Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 10:29 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Support,support ,support! 4wk challenge! Join Us!

This challenge is for anyone on any diet plan
I've been doing my own diet plan for the last 11 weeks or so. I have set small goals for every month. I find its the best way to reach your ultimate goals. I dont want to think about losing 70,60 or 50 lbs. So I have stuck with wanting to lose at least 7-9 lbs a month. So far it has worked! I have had up days anddown days just like everyone else I'm sure. I would like to start another 4 week challenge. My goal is to lose another 9 lbs by May20 th.
If anyone wants to join this challenge , PLEASE PM me or post it here. You dont have to give your current weight ,just how many pounds you'd like to try and lose by 4 weeks from now. If you want to post your weight then please do so Just send me a PM (personal message) each saturday and tell me your loss for the week, gain, or no weightloss. I will post goals for everyone and current losses for that week by Monday night. If you have diet tips that have worked for you then please post them here! If you had a horrible week/weekend PLEASE post it here.l IF you are feeling like you honestly feel you are better off quitting then PLEASE post it here. We've all been there and chances are you just might feel better after reading everyone else's daily struggles. I have had my up days where I'm thrilled and my down days where I want to run over my scale with my car! lol
I hit a mini plateau for the past few weeks. Nothing big but I was only losing 0.5 lbs or 1 lb at the most. I never cheated and exercised alot . But my body was just slowing down to live off the measly 1,200 calories a day I was feeding it! I tried something called Wendis Plan. Its not a diet. you simply eat high calorie one day and low calorie the next day. It fools your system and lets it know that you are not trying to starve it! Your body will do anything to hold on to every ounce of fat it has! Well after a full week of doing this I have lost another 3 lbs this week!
So as of Feb/2202 I have lost 28 pounds!
Remember please PM me your goal for the month
Have a great weekend!
Gen
start weight 194 lbs
Current 166 lbs
Goal 135-125
Old 04-20-2002, 11:04 AM   #2  
Still trying...

Default My 4 Week Goal

Hey! I'd love to join the 4 week challenge and I'm going to make my goal 8 lbs. I figure if I shoot high, maybe I'll actually lose something around that number...
Old 04-20-2002, 01:26 PM   #3  

Smile

Hi Gen - I am ready for your new four week challenge. Great job on your success this week. Here are my stats:

start weight 247.2 lbs
Current 210.2 lbs
4 week challenge goal 201.2lbs.
Goal 170 lbs.

Good luck everyone!

amybunz
Old 04-20-2002, 06:41 PM   #4  

Default Current Goals

Ok so far there are 3 people that joined the challenge!Ladies I wont be far if you need me. I promise to do my best to Pm you within 24hrs when you PM me. Whatever the problem may be chances are that Ive been there!
Have a good weekend:

Start Goal Date 4/20/02

Gennel......Goal......9 lbs

Amybunz...Goal......9 lbs

Turtle025..Goal......8lbs
Old 04-20-2002, 08:36 PM   #5  

Default Challenge

Ok Gennel I PM'ed you but I am also going to post since everyone else did.

I am going to shoot for what did I say 8 lbs?

Together I think us girls can do anything!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2002, 09:45 PM   #6  

Smile

Hi all
Count me in on this 4 week challenge also!
I will try for an 8# loss. I did so well last month with Gennel on a challenge, that i will try for a higher # now. I made the 6 # loss with all the support and ideas on here!

OFF we go(with the pounds!)
thinlizzie
166/136/120
Old 04-21-2002, 08:01 AM   #7  
determined chick!

Default new member

Hi Gennel I talked to you in the chatroom last night. I would like to set a goal of 7 pounds by May 20th. My start weight was 330 and am currently at 302 ( lost 1 pound since Friday). My eventual goal is for 165.
Old 04-21-2002, 09:46 AM   #8  

Default List of total People in 4wk Challenge!

Ok , since a few more joined the challenge I will put the whole list so far. On your mark! ready! Set ! Go! If you find any errors ,please PM me and I will correct them asap. If you find that you need a push then PM me! I'll just say what my mom used to say" Because I know what's best for you and you have to do it that's why!" If weather and time permits today then go for a nice walk.

bye! Gen

Gennel......Goal....9 lbs....

Amybunz...Goal....9 lbs....

Turtle025...Goal...8 lbs....

Thinlizzie...Goal....8 lbs...

Sassycat...Goal....8 lbs...

Grizzly......Goal....7 lbs....
Old 04-21-2002, 11:16 AM   #9  

Hey lady's

Would also like to join the challenge. I'm going to make my goal 9 lbs
Old 04-21-2002, 08:08 PM   #10  

Default Welcome Duckie!

Hi Duckie !
Just wanted to welcome you . You have got the right idea doing mini goals . We all have different goals some small some big. But we all will have a lifetime to maintain all our hard work. Today I went for my walk. I always see this pretty older lady walking there faithfully every morning. I heard her tell someone " Just keep walking, it will get easier. Ive been walking for years!" Today I asked just how many years has she been a "walker" she answered about 14 yrs! She does it to maintain. I think walking is one thing that I can stick to ,to keep my weight from creeping back up again once I lose it. Today I had another BBQ that we were invited to ! Ribs,t bone steak,chicken,burgers,sausages ..should I keep going? lol I had low cal breakfast and low cal lunch like 220 calories for the lunch cause I knew we were going out ! Well I didnt over eat today but Imsure I had more fat than usual. I found 2 of the smallest thighs(skinless) and about 3/4 cup of low cal potato salad I made . But I Tried two things ! One was like a 2 inch rib that I cut cause I was terrified to eat it lol. And the other thing is called a keish? Kenish? its small like a size of a quarter with like tsp filled with meat. Imsure that had some calories! Well thats it, no soda. I brought my own homemade lemonade sweetened with Splenda
Tomorrow will be a rough exercise day to try and burn some of these calories off!

Gen

( again Duckie welcome! )
Duckie25...Goal....9 lbs.....
Old 04-22-2002, 09:02 AM   #11  
Moving forward.....

Angry

Hi! I'm new to 3FC and would like to join the challenge!
I'm going to challenge myself to 6#. That'll be more than I've managed to lose in a month in forever!!!! I just need to get going and get motivated after winter seems to have invaded again!
Ok... so here are the stats (according to my scale, which I think is wrong, but it's to my advantage that it's wrong, so I think I may keep it around! )
start: 145
goal by MD: 139
Goal by October 23, 2002: 115 to start my 3 decade on the planet!

Erin
Old 04-22-2002, 09:32 AM   #12  

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yesterday was pretty good on track day. Been snacking on banana chips instead of the regular potatoe chips, anybody know if banana chips are fattening.

It's finally warming up here and the snow's almost gone, I better knock on wood, we'll probably have another snow strom, I don't know if spring will ever come. Well it was nice enough to go for a nice walk, took my son along, he rode his bike, he's only 4 yrs old so it wasn't to hard to keep up with him. Walked about 2 miles, ( I think) it took 40 min, at a fast pace ( for me ). Last year at this time I would have died, my shin's use to kill me, walking down the block. It pays to lose even alittle weight, I feel more energetic and don't feel as tired lately.

Just by walking every other day I know I can lose 9 lbs by May 20, will have to keep it up.

:sheep:
Old 04-22-2002, 12:29 PM   #13  

Default Welcome Emaleyth!

Welcome Emaleyth!
Sure you can join the 4 week challenge! Six pounds is very doable in 4 weeks and healthy as well. I put you in the challenge ! You can do this. I've had my ups and downs but I'm still in this for life. This isnt a race ,even though sometimes I wish I would just reach my goal! I say it isnt a race because we will all have to keep eating right and do exercise on a regular basis to maintain. I like your scale too! Wish mine said that lol.

Wow look how many people joined the challenge!Remember you can email me : [email protected]
Or PM me here .I dont want anyone disappearing ,dont be scared now lol. I just want this to happen for everyone.Also remember this is something to work for , if we dont reach the exact goal we are still "LOSERS" and I mean that in the most positive way !!!
Ok here goes

Gennel...Goal...9 lbs

Amybunz..Goal..9 lbs

Turtle025 Goal... 8 lbs

Thinlizzie..Goal....8lbs

Sassycat..Goal...8 lbs

Grizzly.....Goal...7 lbs

Duckies...Goal... 9 lbs

Emaleyth..Goal...6 lb

spsalmist..Goal...5 lbs

dustcatcher.Goal...5 lbs

Last edited by Gennel; 04-24-2002 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2002, 12:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 224/219/140

Default delurking to join the 4wk challenge

I love the 4wk challenge idea. I don't have lots of time to spend on this site, but know that I can keep up if I've got a 4 week window of opportunity and make a point of focusing on this thread. Hopefully public accountability and mini-goals will help me get going on winning this lifetime battle.

I'm going to be conservative (but realistic) and say I'll work to lose 5 lbs. in the next four weeks.

Old 04-22-2002, 06:32 PM   #15  

Default Welcome psalmist!

I just added you to the challenge! Sorry I Couldnt put the smiley face man lifting weights ! I tried but it wouldnt let me ! It said I had too many images in the post already . Oh well. Five pounds
is a good start. I lurked for a few weeks before I even said hi so Im glad you're here

If you have any questions please post them here or PM me. I'm no doctor or nutritionist but I've tried many fad diets . I read tons and tons on nutrition and exercise. The only thing I have found that all experts agree on is Walking! Walking well shed off the pounds. Not a 10 min walk though. Any walking is good for you but you will deffinately shed pounds walking at least 45 min a day/5 times a week. The first week is the hardest. My weight was almost identical to yours 194lbs. The weight does come off. When I was younger and dieted I seem to lose it super fast! Well that's no longer the case lol. I'm not over the hill yet at 32 yrs old but no teenager either ! I have found more inspiration that I know what to do with ,just by coming to post boards and reading and going to chat at nights. Last time I tried doing this on my own I didnt have the internet. Because of the internet and meeting so many others going through the exact same thing, I feel I can do this permanently. Will I gain a few pounds after I reach goal? I'm sure I will , at least 3-4 lbs. You wont weigh the same weight every day . I will just keep up my walking and maintain ,maintain ,maintain! Well I think I said enough for one post!

Gen
1/94/166/ 135?
Closed Thread