Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 05:54 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #170

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday..... Weigh ins / Wacky/ Way to go Wednnesday
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 05-16-2002, 06:20 PM   #2  

Wink Howdy !!!

Well friends... I have been very very busy all day.
I have bought sooooo much food I could feed an army.
I always buy too much when we have get togethers and camping.

I want to be sure that everyone saw Kats post on page 2 of the last thread. if you didn't.. go back and be sure to read it.

I don't have time to post. I am busy cooking and packing.
I wish I didn't have to cook dinner for DH tonight.
I want to just work... I hate having to stop to feed him... I would be happy with a bowl of cereal... but he is a meat and potato man.

If I can I will post before I leave. It just depends if DH is home or not.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:30 PM   #3  

Good afternoon Lady's

I was just posting and hit a button on the keyboard, and everything I just typed disappeared, weird. Anyways, I finally caught up on all the post's, but really can't remember what I read, Oh well hope your all doing better than me, me actually I haven't done to bad, I haven't lost anything but I haven't gained either. I haven't been on OP for about a month, will have to recommit and get my but in gear.

I'm so excited DF gets his first paycheck from his new job today, not that I get to spend it on anything other than bills, but It sure does relieve the stress. I'll go grocery shopping tomorrow and stock up on all the diet food I haven't been able to buy lately, and start losing again.

Well I called the Brick (where I got my bed from) and there going to send some wooden flats to go across my bed frame as well as I'm sending the boxspring back and they will have to decide if it's fixable or if they'll replace it, don't know how long that will take but, I can wait, as long as they do something.

Michelle im going to try your muffins they sound good, a quick fix for breakfast, as I'm out of the door by 6:30 am.

Have any of you ever heard of Trichotillomania if not look it up, it's a compulsive behaviour disorder, anyways I have it and it makes me sick, ( not physically ) I'm really struggling with it right now, it's almost worse than having this weight problem, and it's embarrasing and I don't know how to control it. If any of you have ever heard of it or knows someone with it, i'd sure like to see ifyou have any good tips on how to control it.

You know it was really hard for me to admitt to you guys, that I have this disorder, my family know's about it but I don't think they know the full detail's and I just my self have been looking up on the internet lately and discovering more about it, and it's only makeing me more depressed, there's no cure. Ahhhhh I just want to scream.

Enough, I don't feel like babbling anymore.
Have a great day
Old 05-16-2002, 10:43 PM   #4  

Hi everyone,

Training is going just fine. She's a quick learner. She takes notes and next day bombards me with questions. Tomorrow, she'll be flying solo. I'll be monitoring her for the next 2 1/2 days. I feel relieved. There's always the unknown. Will I clash, will I remember. On and on. She comes in with much knowledge being a collector. If I was training a newbie, it would be gruelling. Still, my vocal chords and neck hurt and I sleep early.

Tonight, my reward is.....Star Wars. Yippee. I got tickets to the 7:30 show. I'll stand in line at about 5:30. Will let you know if it's a thumbs up or down.

Back to exercising. Yesterday, TOM dried up. Today lifted weights and I spotted some. Bizarre creature is TOM.

Have a great Friday.
Malia
Old 05-16-2002, 11:55 PM   #5  

I hope no one takes offense but I am not reading this thread until I get back from my trip. I am writing off line just so I can VENT !!!! I am soooo frustrated !!!!!

I had sooo much work to do today and tonight to be ready to leave first thing in the morning. Well, I have had company alllllllll evening. I know this is shallow of me... I should be glad to have people come over... but now it is 11pm and I have not gotten to do a darn thing to get ready. Grrrrr

I am tired and hot and frustrated !!! I would leave it till morning... but my husband wants to leave ASAP. Obviously he will have to wait if I am not ready. He will then be frustrated too.
Yes, yes.... I know.... make HIM do some of this work. I can hear all of you now.
But you see.... he works long hours everyday... and I stay home. I could have had "some" of it done earlier. But cooking and grocery shopping you can't do too early.

Okay, as they say....
"If you can't change a situation.... then accept it"

Now that I have got to whine a bit I will just do what I can...
I will accept that we will leave a little later than planned.
I will "patiently" allow my husband to be frustrated without my snide comments. LOL
I will make the best of a bad situation.

Thanks for listening. I do feel better getting it off my chest.
and again... I apologize for not reading until I get back.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:25 AM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I have just had a wonderful evening! DS went off to his night class and honey said 'meet me in the shower', I'll bring home dinner. So I did and he did. It was nice to spend a couple of hours alone together. He brought Subway so it 'could keep' til we were ready to eat..........dinner! Too much information?????

I had to do trailer checks for Star Wars today. I really don't get much into the Sci Fi stuff so when I was finished with my job, I splurged and stayed at the theatre and saw Unfaithful with Diane Lane and Richard Gere (hubba hubba!) and whoever it was that played the 'lover' (YUM!). I didn't like how it ended, but it had some pretty HOT love scenes in it.

Katrina: I love Sister Act as well. My mother actually has two sisters that became nuns. One passed a long time ago from pneumonia. She was young. They were/are School Sisters of Notre Dame. When they took their final vows they were given names by the convent. It wasn't until later years, when they didn't wear habits as often, that my Aunt has gone back to her own name.

2cute: I hope you have a really enjoyable trip. It sounds like going away is alot of work. You'll need the rest after all the cooking you've been doing.

Duckie: I didn't have the vaguest idea what Trichotillomania was. So I did a search on Yahoo. I'm really sorry that you have this. It does say the removing Stress from your life is a prevention. Think that will happen any time soon??? I hope now that DF is getting a paycheck that your money situation will ease up and maybe some of the Trichotillomania will too.

Malia: I'm so glad the training is going better than you expected. It's always nice to be pleasantly surprised.

Well girls, it's almost 12:30 AM my time so I'm going to hit the hay. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 05-17-2002 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-17-2002, 07:34 AM   #7  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Day 4 OP

I am off to work at the Downtown Hoedown Festival, but wanted to post that I stayed OP yesterday. Banked over 4 points and 1.5 exercise points. This weekend I have to work the festival also, so my posting will be very limited, if at all.

Wish me luck with weigh in tomorrow....

Have a great weekend.
Old 05-17-2002, 08:25 AM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello all
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I went to see may daughter and grandson. She had me a bag full of mothers day gifts and the most wonderful card.

I work today and have a day full of meetings tomorrow.
Some one called me last night and asked if I would consider being President of The American Legion Axcillery and I flately said NO. I do not want it. I have enough to do that I don't get help with.

Food is ok I did eat two cookies last night they were so good.

well I'm off to eat breakfast and go to work. see all of you later.
Old 05-17-2002, 09:31 AM   #9  
a work in progress...

Smile TGIF!

Good morning. gals!

I have to get to bed soon, my only sleep yesterday was from about 5-10 pm... I never did get dinner, so my points were very low yesterday! I had a salad at work and a container of yogurt...I guess that would be on today's points. (5) This morning, I made a shake...6 oz yogurt (2) 6 oz OJ (1) 3/4 cup blueberries (1) 1 jar baby carrots (0) 1 kiwi (1)...5 points
...lunch is already planned...
Boca burger,2...
light English muffin, 1...
lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup,0...
1 oz WOWs, 2...
carrots, radishes, celery, 0...
1% milk, 2...................
Not sure of dinner yet, but I should be covered with the 11-16 points I have left! I'm psyched!

Thin...way to go, girl!
2cute...have fun...hope you can relax,eventually!
Duckie...good luck to you, hon...I read about the disorder...have you been on meds? Maybe a combination af meds and behavior modification...I wish you the best in overcoming this.
Malia...the boys saw Attack of the Cloneslast night...dh said it was good...didn't RAVE about it, but they enjoyed it...
Susie, I KNOW you will have a great weigh in...I can't wait to hear how well you've done!

Hi to everyone else...I'm off to bed,,,gotta get up early to get over to son's school for D.A.R.E. graduation at 2:30...

I'll check in later...have a great day, all!
Old 05-17-2002, 09:55 AM   #10  

Good Morning Lady's

Just a quick note, I just wanted to let all of you who love Sponge Bob know that he's doing a chat tonight on
http://chat.msn.com/msnlive_feature....rtist/tomkenny just thought some of you might enjoy chatting with him.

And guess what DF already got a $2 raise, things are looking up!!

Have a great day
Old 05-17-2002, 05:06 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Well, for the first time in a very looooooong time, I did something fun for Friday! I took my mom with me to do my retail shop, then out to lunch and then I had a theatre shop so we went to see another 'chick flick' My Big Fat Greek Wedding. What a HOOT!!! It was sooooo funny! Mom never goes to the show so it was a real treat to be out with her and we just really had a good time.

Susie: It sounds like you won't need any luck with the WI (not Wisconsin) tomorrow. You've really been doing well. * And lucky you, doing the Hoedown! I don't get to go because no one in my house likes country music, but me. Of course, I suppose working it won't be as much fun as just going to it, but it should get you some up close opportunities that normal folk wouldn't get. So enjoy if you can!

Mary: Good for you saying NO!!! That's not something I can say very easily. That's how I got visiting duty for the girl in the nursing home. You are smart to not put anything more on your plate.

Katrina: It sounds like you have a real food plan going for today. Now if you could just get some sleep, you'd be a HAPPY girl!! Maybe this weekend, eh?

Duckie: WOW! A $2 raise. He must be doing something right! I'm sure that extra will really help out.

Baylee: Hope the doctor's appointment goes well. See ya later.

Well, girls, I'm outta here. Honey just IM'd me and said he's on his way home.......so..........I think I'll go throw some Taco Soup on. It's a little chilly here so I think I can get away with that for dinner tonight.

Love to all.
Old 05-17-2002, 06:35 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Hey all,

This day is going well...food has been as planned for so far. I'm planning on trying a 3fc recipe tonight for Shrimp scampi with broccoli...4 pts/serving...I may just have seconds! I still have lots of points leftover! It's funny how well I (we) eat when I'm highly motivated and fixing good stuff...I am never hungry til meal time and then I'm getting enough to keep me going...can anyone bottle this stuff called MOTIVATION? I need to stock up for the lean times ahead...

I'm all alone, so I'm off to the gym....see you all later...
Old 05-18-2002, 08:34 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Default Another rainy day...

Good Morning!

Another day of rain...lots of driving to do today too...kids have obligations all day, thank God dh is off today...or I'd need to clone myself to get them where they need to go!

Still feeling motivated...I'm about to go to the gym...Somehow, I decided that the $$$ I'm spending to belong to the gym would be better spent if I actually used the facilities! Last night I went...used the treadmill for about twenty minutes, then hurried off to the pool for the Aquacize class that was scheduled for 8 pm...not a soul around, so I swam on my own for about 15 minutes...that doesn't seem like a long time, but trust me...that's a LOT of laps! I hit the jacuzzi and then took a nice steam...very relaxing...

I never did get around to making the scampi...since dh was coming home late, I opted for my new favorite...fat free Ball Park franks...@ 1 point each! With 2 hotdogs, the rolls and sauerkraut AND 1 oz of WOWs, I had a sinfully OP dinner...I even threw a bottle of Molson Golden Ale in for good measure and totalled 11 points for dinner...well within my range...

Well, I'd better go find my umbrella...it is 49 degrees and POURING outside! Oh well, less lawn watering for me! My grass is so green!

Have a fun filled, productive, restful, recuperative, whatever you need it to be Saturday!
Old 05-18-2002, 08:36 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hi ladies I'm off and running again this morning . I have two meetings today.

Baylee: I must admit they were Grandma's Oatmeal Raisin cookies . Big ones not little ones.

DH is taking me out to dinner tonight but I do not know where yet. I'll check in later.
Old 05-18-2002, 12:59 PM   #15  

Just stopped in for a quick hi on my break from raking....I have to get something to eat and then get back at it.

Hope you are having a good Saturday.

I went out last night so I could really use a nap but figure I had better keep raking to burn off the alcohol I drank.
Closed Thread