. My time was: 33.51 and as a virgin I am happy with that!

to all the trotters!!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote