Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 08:16 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers#146

This is a great group of people who will offer a lot of support and prayer. Everyone is welcome!
Old 05-13-2002, 08:25 AM   #2  

Blessing this morning,
A big THANK YOU for all you prayers last week. It is hard to say good bye to someone you love but I know he is in Heaven and not in pain anymore. A Happy Mothers day to all the Mothers (and wife's) I got lots of flowers (my wish) my DD bought me a big vase of roses and the rest of my family got outdoor plants. I love my house after all the flowers are planted. As for my diet Zoe I am with you. I ate bad last week and I go to the dr tues so I will see the damage then. I sorry not to address everyone today but have a blessed day!

Prayers are with you,
Sami
Old 05-13-2002, 01:36 PM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi All! It's a gorgeous day and I'm too busy to get out in it. I have to get groceries after work and then I have a meeting tonight. Oh well, I get off work early tomorrow so I should be able to get out more then. I want to get my flowers in and get my garden planted.

I'm glad to hear you had a great Mother's Day Sami. So did I even though DH had to work. It was a lovely day.

I'm into my 4th week of doing weights in the morning but so far no significant weight loss. I know that I need to walk more to get the weight off. At least I'm toning those muscles while I'm losing!!

Have a super day everyone!
Old 05-13-2002, 01:56 PM   #4  

Angry Hi!

I had a great weekend, I have a prayer request. My mom is going in for hip replacement surgery tom. She had been having a problem with high blood pressure, the Dr. feels was related to pain. He put her on a beta blocker, she is doing better blood pressure wise, but she is a diabetic, and with this surgery they are prone to bloodclots and embolis. I have great faith in the Lord, and she knows Him as her own personel Savior as well. So, I just pray all goes well with the surgery and she have a speedy recovery her name is Rita. Thanks in advance, for praying!. God bless!
Old 05-13-2002, 08:29 PM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Evening everyone ~ Well, here it is, another Monday is gone.....I feel that once 5pm on Monday gets here, I'm home free.

I hope that everyone's Mother's Day was a great one.....all of you that are moms, all of you that have mom's and those of you (you know who you are...haha) who have a wife.

Sami ~ your house probably looks absolutely beautiful with all the new flowers. I really need to get moving in that too. We were out tonight and Greg made a comment that it's a little later than usual for me. Between that comment and your beautiful flowers, I will get alot done this weekend.

Wilma ~ How great that you're sticking to the weight training. I am so bad with it all and never stick to my exercise program. I am hoping that the nice weather will help me get motivated.

Sue ~ my prayers with your mom as she goes in for her surgery tomorrow.

Hello to everyone else. Have a great evening.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:09 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!!
I h ope that everyone's Mother's Day was good.

Sami- all those flowers sound lovely and so spring like. How pretty!!!!! That is ok with not addressing each of us........we are all busy and just glad that you check in so often!

Sue- I will add you and your Mom to my prayer list. Our good shepherd never sleeps and will hold both of you in his care. I do hope that the surgery for your mom goes well. Keep us posted.

Wilma- good for you keeping up with those weights!!!!! 4 weeks (has it been that long?) is quite an accomplishment. How long do you work out for?

As for me, life is busy (softball) and this weekend we are having a surprise birthday party for Dd. I am up to my eyeballs in cleaning, planning.

Got a nice walk in this am (in the rain, but it felt so good to get out).
Gotta go- have a great nite.
Ginny
Old 05-14-2002, 04:19 PM   #7  

Unhappy Up

Weigh in Monday = up .6
Well, trying harder this week.

Hope everyone is having a nice Tuesday.
Tis another rainy day here, 3rd. in a row now and somewhat depressing. I'm craving sunshine instead of food

Off I run, Ds has piano lessons this evening and we still have those barn chores to do.
Hugs to you all, your in my prayers.

Sister Joanne
Old 05-14-2002, 10:57 PM   #8  

Angry Hi!

My mom did great, surgery went well, just wanted to thank everyone for the prayers. Didn't have a good day eating, did some munching and ate bad dinner of chicken fingers and onion rings. Try to do better tom. Just so happy everything went well. God bless, have a great day!
Old 05-14-2002, 11:31 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Happy Tuesday

Hi Ladies- Taking a few minutes during my LAKERS game- they are making me MAD with their playing!
Just got home from a surprise #18 B-Day for my neice at the pizza place-- I ate it like they weren't ever gonna make anymore! Oh well back to the X-Trainer!!
SUE- I am happy the surgery went well for your mom! You can start eating better when the stress is off-- don't worry! Hi ZOE glad all is well with you. GINNY- my step-D is just about to finish regular season softball-- they are in the play-offs now, a game tomorrow then 2 on Sat. if they win-- then ALL-STARS-- it is a long season, happy birthday to your DD. JOANNE- I am sending you some California sunshine to take those rainy day blues away!!!
Well I better get back to the game-- Take care of yourselves!!!!! Gary
Old 05-15-2002, 10:52 PM   #10  

Angry Hi!

I did much better today, I didn't go over in food. My mom is running a temp now, and they are not sure if its just from inflammation from the surgery or what. Her lungs are clear so they don't think it pneumonia. I just pray she doesn't have a bone infection. I would appreciate any prayers that all goes well they got her up for 1 and 1/2 hours today. She is on morphine for the pain, but over all is doing well. Gary- I hope you had a couple pieces for me, I love pizza. Hope everyone else is doing well! Thanks again for your prayers. In Christ!
Old 05-16-2002, 07:14 PM   #11  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi everyone

How are y'all doing tonight? Great I pray.......

Okay, now for exercise.....Saturday, I am going with a bunch of girls canoeing. (sp??) We are going, 2 to a canoe, down the Brasos River here in Texas. We start at one of the girls homes and then canoe down about 11 or 12 miles....Woo Hoo....am I gonna hurt in my arms OR WHAT!?!?!?? I am really excited about it.....breakfast of bagels, fruit and danish....(no, no danish for me!!) and packed lunches in water proof coolers.....can't wait.

Been very, VERY OP the last 3 days so I'm feeling great. My prayers with all of you....gotta run ~ tonight is Survivor and the season finale of CSI so I have to finish cooking and eat din-din.

Talk to you's guys (that a regional slang thingy) tomorrow.

In Christ,
Me <><
Old 05-16-2002, 07:31 PM   #12  
Quit counting at 45!

Zoe: I had to laugh when I saw your last sentence. You's guys is said up here in Canada all the time too.

I'm also off to watch Survivor and CSI. Talk to you tomorrow.
BTW, I got a walk in today!!!!!
Old 05-17-2002, 07:38 AM   #13  

Angry Hi there!

I thank you all for your prayers, mom's temp is down, and she is really doing good, praise the Lord, I am happy for you Zoe your canoe trip sounds like a blast, I too love csi, that is a great show.
Congrates on 3 day op, I had a gain of 3 lbs, but have been good the last two days. I will just keep trying, I have made my workouts everyday though so that is good. Love and blessings to all. great job on the walking wilma. Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-17-2002, 07:00 PM   #14  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Wilma ~ Even though I live in Dallas/Fort Worth now, I still say "you's" all the time. I'm from the NY/NJ area and that's just a common phrase there. They laugh at me here.....

The reunion of MASH is on tonight and I want to watch so I'm off to so some laundry and sit down. Tomorrow is the big canoe trip so I need some rest.

talk you you's tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2002, 08:07 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry TGIF

Good Friday Ladies-- It has been a happy/sad last few days here. I found out today that my best friend and his wife are going to be grandparents for the first time!! they are my kids Godparents-- that is the good--another friend went in to have cancer removed from the colon and found out it was into liver, etc. The doctors told him 5% chance of survival-- most likley 2-3 months to live- outside a year-- so sad-- he has a 14 yr. boy and 5yr girl-- he is such a sweet man, only 43.
Just talked to my daughter on the train-- she is coming home this week-end for a few days-- it is her 1st year anniversarry with her ((BOYFRIEND)) the bum!! Just kidding- he is a great guy and very good to her. They are going to meet us for mexican food later tonight-- my wife, step-D and I are going to our church schools basketball game-- it is the championship!! Very low level of play but still exciting for the kids-- and me!
I am softball gamed out-- Mon-step-d--Tue--son-Wed-step-d-Thurs-son. So basketball tonight-- tournament softball game for step-d tomorrow, if they win 1 of 2 they will take first place in their league--double elimination and they lost the first game of the tourney but have come back with 4 straight wins!!
SUE- I am glad to hear your mom is doing well considering everything-- ZOE-and WILMA- I too am a Survivor fan, although I am not into this one as much as the others-- I did tape it though last night because of the softball game. Good luck Zoe on the canoe trip-- my wife would love to go with you, she is pretty outdoorsy.
Well ladies prayers for all of you-- gotta run to the game, wifey is home from work and we are off and runnin'
In Christ-Gary
Closed Thread