Working out while sick?

• For the past few days I have come down with a cold, not too bad, but still a cold. I'm just curious if others still work out while sick. I'm doing the 30 day shred and I really do not want to miss more than a day. I mean I don't feel that bad, mainly a sore throat, a stuffy and runny nose. Not to mention I am also bloated since my TOM is around the corner lol.

So does anyone else work out while they're sick or do you just wait until you feel better?
  • I follow one rule - if my symptoms are neck level or higher (stuffy nose, headache, sinus pressure, sore throat) I exercise if I feel up to it. I don't push myself to exhaustion and I listen to my body and usually do a workout not as intense as I might otherwise.

If my symptoms venture below neck level (body aches, fever, chest cough, stomach symptoms) I rest until they subside.
  • I like mand's way on this. Don't push yourself and make things worse, but if you feel up to it, go for it. You can always stop mid-workout if you feel horrible.
  • I'm pretty much with Manda on this one.

I sorta subscribe to the rules my mom had about going to school: If I have a fever, am throwing up, or in pain, (or if I think I might be contagious) I don't go to the gym. If I'm just feeling crappy, have a head cold, have cramps, whatever, I go.

• Thanks everyone! I think I will workout then since the rest of my body feels ok. I just wanted to make sure. =)