Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Shout out to 3FC Members

Every now and then I want to give a shout out to someone on the board just because. I know it makes my day to see something happy posted and especially to see something happy about me. So here's *my* shout out for today - I hope others will join in.

Rebecca (raw23): I noticed a few weeks ago that she takes the time to respond to as many "introduction" and "I'm new" posts as she can. I am lazy about that myself, but I also know how much hearing "welcome" can mean to someone new. So I think she should get kudos for it!

Who's next??

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #2  
FB

I'd like to shout out Beverlyjoy like everyday! She's got such an upbeat, calm and positive attitude that's infectious. She always knows the right thing to type/say.

Shout out to you too for a great thread idea!
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Smile

Wow! Thank you so much, PC! That means the world to me! You really made my day.

I want to send a shout out right back to you! You're always so helpful, patient, and knowelegable when answering questions. People even post thank you's just to you! I owe A LOT of what I know now to you.
Thank you!
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:58 PM   #4  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

I'd like to give four 3FC shout outs to Reda (reda355), Holly (VermontMom), Jill (flsunbkd) and Gina (chick_in_the_hat) for creating and keeping the Chicks on Motorcycles place as a cool, very supportive and much needed thread for rider chicks like us here on 3FC. Thanks Ladies!!! *hugs*

Last edited by SBD Sass; 11-04-2008 at 01:58 PM.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #5  

Height: 5,1"

I want to shout out to Shell, she is awesome and always keeps me on track, i wouldnt be where i am without her!! you are my rock, chica!
Cat
x
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I'll give a shout to YOU, PhotoChick, for always offering your honest and informative opinions. Your posts are always well thought out and fun to read.

A shout goes to JayEll for always making me laugh and being one of the first people to welcome me to 3FC. Oh, and the fact she calls me hot gives her more brownie points, too!

To Gary/EZMONEY for also always making me laugh and being incredibly supportive of everyone.

To Meg and Robin for being a couple of my first ever maintenance heroes - reading their stories and seeing their pictures really motivated me when I first started losing weight.

To SoulBliss, for not being afraid to be politically incorrect while still offering lots of support and insight.

I'm sure there are more, too...
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

A shout out to JayEll and Kaplods for being so patient...and reminding us over and over of the basics...it takes time, we'll make mistakes, we don't have to be all or none.

To Photochick, for much of the same, plus for watching to catch the good and starting this shoutout thread.

To Avi and Lyn for being so honest and willing to struggle publicly.

And to all of you for sticking with it...even in the hard times. For looking at yourselves and helping me look at myself. For commiting to change and to community.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

kaplods also... for being so insightful and having such an intuitive grasp on human nature.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

To Kaplods, for explaining weight loss basics and unique ideas over and over again, even if she's done so 100 times before, so people can really get the help they need, and for providing insightful opinions on controversial topics without getting people riled up.

To JuneBug41, who was the one of the VERY FIRST people to welcome me to 3FC, and provided me with invaluable information about white water rafting to boot.

To Fiberlover, who is so helpful and encouraging.

Another one to Raw23 for the welcomes - we have the Welcome Wagon, but its a BIG job and we like to get people welcomed by as many people as possible. I think it makes a big difference in terms of who sticks around.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6.5

What a great idea!

FB is mine. I'm always looking for her postings and she makes me want to try harder. Always has useful advice and literally has turned into my idol on here with her weight loss!

Photochick is another one! I love her blog and how she is always so honest with people who are being....well, silly.

And Jelbb...I feel like I'm trying to catch up to her and frequently think about getting to her weight and competing with her.

Last edited by JamieJo; 11-04-2008 at 03:36 PM.
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #11  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

A shout out to you Photochick for being ever thoughtful and plain old fun to read.

And another shout out to JulieJ08 and Midwife who always has a kind and well thought out post to read.

and to all the 3fc chicks in this joint whom I enjoy oh so regularly.

Oh, yes.. cannot forget Tyler Durden who was very present at the beginning of my journey. I always enjoy you too!

Last edited by kittycat40; 11-04-2008 at 03:34 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:42 PM   #12  
Intuitive Eater

OK, I've got a few I'd like to share.

Kudos to Enygirl for being a fun and encouraging thread leader!

Kudos to Doragone for being so sweet and supportive!

And kudos to rmc9142 for being so thoughtful and kind!

You gals are terrific!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Sooo many! I can't even remember how long Meg, Mel and Ilene have been my heroes.

And what about that Midwife? So balanced and smart.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
To JuneBug41, who was the one of the VERY FIRST people to welcome me to 3FC, and provided me with invaluable information about white water rafting to boot.
Again, I am so, so, so sorry about that

To Midwife who always makes a point to encourage and re-assure me and is *truly* always right. Seriously. The woman knows all.

Herewegoagain, who never comes out of the 20-Somethings (but should!) because, well, I think she's just awesome (and quite strong to boot).
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #15  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

A big shout out and lots of love to:

Sandi, my special 100 lb club buddy
PhotoChick and SoulBliss, who have no issues with being straightforward when necessary
kaplods, always with lots of wisdom and patience
famogram, what a sweet soul!
Midwife, whom I like to use as a medical reference LOL
SusanB, I've always enjoyed reading her posts!
Jillybean720, a very bright young lady who's going places!
EZMoney, who always makes me laugh
JayEll, whose spirituality I admire
Barbygirl43 (Dawnyal), who, in spite of having four children, a husband and a career, can find time to exercise!
Meg, RockinRobin, Nelie and Mandalinn, awesome examples of livin' the thin life!

Wow, I could go on and on....I'll probably come back and edit this post a few times!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote