Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 11:48 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #159

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 04-22-2002, 12:06 PM   #2  

Question I have a suggestion....

Often we lose some of our precious friends here because we don't know how to get a hold of you.
I would like to suggest that we keep a phone book or address book or something so we can keep in touch.

I would be more than happy to keep a "PRIVATE" phone and/or phone list of all of us. That way when someone disappears... we can call and see if it is only out of embarrassment of going off program.. or see if it is from a death in the family... or heaven forbid.... our own death. ...

I often wondered if your family members would know to write us.. or how to contact us in case of one of our deaths. I know that sounds morbid... but I really do care about all of you. You have become an extended family to me.
My daughter knows how to get on this site and let you know... so if I should die... she will write you. (of course if we die together.. you are out of luck.. lol)

Anyway... I suggest we can send our phone numbers, or address, or email address to me or someone else via the "private message" option ....that way we can be sure you are okay.
I PROMISE I will NOT give out this info to anyone.
I PROMISE I will NOT bug you. I would only call to be sure you want us to leave you alone. LOL

This is obviously only a suggestion. No one is required to do so.
I only know that we are all concerned about Tina... and have been just concerned about others we have missed. I only wish we had their numbers or private email addresses to check on their well being.

Anyway.. it is just an idea.
I know I protect my anonymity and do not want my info on the internet for all to see... but I have sent my phone number to a dear cyber friend here and hope you all do the same.
Again.. I will keep us a phone book if you want to send to me... but if not... please send it to someone... or teach your family how to let us know if you are hospitalized or something.
YOU REALLY ARE FAMILY TO US HERE.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:38 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

Good afternoon...I am here right now because I want to eat again! No I'm not hungry..I just want to eat!!!

I sent my info to 2Cute and I hope you all will do the same. I wouldn't mind anyone calling me to check up on me!!

I had a great lunch today. I used the beefsteak lite rye 2 slices for 1 point, 4 T. LF hummus for 1 pt and lettuce and tomato for 0 pt and I had 15 FF pringle chips for 1 pt. Then....I discovered those PRIA powerbars, they are only 2 points each and they are far better than the WW bars. Its like eating a real candy bar with all the nutrients. Well worth the 2 pts especially the chocolate peanut one! Yummmmm.....the chocolate graham one was good too. I haven't tried the french vanilla one yet and I think there is something else I can't remember what. Old age setting in!

Well I better get going...I smell a stinky diaper!! Plus its nap time and the computer is in the baby's room!

I'll be back for sure! Michelle
Old 04-22-2002, 02:36 PM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello Ladies
Did you miss me?
I had to go into town and change a weed eater we bought.
I shopped at a new mall and bought two outfits.
I am real proud of myself I went to McAllesters Deli I had
a baked Pot stuffed with veggies and us tea.
I have a good punch recipe
Mock Champaign
1 lg. white grape juice
1 lg. pineapple juice
2 -2 ltr. bottles ginger ale
this makes a punch bowl full I used ginger ale to make an ice ring.
Old 04-22-2002, 02:46 PM   #5  
a work in progress...

Default Rainy days and Mondays...

Hey all...

Drizzly and dreary here today...our weather lately has been like riding a roller coaster, heat wave, cold wave, rain, wind...yesterday my son had a ball game scheduled for 5:30 pm, it started to drizzle around 4:30...never really got to the "call off the game" stage of rain, so I got to sit in a steady drizzle for about 3 innings... then the temp dropped a little more and the wind kicked in...I was trying to console myself with the fact that if it WAS cancelled, I'd be sweltering in the heat of late June at the make up game...ah well...

Welcome back, gals...we've been busy, haven't we? I was surprised to see "my" thread already filled!

2cute...morbid or not, it's good to be prepared, especially concerning people that you "know" but are not in the loop of notification, should something happen. Last year, we contracted a lovely young (34) man to re-do our bathroom and kitchen. I spent quite a lot of time with him, going to cabinet retailers and bathroom outlets, he was a pleasure to talk to and so helpful with clueless me. The work was slated to begin when we returned from vacation in July. I called him when we got home, to let him know we were ready...no answer...called again...no answer...after several phone calls, I was starting to get a little exasperated, never once thinking that something had happened. Finally, I got a call from his partner...he told me that Mike had died of a heart attack the week before. I was STUNNED. I felt as though I had lost a good friend. though I hadn't known him very long...all this is my way of saying, "Yes, I'll be happy to send you my number"...you just never know.

Wasn't Tina starting on a new shift? She was going to the day shift, I believe, she's probably getting adjusted to the flip flop of hours. I can't wait to go back to days.

Thin...hmmm...lots of exercise going to the 3rd floor, but I'll bet it wasn't the ONLY exercise!! Did you bring the silly string?

Lucky...good luck with the party...hmmm, Punch? This is what I came up with...I don't know if you want "spiked" or not,

1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
1 (46 fluid ounce) can apricot nectar
1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate
2 liters lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage

1 In a punch bowl combine pineapple juice, apricot nectar and limeade; finally, pour in the lemon-lime soda.
2. An ice ring, made of frozen juice or nectar will keep the punch cold without diluting it.

Theresa, get some rest, take your pills and get better!

Baylee...your version of the snow sounds lovely...did you take a picture?

Michelle...PLEASE post the muffin recipe...I muffins! The strawberry pie was very good! I had about 1 Tbsp of FF Cool Whip (0 pts) on top and it was very nice for only ONE point!! And I actually had only one point's worth of dessert! (BTW, use the small size boxes of pudding and gelatin)

Duckie...that hash brown casserole sounds ! Want to share? It must be wonderful to have such beautiful surroundings...I hope to move "into the woods" once the kids have both flown the coop...

Susie...sounds like you're on the right track...we won't always get this eating thing down "perfectly," but to have more good days than bad is a start.

Mary, you must be off to another meeting...

Malia...I missed Spongebob this am......dh let me jump right into bed after work and he did the before school routine...I do like my daily dose of Bikini Bottom wisdom!

Grizzlyschick, we didn't scare you off, did we? Don't feel like you have to do individual replies to EVERYONE...just jump in and tell us what's up with you!

Hi, Jen and Andria!

I'll be shocked if this isn't bumped for length...better "copy" first...there's NO WAY I'm typing all this again!

Have a good one, gals...see you later...
Old 04-22-2002, 02:53 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

Exclamation Thought for Motivational Monday...

"Life itself is the proper binge."
~Julia Child
Old 04-22-2002, 04:24 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

Question Weird...

I just got a notification in my email that QueenBhas replied to 3FC thread, 300+...#159, etc...Happily, I opened it up, and it brought me back to the last post...mine!
...cue the "Twilight Zone' music...doo doo doo doo...doo doo doo doo...

yoo hoo! Tina, where ARE you???
Old 04-22-2002, 06:44 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

Tina please come out and tell us you are ok!!

I made that diet cola cake today. To be honest with you for 4 points the serving size isn't all that big. But with a spoon of ff cool whip it will surely satisfy a sweet tooth! I did ok so far today. I used 19 points between breakfast, lunch and snacking and now I am having a 2 pt dinner. Grilled chicken breast and a plate full of veggies. I will bank 13 points if thats all I eat for the rest of the night. I did Journal today, just have to write in my dinner that I am eating right now. And I did my water for the day and I'm working on more too.

Kat I will post that muffin recipe right after this post. Its really good. I snacked on one this afternoon! Couldn't resist! I am going to make the strawberry pie tonight. I got the small boxes but it looked like by your recipe I needed a bigger box of something. You are good...I would have eaten at least half the pie!

Mary good job on the lunch. It takes practice but we can all do it!!

Grizzlyschick...where are you? Come back and tell us more about yourself and how your days are going. Like Kat said...you don't have to post individually. Just pop in and talk to us!

I have to get my baby boy ready for bed. He is getting tired. Hopefully he will go to bed before 8 and I can take a shower and relax tonight!

Have a great night!
Michelle
Old 04-22-2002, 06:55 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

FANTASTIC FRUIT MUFFINS

3/4 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 Tablespoons plus 1/2 teaspoons applesauce or apple butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 egg whites
1 cup finely chopped fresh pears ( about 1 1/2 med)
1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
1/3 cup raisins

Combine milk and oats and soak for at least 5 minutes. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder and mix well. Add milk/oat mixture, egg whites, vanilla, applesauce and pears until just moistened. Fold in cranberries and raisins. Coat muffin tin with nonstick spray. Fill 3/4 full with batter. Bake 350* for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before removing muffins.

Makes 12 muffins
2 points per muffin

NOTE: I couldn't find cranberries fresh or frozen so I used frozen raspberries and it was really good. I am sure you can use whatever fruit you have on hand. Maybe apples, strawberries, peaches, nectarines etc etc etc. I also used orange extract instead of vanilla. I couldn't find my vanilla!!

ENJOY!
Old 04-22-2002, 08:20 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone

I'm still a bit under the weather, but wanted to drag myself off the couch to check in on everyone!

2 cute- I think your idea is wonderful! Even though I've only been around for a short while, you all do feel like family to me!! I will be sending you my info via private message.

I'm pretty drowsy, so I'm not going to respond to everyone, but I wanted you all to know you are in my thoughts! The doctor told me to drink plenty of fluids,,,,the only problem I have with that, is how in the world do you drink plenty of fluids when the medication makes you sleep so much? I agree about an ear infection being painful...I have a high pain tolerance, BUT this puts me in tears at times!! I sure hope the antibiotics kick in SOON!!!

Quickly I have a very easy punch recipe...and it is always a hit when we have any type of baby shower, or bridal shower!!! And the best thing about it is it is versatile and will fit almost any color scheme!!! Not to mention it is very YUMMY!!

All you do is......pick the flavor of sherbet you want....keep in mind the color of the sherbet will be the color of the punch....place the container of sherbet in your punch bowl....and pour lemon lime flavored soda over it....and stir it....it will be frothy.....it's easy to replenish the punch bowl,,,just add more lemon lime soda as you need it, and when the sherbet is completely melted, add more sherbet. My personal favorite is lime sherbet !!!!

Well girls,,,,I'm going back to the couch....I will check in with you all tomorrow!!!

Theresa
Old 04-22-2002, 10:10 PM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs up I am an evil cyberfriend......

My wonderful, sweet, precious, adoring.......best friends in all the world cyber family......I am HERE, and I am fine. I was going to tell you guys I would be going away, but it happened a little quicker than what I thought, and I was gone longer than I thought, and my very rude, obnoxious, hateful fat butt did not have the common decency to hop on the computer for just a few minutes to tell you guys I would be back and not to worry. FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART-I AM SOOO SOOO SORRY! I haven't read all of the two or three threads that I missed while I was gone, but I did skim over them, and I swear to you............I started bawling. I couldn't believe (although I should have known) how concerned and worried about me you guys were. I am soooo sorry to have made you worry. That was so inconsiderate of me. I truly truly apologize. Well, without further rambling, I went to Talladega for the race weekend. As most of you guys know, I am an avid Nascar fan, and we've had tickets for the Sunday race for quite awhile, but at the last minute, we decided to leave Friday afternoon, to go down for qualifying and then stay on & watch the Busch race on Saturday and then go onto the Winston cup one on Sunday. We left early Friday afternoon and my hubby kept hollering, "Come on........come on! We've got to go." As a matter of a fact, I cut the computer on and told him that I needed to post a quick message to let you guys know I would be gone for a couple of days, so no one would worry, and he said, "No way! When you get on that computer......especially your 3FC board, you never get off!" And honestly, although my dh has a brain, yet seldom uses it...........he was right. So, I just clicked the computer off and ran out the door. I got really sunburned while I was down there and you know the sun will zap your energy like everything, so I laid around most of the day today to try to recuperate if at all possible and got on the computer just a little while ago. How awful I felt to find out you guys have been so worried about me. DH said, "Gosh, that is so amazing. They care so much about you." And I said, "Yes, they do!!!! And the next time we head out somewhere, I WILL LET THEM KNOW!" And he totally agreed. I don't think I can post it enough. I'm sorry....I'm sorry....I'm sorry.....I'm sorry......I'm sorry.....I'm sorry...I'm sorry.....I'm sorry.....I'm sorry......I'm sorry.....I'm sorry.....I'm sorry......I AM SO SORRY FOR WORRYING YOU SO MUCH AND I SWEAR......IF I EVER LEAVE AGAIN, YOU GUYS WILL KNOW. Also, 2cute: I will be sending you my complete name, email address and phone number.....and don't worry, I trust you completely.

Ok, having said that, (and I hope you forgive me) food has been ok. Just ok. You know how hard it is to try to maintain control. I did the best I could under the circumstances. Have you ever tried to look for a low fat sandwich or meal at a southern racetrack? Impossible!!! I couldn't figure out the point value on some of the things that I ate, but whatever I did eat, I ate in moderation and drank a TON of water! I did feel real bad today though and didn't go to WI (not Wisconsin) and honestly, I will really buckle down on myself for the rest of the week and go next Monday.

I wish I had time to reply to each one of you individually, but to be honest, I really need to go back and read all the posts. As you might have guessed, I am a little behind!
I love you all dearly and you are so precious for worrying about me. Once again, I promise, I will never ever leave you again without telling you where I'm going. You have my word. You are all my guardian angels and I love you so much.

Here is a picture of me before I left for the race.........

Last edited by QueenB; 04-22-2002 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 10:23 PM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Thumbs up Ok, that didn't work.........

Let's try again.......

Last edited by QueenB; 04-23-2002 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:42 PM   #13  

Angry not much time.....

I am so happy to see you are safe and sound Tina.
I did think there was a possibilty you went out of town... but I was more worried that something bad had happened. I am so glad you were just out enjoying LIFE.
Your photo was great. I am sure that had nascar stuff on your shirt. Cool What a lovely lady you are.

All of those recipes sounds soooo good. My printer won't print so I am making a note that this thread is full of recipes so I can come back and print them. Theresa.. I make that same punch for showers all the time... but mine says NOT to stir. Mine says to let sherbert set in liquid for 15 minutes before serving. Lime is also my favorite. I will try to find some more good recipes.

I have recieved several of your addresses and phone numbers.
I am going in the morning and get a special phone book just for my cyber family.
I am also going to make a phone book for just us in my new computer... if I ever get it set up.
My daughter is coming home for 4 days the beginning of May... so I don't have too long to wait.
I will be busy trying to get my room done until then anyways.

I wish I had more time to reply to everyone. I just don't .
I am enclosing a get well card for Theresa... I HATE ear aches.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-22-2002 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2002, 06:40 AM   #14  
I'm on my way!

OMG Tina you are so BEAUTIFUL !!!!
I am just so glad you are ok. All kinds of things were going through my head! I too am glad you were just out enjoying yourself! Phew! You had me worried!!

2Cute...I forgot to give you my email address. You all can feel free to email me too! I love getting email! It is [email protected]

I have to get off of here and get my bathroom cleaned. John has a couple of guys coming over to help pour the cement for the slab for the new shed. And I have to get Andrew fed and dressed and myself and get him to gymboree. WOuld you believe I missed his saturday morning class? I can't believe I forgot all about it! We get to make it up though! I'll be back!

Michelle
Old 04-23-2002, 07:26 AM   #15  

Hi everyone,

2cute, good idea. I'll pm my email address to you. My family is clueless on how to turn on a computer let alone send a message on my whereabouts. Thanks for caring.

Theresa, I hope the antibiotics kicked in and are feeling better. Ouch that must have hurt. Take care.

I had a six hour nap after work. I've had a long busy day. I didn't do as well in the food department, but I did get my exercise in.

Instead of the computer on Sunday, I sewed a dress. It's calf length and made with a soft gray, green, and beige Hawaiian print. I got oodles of compliments today. It was very slimming. The only problem was the large scoop neckline. I kept checking for bra straps and cleavage. Customers could get an eyeful when I give back their change, as a result my arms were very short.

Dog training 101: Mikey's advancing to lie down. He has a problem with shoving his nose in the treat bag. I have to start to end the session right there.

To everyone, I hope everyone is on plan snow, rain, or sunshine.
Have a great day!
Malia
Closed Thread