Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 05:30 PM   #91  
Moving forward.....

Default Weigh in

Well.... I'm refusing to weigh in this week! As I had a chocolate attack this morning, I realized that the reason my jeans are so tight is it's the begining of the bloat.... I hate being bloated for a whole week before TOM. So, I hope no one minds... I'm trying to avoid the "down in the dumps, so I stuff my face because I'm retaining water and my weight went up" frame of mind this month.
WTG on the losses though!!!!!
Oh, and Gennel, you're only an inch taller than I am.... I think I need to get walking more!
Erin
Old 05-14-2002, 07:48 PM   #92  

Lightbulb Confused

Gennel,

You got me thinking here. How are you figuring the goal? Are you figuring even if you gained the one week as long as you lost the total you said you were shooting for you made goal? I thought I had 2 more lbs to go since I had a 2 lb gain the one week.

1st week - 4 lbs
2nd week - 0 lbs
3rd week - gained 2 lbs
4th week - 4 lbs

Let me know how you if that is how you figured it I am confused, it so I am pumped but I figured I missed it by the 2 lbs I gained the 3rd week.

Just confused and thinking here....sorry if I am having one of those blonde moments my hubby says I am famous for (yes i am blonde)!!!

And to everyone else AWESOME together we can do this!!!!!
Old 05-14-2002, 08:11 PM   #93  

Default oopps Sassy!

Hey Sassy! I just went back and checked your goal and it was 8 pounds, so far you've lost 6 lbs you are correct. I totally didnt realize about the 2 lb gain! I'll correct this ASAP!

ttyl!
Gen
Old 05-16-2002, 08:37 AM   #94  

Default history

Dear Gen,
I loved the story of the Mother's Day gift. You are doing great!
I will tell you a little of my history so you will know more about my weight loss journey. I am 5'3" and sort of a solid form even when I bear alot of weight. My top weight even after childbearing was 225lbs. When a Dr. discovered I had a severe thyroid problem. So with medication I am now at 192lbs. I would love to be 140 again someday but am not sure if that is attainable. I too believe that exercise is crucial to losing and maintaining weight loss and good health. I was doing better last summer jogging and working hard on losing and probably dropped 15lbs. which is back now. I ended up with plantar fascitis in my left foot.... so finally that is better now. Our battle of weight issues are so personal but yet we can all share in them and find help and hope in the story of others. So at first I just wanted to say I want to lose 5lbs. because that is the beginning of my steps to recovery....... trying to get 5lbs at a time gone off lost forever!
Thanks for the post that each of you share. Keep up the good work and I look forward to your helpful ideas, your achievements and even your disappointments.
Thanks Gennel for your thoughtfulness and help!
Roseblush
Old 05-16-2002, 08:09 PM   #95  

Smile Hello ALL

Dropping a line to say that so far so good on the challenge. I have added more time w/the weight lifting and toning. I did only 2 miles outside walking today, but it was freezing and drizzle mixed with snow out there, so that was all i could take. I kept busy once i got back...lots of cleaning got done.

I had a beautiful baltimore oriole in my yard for 2 days running. I put out juicy orange slices for it. I should buy one of those nectar feeders now that i know i have them here. They are just gorgeous birds.

~~~GRIZZ~~~ WTG on the 2# weight loss! You rock! Now keep up the good work and more will soon follow! Doin' the happy dance for ya!

~~~Roseblush~~~SweetPea~~~PAT~~~what is up with you guys? I need to hear from you on your programs.....are you out there journaling and doing the best you can? Well, we wanna hear about it all! so post soon.

~~All the other goal-getters~~~Be strong and stay OP! You all can do this. Together it's much easier.

Wow, tomorrow is Friday already...weigh in Sat. I'll let ya know soon ~~~Gen~~~ what is happening there!

bye for now,
thinlizzie
:sheep:
Old 05-16-2002, 08:17 PM   #96  

Default Thoughts?

OK so, I am trying to do it the smart way. 1500 Cal per day and daily walk on the treadmill. I'm 2 days into it and I already had a bad day. Just had a tif with my significant other and had a piece of cake. Ok, so far today I ate a bagel, coffee, and 2 pieces of cake. What the **** is wrong with me? Anyone?
Old 05-16-2002, 08:42 PM   #97  

Hi there JustMe...you are just emotional-eating...you will have those moments when things go rotten at home or whatever, and our first thing is to go feed out face...you just gotta replace that bad behavior with something that will actually help you w/the stress.. Like go out and walk around the block, or get on the phone w/a pal, or draw a nice bath and light some candles(i really like doing that one when i want to eat cause i'm tired or whatever...but not really hungry) I've been married awhile(over 25yrs) so we don't really do the big blow ups anymore. You learn that what you're steamed about is not something that is going to be remembered a year from now! So you must make your plan and get it in your head that this is what you are gonna do FOR YOU! Find a Way Of Life( WOL) that suits you, whether you need to cut back on sugars/carbs or just cut calories....and stick with it. Journaling it all is good too, jot down all the foods and emotions that go with it in a notebook. And post on here alot...it helps!

I hope you find some help in what i've just written! Be good to yourself!

thinlizzie
166/131/120
5'2"
Old 05-16-2002, 10:30 PM   #98  

Default Tragic news, sorry I havent been here in a few days

Hi Everyone,
I really havent been on to check the new posts and I feel really bad about that. My best friend in NJ called me yesterday telling me her mother crashed her car head on to a bus and died instantly. HEr mom was still pretty young at 56 yrs old. My head has been fuzzy since yesterday afternoon. ,I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still thinking about them.
This saturday is weigh in again. The challenge officially ends May 20th. That will mark 30 days so you can all weigh in on Monday. Im weighing in onSaturday to see if I lost anything this week and Iwill also weigh in on Monday which is the last day. I'm curious to see how much Ive lost in 4 wks.I hope everyone pushes themselves a little harder this week! We still have 3-4 days! We can lose at least 1 lb by then!

Hope everyone is well,
Gen
194/160/135?
Old 05-17-2002, 10:14 PM   #99  
determined chick!

Default Gennel

Gennel- I am so sorry to hear about your best friends mom. I'm sure it must be very hard to take it all in right now. My thoughts are with you. I have been sick all week and have lost a good deal this week due to the fact that I can barely eat! Fill you in on my numbers after final weigh in tomorrow. I hope your friend is able to find some peace in this difficult time. I will keep her in my prayers. Take care.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:46 PM   #100  

Default so sorry

Dear Gennel,
I am so sorry to hear about your news. Please know you are in my prayers and your friend also. Just let her know any emotion she carries is alright. Take Care.
Roseblush
Old 05-18-2002, 12:23 AM   #101  

Ugh! I have not posted because I am not doing well. I have stayed the same (214) and I am not happy with that at all! I have been exercising alot this week, drinking tons of water and not overeating. I don't know why this has to be so hard!

dustcatcher
Old 05-18-2002, 12:51 AM   #102  

Default How is Everyone doing? Weigh In

Hi Everyone,
Well tomorrow ,or should I say today is weigh in. You can give me your official losses for this month on Monday. Since that is the last day of the challenge. If we dont all get to our mini goals , PLEASE dont be very upset. The whole point to this is to lose it period. I will start a new thread again on Monday afternoon Called ( Support Continues, Another 4 Wk Challenge!)
Iwanted to thank everyone for their prayers. My friend needs them.

HeyDustcatcher, dont let yourself be blue. No one said this would be easy. But most of the time its "us" who make this so difficult on ourselves. Only we can choose to grab that creamy smooth icecream or a yogurt cup. It is that simple . IT may sound impossible . How bad do you want this? Ask yourself that question. Or do you wish this could happen. You CAN make this happen. Be good to yourself ,feed yourself with love. May sound silly to read that lol. But I can tell you about me. I ate Mcdonald's at least 3 times a week. I love the stuff , but it was awful for my body. Ididnt have cheeseburger and fries! I had the BigMac, large fries, apple pie and coke. And that was lunch, and I used to eat every bit of it too! This can be as difficult as you make it , or as easy as you make it. I'm so glad that you came back. IT took alot of guts for you to come back . Now dont beat yourself up about this anymore and please say you'll join us for the next challenge that starts Monday!
Everyone please PM me your weigh in results tomorrow. Iwill also Write the final goal chart on Monday , so if you can weigh in again on Monday . Ya never know! You could lose 1/2 lb or 1 lb by then!

Night everyone,
Gen
194/160/135?
Old 05-18-2002, 08:03 PM   #103  

Smile Weigh In Results 5/18/02

Hi Everyone! Well I'm a bit confused with the results . So PLEASE send me a message if you see an error. (I'm sure there will be one somewhere As for me I lost 2.5 more pounds this week Making it a total of 8.5. So I will walk like crazy tomorrow and monday and will see if I can reach my goal for 0.5 lbs ! lol By Monday. I know some of you Weigh in at WW meetings that's on mondays ,so I will Edit the weigh in chart monday night.
ttyl!
GEN
194/157.5 / 135 ?

Gennel...Goal...9 lbs...lost 8.5 lbs

Amybunz..Goal..9 lbs...lost 11 lbs

Turtle025 Goal... 8 lbs..N/A ..N/A..N/A..N/A

Thinlizzie..Goal....8lbs..lost 5 lbs ( Weigh in Mon)

Sassycat..Goal...8 lbs..lost 6 lbs ( Weigh in Mon)

Grizzly.....Goal...7 lbs...lost 16.5 lbs!!

Duckies...Goal... 9 lbs..N/A..N/A ..N/A..N/A

Emaleyth..Goal...6 lb..lost 2.5 lbs N/A..N/A..N/A

spsalmist..Goal...5 lbs..N/A..N/A..N/A..N/A

Mscoconut..Goal..8lbs..lost 7 lbs

dustcatcher.Goal...5 lbs..lost 1 lb N/A..N/A..N/A

Angel-eyes ..Goal..6 lbs..3.2 lbs N/A..

Sweetpea0407.Goal.. 5 lbs...loss 3 lbs (welcome newbie )

Roseblush..Goal..5 lbs (welcome newbie

Last edited by Gennel; 05-18-2002 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-19-2002, 08:38 AM   #104  
determined chick!

Talking Hi everyone

I was so excited I just had to tell you all I just hit my first inches goal for my waist. If you don't know my story, my start weight was 330 and my waist started at 58 in. These numbers may have been even higher because I dieted a little before allowing myself to check. My first weight goal was 300 and I hit that a couple weeks ago. Lost one more pound yesterday so now I'm at 287- 7 more pounds and I'll have 50 off! WOO HOO!! You don't know how much it means to me to have all of you for support and to be able to read your posts and not feel like I'm the only one when I hit plateaus. I hope everyone is joining next months support challenge to. If you are I'll see you there. Thank you everyone for helping me along. This is gonna be a long hard ride and it's good to know I have people there with me. Take care.
Old 05-19-2002, 09:36 PM   #105  

hi everyone sorry it's been awhile but i have been suffering from a really bad headache. Gen i'm so sorry to hear about your friends mom. Well this week i didn't lose any weight but i'll hope for the best next week. talk to ya all later.

sweetpea
Closed Thread