3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I did something scary today (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/156211-i-did-something-scary-today.html)

Nichole28 11-12-2008 02:20 PM

I did something scary today

I took a pic of me in my bra and undies today LOL. I think it will give me a good idea of my actual size and not just what I see in the mirror. I also have a hard time seeing my progress well because I do see me every day. I am going to take a pic like this month a month so I can keep track of what is going on and so I can see the difference if there is any :) I hope this will help me with some motivation, that pic sure was scary LOL

UrsusMaritimus 11-12-2008 02:26 PM

You are one brave chicky!!! I think if I were to do that, I would just go whole hog and take nude pics - mainly because I think I look better naked than in my underwear. ;)

Nichole28 11-12-2008 02:29 PM

The boobs look better in a bra than just on their own LOL. I think I would have been more scared to do it naked then with some kind of clothes on, and what if I wanted to share my pics LOL.

econ nerd 11-12-2008 02:29 PM

That is a good (but frightening) idea!

I think what triggered me into getting back on a healthy road was seeing myself neked in front of a large hotel bathrrom mirror :o Not pretty! I don't have any large mirrors at home so it was scarey to see myself in this mirror...

I still need to get some monthly photos taken of me in a bathing suit (or bra and undies) to keep track of changes.

Nichole28 11-12-2008 02:31 PM

Mirrors just don't cut it for me, I see myself all the time and think yeah ok I am fat but I don't look that bad LOL. But a pic doesn't lie, doesn't sugar coat things LOL. I think this will really help me stay motivated because I really don't want to look like this forever. I spent my 20's fat, I am going to be 30 next year and I don't want to spend my 30's fat

ddc 11-12-2008 02:35 PM

Good for you on your success so far.

Hey, what ever visual you need is good. Just don't let it get into the wrong hands-lol!

Here's to your continued success :)

Nichole28 11-12-2008 02:36 PM

yeah wrong hands would be bad LOL, and thanks :)

JulieJ08 11-12-2008 02:41 PM

Congrats on your courage! I've been thinking it's time to do that, since at this weight the changes are more subtle. Maybe buy a bikini swimsuit to do it in. I'm size 10 now, and I don't think my size 18-ish tank and sweats are going to show any changes anymore! I definitely agree - the problem with naked is no chest support :o.

jmb1981 11-12-2008 02:58 PM

i did that last week! oh my, pics don't lie! i did a front, side, and back view. not the most flattering thing to do! i definitely agree that looking in a mirror and looking at a picture are two completely different things! i plan to do it monthly to show progress.

MotoMichelle 11-12-2008 03:34 PM

I did this too so you're not alone!

I've been taking pictures of myself in bra/sport bra and shorts since about 230 lbs. I have a hard time seeing my progress at times, but if I compare these photos it's there. :D

misspiggy408 11-12-2008 04:19 PM

That's an awesome idea! I think i'm going to do that whe I get home from work today. Actually seeing progress is a good way to stay motivated!

AngelMae 11-12-2008 05:42 PM

That is great! You are very brave, but I think its a really good idea and I might try it! :)

Tomato 11-13-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nichole28 (Post 2449887)
The boobs look better in a bra than just on their own LOL. I think I would have been more scared to do it naked then with some kind of clothes on, and what if I wanted to share my pics LOL.

I am totally with you on this one. I was actually thinking about doing the same (taking a pic in my bra) - unfortunately, I don't own any bikini and I am in my second week of Body For Life, so I need to take pictures to have a comparison after 12 weeks. An option I am considering is to use a tank top with the belly portion rolled up and folded in. I have two black bras but both have seen better days - I bought some new ones (since my boobs shrank) but they are white or pink.

Hey, are you going to share your pictures with us?;)

shaunabear 11-13-2008 12:55 PM

I did the same thing. I keep them in my food journal which also doubles as a journal for my weight loss. Every month on the 23rd I take a side picture and a front picture in just my bra and undies and put them in my journal. Of course I don't let anyone look through it. Although I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to anyway after knowing what it is. LOL.

I think it will keep me motivated since like you said Nichole you see yourself everyday so you don't notice as much of a difference. So far even without pictures though, I can tell where I have lost some weight.

I just want to, one day, be able to take an "after" photo of myself.

erinmagill 11-13-2008 02:55 PM

Thats such a great idea! I wish I had the courage to do that!