Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 08:59 AM   #31  
burned out bus driver

Good morning ladies!!!!!!
Well, I have another busy day......but this one's going to be good. (or at least I hope so!). I did a 45 minute step tape this am (Dd did it with me- how cute!) and am off to a good start with my eating. So far, 2 glasses of water, maypo (some of us never grow up...............) and 2 cups of tea with skim milk (no sugar or sweetener). I figure I am off to a 5 point start for the day.
Sorry for boring you with my details, but posting what I eat is the only way that I maintain some level of control.
Gotta go! Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 04-24-2002, 11:53 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning girls!!
Let me start by saying thank you to ginny for being so encouraging.
I'm glad everyone else is doing well.
Misty- I'm glad you found a daycare you are comfortable with. I'm sure your kids will enjoy the "play day" once a week
How are you feeling latisia?
Jackie I'm glad you enjoy scrapbooking. It seems like alot of work to me. We have the DIY channel (do it yourself) and 90% of the shows on there are scrapbooking which tells me there must be an art to it to have to be 'taught' to do it so I'll avoid it for now.
Ok now, I have some big news. ----
And it's a questions for the rest of you. ----

Ready??

OK, so I was thinking about this last ten lbs I have. I went back and found that I have been hovering around 135 for the past 3 months!!!! Since my best friends wedding. That's a long time.
So I decided to try something old to create something new. Yeah, that made sense Anyway, I'm proposing a challenge. A low carb challenge for two weeks. Just 14 days. If I had someone to do it with me I think we can succeed this time. Here's the plan because I know many of you don't have the atkins book or don't have time to read it. I have it memorized basically. For two weeks we eat 20 grams or less of carbs a day. That consists of all the meat and eggs we want and cheese (cheese does have carbs but not many) You can have up to 3 cups of salad or 2 cups and 1/2 a cup of another low carb vegetable like green beans or something. This is just the gist of it. I'm not proposing a diet change, just to change for two weeks and to see what happens. I know it will get Misty to her goal before the two weeks is up and me very close to mine and the rest of you will drop alot of weight too. If anyone is interested email me at [email protected] and I am going to type out the principles of the two week diet and I'll send one to you so you know exactly what you can and can't have, etc. I know this is sudden but I'm starting today. I would love someone to start with me tomorrow or the day after. I need to do this for myself. Atkins is the only diet that uses more fat than muscle and calories don't matter at all and you are always full. I know recipes and such to help you when you feel like eating something off plan, etc. What do you think??? Have I lost my mind? I don't know, I'm just revved up. It's going to be 80 degrees here today and I want to buy a new bathing suit soon. I'm ready to start swimming and I'm tired of fighting these last ten lbs for so long. It's time to do something about it. Then after 14 days I'll decide (depending on how much I lost) whether to continue or go back to low cal. But you guys can go back to your old diets if you want. This is a metablosim boost---not a diet. What do you think???
Ok, I guess I've said enough.
Well I guess I'll get off here. I hope someone is game. I really need the support. My DH said he would help me by not eating out for the next two weeks so that I won't be tempted by things on the menu. That's a big deal for him.
Oh and today is day one of potty training. Wish me luck!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2002, 12:55 PM   #33  
hangin' in there...

I can't even believe this! Again, I type a marathon post, and then it wouldn't post because I included "too many images"?????????? Then I try to go back and remove some images (smilies, etc) and the entire post is gone!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2002, 02:17 PM   #34  

I am pleased to announce I am the Mom of TWIN BOYS!!!!!! (twin Siamese cats that is, I am not that crazy) I brought the two home this morning . Right now they are hiding but they will get the drift of the house soon enough.. I got them free out of the paper at first I was kinda worried about the siamese breed till I got to meet the two of them.. "Bingo" is the cuddly one he came right up to me and didnt leave me alone for 15 minutes rubbing up and purring ."Tyson" is the shy one he wasnt to sure he wanted to be near me until he came over and check to see if I was good enough to be touched by him..Then he wouldnt leave me alone.. They both love Timmy and they even like DH !!The owner had to find them good homes because she isnt home enough to tend to them..
So I went out and went shopping had to buy the litter box and food and dishes and water(well I didnt need to buy the cats water but I needed the liter bottles for their water feeder..Of course I had to get them a few toys as well and treats and cat brush (they are shedding..You should see my car!!! luckily it was DH car and little does he know one of them was a bit scared and marked the carseat..He will find out later when he goes to work LOL)
When I heard the name Tyson the first thing I thought is he is a fighter..( A manic depressive cat that bite off ears..) He was named after the food company cause he acts all charming when they cook Tyson chicken patties ( his favorite treat).. Anyway once they get the jest of the house and are comfortable I will take their pic so you can see them..
Spryng : I will be emailing you that sounds good to me.. As you know I am not really following any special plan just winging it as they say so I will give it the look over and give it a try..Will I have to do the ketones test?? Or can I just follow what is typed.. I havent been able to find the strips anyway..
ECmom I feel alot better now with that missing tooth.. It iwas a back molar so it wont be that noticable.. I just have to eat soft foods for a bit till it heals up.. No biggee.. I realized one thing I cant STAND Vanilla yogurt!!!! I bought it so that I would finally get some yogurt b/c my kids eat all my good stuff.. They wont touch that Vanilla type though.. POST away lady if it keeps you in control!! plus it gives me an idea when I cant think of anything good for me to consume..
Lilbit I was hurt by what that doc said (for a few minutes )then I thought to myself that Flipping B*st*rd (flipping wasnt the word but I cleaned it up for posting) I will show that sun of a beach.. (yup cleaned that up too)And so far I have..... and he isnt my doctor anymore just for the record ..(PLease I hope I didnt offend anyone about those above words but those were what I was thinnking at the time)
Well I am off to start my daily cleaning thing..
Hey FRECKLES Once again I thank you for ecommending flylady .. You would not believe how well that is working for me and now I feel a bit better about things in my life..THANK YOU THANK YOU (bowing)
Take Care all
Sheila
Old 04-24-2002, 03:46 PM   #35  

Sheila thanks so much!!! no you dn't have to buy the testing strips. They are a waste of money anyway. I'm going right now to type up the "gist" of the plan so if you will give me your email address then I will send you a copy as soon as I'm finished ok? Any one else a taker?? Just let me know.
I'm doing good so far today. I haven't had any carbs yet. I feel really energized about this this time. I think this is just what I needed.
Talk to you guys soon!!
Oh and congrats on your "twins" !!
Old 04-24-2002, 04:46 PM   #36  

Spryng my email addy is [email protected] and thanks I am glad to know I dont need those darn test strips..I tryed to click yours but my outlook express thing is outta whack again..
Take Care Sheila
Old 04-24-2002, 04:46 PM   #37  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!
Well, I am surviving this day fairly well.......I think!
Good to hear from those who posted- Sheila (congrats on the twins!) Jen- I feel your pain- I do that all the time where a book of knowledge post gets lost or booted off. Spryng- I will email you. For two weeks I can probably handle it......I think . I have to do something to break out of this rut and carbs are my weakness. Gotta scoot and unload the dishwasher. Have a great nite!
Ginny

(now will someone please tell me why MIL just called and lied to me????? She called asking if Dh was going to be home, when really what she wanted was to see if Dd had a softball game in the next town over. She does this all the time! Sorry I just had to vent, and let it out- otherwise who knows what I might eat!)
Old 04-24-2002, 04:56 PM   #38  

Thank you girls so much for joining!!! I sent you both two email a piece. One with the "rules" and the second with food lists. So we know what we can and can't have.
My day is going well. I'm so excited to do this with you girls!!
Old 04-24-2002, 05:18 PM   #39  

Thanks Spryng I have printed them up and will start in the morning!!! That way if need be I can do shopping LOL
Take Care and Talk soon
Sheila
Old 04-24-2002, 11:04 PM   #40  

Good evening ladies!!
Well I'm happy to report that day 1 of my low carb challenge went well. I ended the day at around 15 carbs. I baked chicken legs for dinner and had a large salad with it. I also made mac n cheese for the kids but ate none of it. So I feel victorious. Only 13 more days to go!!
Sheila and Ginny, I can't thank you enough for trying this with me. I hope you get great results.
This was also day one of potty training. It didn't go quite as well but I'm not giving up this time. She didn't go in the potty one time but by the end of the night she was asking to sit on the toilet. That's progress to me! She's too tiny to wear pull ups so I have her in a diaper at night. (she's 2 and 4 months and weighs only 18 lbs) Tomorrow I'm hoping to have her pee at least once in the potty and I'll be tickled pink One day at a time. This is my first child to potty train and for some crazy reason I had it in my head that when you start to train them they should be going on their own within a week. Then I talked to a few relatives and such and one said that her daughter was a breeze to train. Took her only a MONTH to get the hang of it. So I guess this is a long process. For you ladies who have happy potty trained children (lol) can you tell me how you conquered this coveted process?? I would love to hear your stories.
Well, I'm retiring to a long hot shower and then hitting the sack. have a great night all!! And if anyone else wants to join the challenge let me know so I can send you the info!!
Nite
Old 04-25-2002, 09:08 AM   #41  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!
Off to yet another busy day......so what else is new!
Spryng- first of all, I'll change my avatar- did not mean to swipe yours! Thanks for sending me the diet info. I barely have time to get online now- so I will read it later. Probably start tomorrow with following it (gives me the time to check it out). Also good for me that this morning I finished my box of Maypo- (no, I did not eat the whole box-it was down to one serving) so I can start the new eating plan clean. (I was just trying to get rid of the stuff before summer hits when noone eats hot cereal in my house and I hate to throw out food). So I have blabbered on about nothing..... not too many brain cells here! Speaking of brain cells- starting a new diet and potty training at the same time!!!!!!!! Are you insane? Naw, you seem to have a great take charge type of personality. But this takes a ton of patience and being able to just stay home for a while. Jackie and I have some great potty training stories (if I remember correctly) and I will get back on later with some inspirational anectdotes (sp).
Sheila- how are the kitties?? Glad that you are trying this diet with me.......company is always welcome.
Gotta go!!!
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 04-25-2002, 09:40 AM   #42  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Spryng~ I'm in. I'll email ou n a minute.

Ginny~ you hang in there, okay. Thanks for the lil pep talk about the daycare. Every little bit helps. Feeling bad about it gets the best of me at times. Did the dress arrive yet?

Gemini~ I miss your poss, what is going on? Why do you keep getting the boot?

Sheila~ Congrats on being a new mommy! Good luck too, I love cats. All animals for that matter. Oh and I'm glad you are not seeing that doc any longer.

Jackie~ ?where oh where has our Jackie gone to now? Hope she didn't glue herself to a scrapbook page, tho she would be a lovely keepsake? Sorry I'm silly this morn.

T-girl~ keep up the good work!

As for me, I'm recooperating from a bad bout with the flu, high fever and all. It broke last night. I was really sick girls. I thought I was bitten by a tick the way it came on and my muscles hurt, headache... None could be found tho. Anyhow, I'm back to my strange self today. So sorry for not being around. Okay I have to go now.
Old 04-25-2002, 10:13 AM   #43  

Hi everyone
Spryng :I printed it out and I have to do some shopping first so I will be starting tomorrow as well.. Dont know how I will react to no caffiene though I get terrible migraines without it.. And the medicine I take for them (Excedirine) has caffiene it it as well..But I think I can stand a caffiene flushing once in a while.. Also on the potty training ,it took me I think 4 months with my daughter to get her trained she was I think 4 1/2..My son just became a big boy in that way when we moved here in February He is 4..His aim is still a bit off though but he refuses to "sit like a girly girl"to pee.. Just be patience kids learn in there own time
Lilbit Glad to see your back to you self again.. The flu really stink and combined with headaches it isnt any better.. Isnt too early for tick season?? I know here we are kinda droughtish so they claim we wont have the tick problem like last year..
EcMom My cholesterol was FINE not high at all..I guess when they took the first test I might have eaten something late that might have made it high but I dont remember eating anything before the first test..
Gemini:I get booted alot maybe you are running alot of stuff in the background that you might not be aware of.. I used to know a good thing to check for such things but since I was offline for such a long time I forgot all the good stuff..I still get booted alot but I am using bluelight.com ..Maybe someone here will know..
Tgirl Hope all is going well with you...
Freckles : where fore art thou Freckles.. Have you been sniffing too much scrapbook glue??? (kidding) Hope all is well and hope to see you posting soon ..Still keeping DD busy??
Well all I am doing good ..Was able to get Bingo out and walking thru the house but he is still a bit nervous .. Tyson has come out once or twice to look around and growl at the kids and slap his brother hiss at me then hide under my bed.. He is trying to be the tough guy but he is calming down a bit..He was really devoted to his old owners so he might not trust us for a bit.. I did get a pic of Bingo but Tyson has been to nervous..Tyson doesnt scare me but the kids are used to ruling the house and Tyson tells them different..He doesnt bite or scratch or anything he just gives them a glare then growls hisses and walks away..
So everyone meet Bingo..............He is my avitar I couldnt use the pic to post to other threads so I change him to an avatar
Take Care all
Sheila

Last edited by sheila061968; 04-25-2002 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:01 AM   #44  

Unhappy

hello everyone, I am still Op, but not feeling too well. Personal issues.. I still need to finish my breakfast, actually I will!!

Spryng, I agree with you about changing your eating a little bit, it might be just what your body needs to get rid of those last pounds, sometimes that seems to be the hardest part, keep up the work, you can do it!!! You came this far!!

I got tae bo 2, and I really like it. it has 2 workouts the first one is half of floor exercises kinda different but challenging.. well i just need some words to pep me up.. i have a hard decision to make and up hold to ... well I hope everyone is OP and doing great!! I couldnt get through last night, but I will try to get back on later..

Latisia
Old 04-25-2002, 11:12 AM   #45  

OK I'm no computer expert but I know how to close out programs running in the background because I have to do this too.
Hit ctrl+alt+delete (only once and quickly) and it will bring up a box that has lists of programs running in it. Now this is for windows, if you don't have windows then I'm not sure if this works for you. Ok then, when the box comes up you can click on all of them except these two-- systray and explorer. So you close all the rest one at a time. Click on one and then hit End Task. It may take a few moments but they will all close out. But don't worry about losing that program, as soon as you re-boot all programs come back on. Hope I was some help. By closing out those programs in the background you will speed up your internet or any other programs you are running. It's a great thing.
OK then.
How is everyone doing today?? I'm a little confused, who all exactly is starting today?? Someone said tomorrow but I wasn't sure if that was wrote last night or this morning. So is "tomorrow" today or tomorrow?? Confusing huh???
Thank you so much Misty for joining. I know this will get you to your goal if you stick with it and don't eat anything off plan.
I'm excited about today. This is day two for me. By the end of today my glocogyn will have flushed from my system and I'll be in full ketosis. So I should see a loss by tomorrow. My scale said 136 today so I'll go by that until the end of the diet to see just how much I lost. So for breakfast I'll probably have scrambled eggs with melted cheese in it and bacon.
I hope everyone who starts today keeps with it. remember, it's only 14 days!! We can do this together!! If anyone needs meal ideas or whatever let me know. I know a great site that has low carb meals on it. www.lowcarbfriends.com there recipe rooms are great.
Well I'm off for now. I'm ready for breakfast.
Closed Thread