Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #1  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Default What's the weirdest thing you've done to stay on plan?

Yesterday, I was packing up a tote bag with cereal, oatmeal and other "quick" items that are OK on my plan. The idea is to keep it my trunk, so that when I'm at my mother's house I won't dive into a bowl (or three) or Lucky Charms.

Then, I was struck by how WEIRD it is to carry around a carton of shelf stable soy milk and a box of Kashi.

Does anyone else do really "strange" things?
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:53 AM   #2  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Hmmm, I don't do anything like that but I don't find that strange. I find that smart. If you know where your weaknesses lie (cereal at moms) then cut the temptation off at the pass. Smart thinking and planning I would say. Good job!
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #3  

Height: 5,1"

I take a cereal bar on nights out so if i get a bit too drunk, i wont be tempted to have cheesy fries on the way home. Although sometimes cheesy fries are so much more tempting than a cereal bar at 3am after a night of cocktails...
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I think someone here (Meg?) carries a baked sweet potato around in her purse just in case she has a snack attack.

I keep cans of V8 in my car for snack attacks. Don't know how much that qualifies as weird, but I have friends who think it's gross that I drink V8 warm.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

I pack food for trips or just going out for the afternoon. Just in case I can't find what I need to eat. Some people think it's strange, but I don't care LOL!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #6  
DaniGirl

S/C/G: 243.2/218.9/150

Height: 5'3

I think packing snacks is a great idea to stay on plan!

Now this is going to sound gross, but I had to do it. I was craving a cinnamon bun, so I ate it but didn't swallow. I would take a bite and chew it up then spit it out. I got the taste but wasn't completely bad. Now that is weird!!!
dnm801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:58 AM   #7  

Height: 5,1"

I have been known to do that with chocolate. But then i read an article about how it is really bad for you because when u have food in your mouth and are chewing, your stomach expects food to arrive and releases more acid or something ( im rather clueless when it comes to biology...) and therefor is really bad for your stomach. I may be totally wrong but i did read something like that somewhere!!
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #8  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

I took my scale with me on vacation. Just knowing where I'm at helps me adjust my eating to compensate. But I was afraid that was a little obsessive .. (although it worked!)
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

I dont think that it is weird at all. I always have some sort of a snack in my car or especially in my purse. My family is known for shopping too much and not eating enough. So I always carry a snack to keep me satisfied unitl we eat!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #10  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

i was thinking about buying a second food scale, a really small one, that would somehow fit in my purse. haven't actually bought it yet, because i'm thinking that's a little over the edge. am i planning on pulling it out in restaurants and meetings at work and weighing my apples??? and now that i've finally got my dream purse (my butler bag - reward for FINALLY getting under 180) where the heck would a scale go? but then i wonder, is that apple 200 grams? or 220? maybe 250? if i knew for sure, my calorie count for the day would be more accurate. i'm getting really anal retentive about logging!

Last edited by kuhljeanie; 11-04-2008 at 12:55 PM.
kuhljeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #11  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhljeanie View Post
am i planning on pulling it out in restaurants and meetings at work and weighing my apples???
This made me srsly LoL. Kinda sounds like something I would do. When I go out to a "big portion" restaurant, sometimes I'll ask for an extra kids cup to measure out portions. ><
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 168/144.8/115

Height: 4'11''

I don't think it is weird! You are very smart.

When I go for walks and to the bookstore I leave my wallet at home. No money=no impulse snacks.
kamesennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/142/110

Height: 5'1

When I'm eating out and I get full but keep picking at the food becase its there and its yummy, I start dumping loads of salt all over it to make me stay out of it.
My hubby says " just don't eat it".
He obviously doesn't have a control problem with his food.
Luckymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I've definitely chewed food and then spit it out before swallowing it.

I rarely leave the house without a bag full of washed and trimmed string beans. I don't want to get caught somewhere with the munchies and have to rely on what's offered out there in the "real" world. Think - Snickers bars, donuts, muffins, etc...

I've run food under the faucet to render it inedible. Couldn't rely on just throwing it in the garbage.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I've chewed food and spat it out before swallowing it, too!

I've thrown perfectly good food away and then poured something really gross into the trash can so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it.

I've poured food down the garbage disposal and ground it up so I wouldn't eat any more.

I bring veggies to work to snack on while everyone else is eating chips and crackers, but that's not weird; it's just dedicated.

If I have something tempting lying around and think throwing it away could be wasteful, I try to kindly pawn it off on someone else who may enjoy it without worrying about weight.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote