My Goal

• When I first started Weight Watchers and first came here...I thought a do-able goal would be 180. After being here for a bit more than a week and reading all of the powerful 100+ weight loss stories, I've rethought my goal.

I believe I can lose the full 100lbs. I'd like to think I could do it quickly but I know 2 lbs a week average is safe and achievable.

My Goal is to get to 153.5 (Just cause it's an even 100 from where I started).

240 Jan 1
    224 Mar 1
    208 May 1
    192 July 1 (Hello Onederland!!!)
    176 Sep 1
    160 Nov 1
    153.5 Jan 1, 2010

I look forward to being here the full 20 days so I can get a ticker for my goal!
  • You can do it, Michelle!

I've been thinking about my long term goal, too, and I'm going to break it into monthly increments, as well, for motivation!

Best wishes!
  • Hi Michelle,

You can do it, and I'm sure you'll do it

Just my 2 cents..setup monthly targets not by the amount of weight you'd lose rather by the amount of exercise you'll do & the no. of calories you'll take in. I'm sharing this because I did the same when I started and got frustrated when I didn't see the scale moving the way I wanted...I setup the goals on how much I'd lose every week & then every month..unfortunately the weight loss doesn't happens as you think or assume on the plain 3500 calories burnt theory..your body may exhibit slow losses during some months, plateaus and then you may feel like giving up...if you change it to the other way i.e. on the basis of exercises & calories you'll do & take you'll have better chances to achieve your goals on scale too.

I'm on a plateau currently..and I've learnt that the best thing to do is to keep counting your exercise minutes and calories and ensure that you do meet these targets..this way you keep moving even though you may feel little annoyed when you don't see the scale moving, you'd still not give up.