Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 08:10 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers #144

This is a group of Christian who offer a lot of support and prayer.
Everyone is Welcome! Please Join us.
Old 04-19-2002, 08:20 AM   #2  

Blessing this Morning,
I had to start a new thread That is great!!!! I just have a few min so forgive me for not addressing everyone. Baby Madison is doing great. Keep her in your prayers she still has a long way to go. Someone ask if I was close to the family. They go to our church and I have know the father since he was 12. I am close to his family. Our Church is pretty close knit. My F-I-L may get to come home today to live out his days. He hates it in the nursing home so we are going to bring him home to let him go in peace. I have had another great week this week. Thurday was tough I felt hungry all day so I add an extra snack and I felt better. Got to go I am keeping all of you in prayer.

Where is all our MIA's? Sherry how are you? And all the others We miss you.

Sami
Old 04-19-2002, 08:52 AM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello my friends ~ posting this again since is was at the end of the last thread.....

Just a quick note, can’t stay……we had a BIG storm here this week, lots of thunder and lightening and a TORNADO that touched down only 5 blocks from my house!! What a fright! Anyway, the lightening fried my cable modem and they don’t just let you come get another one. You have to make an appt. and let them come do it for you. Pooh! So I am typing this from work but too busy to ‘chat’. I miss you all……hopefully I’ll be back up and running next week.

Have a great weekend.

Zoe <><
Old 04-19-2002, 05:25 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick hello. Sami- great news about baby Madison. I will continue to pray for FIL and your family.
Zoe- praise the Lord that you are ok after the tornado! Thanks for letting us know that you are ok.
Gotta go make dinner. Thanks for the prayers about my new job.
The Lord has really shown me that this is the right move for me at this time.......and that the organization I have been working for for so long no longer is where I should be. He has given me such a peace about this. I will fill you in later.
Have a blessed evening.\
Ginny
Old 04-19-2002, 10:05 PM   #5  
Quit counting at 45!

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that DS and I made it home safely. It seemed like a long trip and I'm very tired. It's off to bed early for me tonight.

Talk to you tomorrow!
Old 04-19-2002, 10:27 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Wilma,
Praise God for your safe return. I hope that you rest well tonite. We are glad that you are home.
Ginny
Old 04-20-2002, 12:50 AM   #7  

Zoe-How scary...................I am so thankful you are alright! The Lord was watching over you. I will pray for fast service on your modem! We will miss not seeing your post more often.

Wilma-The Lord was watching over your DS and he is home safe and sound. Did he have any luck with the Job?

Ginny-Is it ok if I ask where you are working? I will pray for your DH who is still working at the other Job. How is your DS?

Had a good day and Praying that the scale rewards me on Mon>
Sami
Old 04-20-2002, 11:03 AM   #8  

Happy Weekend Chicks, and Gary

I am going to start a new plan. I plan to eat 5 times a day and stay aroung 1200 calories, concentrating on more vegetables, and protein from chicken, fish, soy, and beans. I am asking that you pray for me and I will be praying more for this group. I also plan to exercise 5 times a week with a 35 min walk. I will try to post more about ideas the Lord gives me, scriptures, and encouragement.

I am listening to a tape from Joyce Meyers, entitled THE ANSWER TO EVERY PROBLEM. Basically it is the power of hope. Hope in the Lord. And we truelly have the hope that tomorrow will be different and better.

DD is still with the mono, and not in school. I plan to take her for a drive today to get her out the house and a change in scenery. Please pray she is able to return to school soon, maybe next week at least half days.

Love in Christ, De
Old 04-21-2002, 07:06 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Sunday Afternoon

Hi Everyone--
Hope you all had a great day! I sure did- went to church this a.m., out of town about 20 miles in the country to a antique show and craft fair. Then my wife and I drove thru the countryside for a couple of hours just smelling all the blossoming orange trees-- it was a very nice way to spend the day-- she is out in the gym room now doing weights while I burn off the calories typing on tis keyboard. I had a pretty good few days here-- took Fri. off to take my son up to a track meet-- he had his best day ever in the high jump!! There were alot of kids there, 28 in his event alone-- schools from all over the U.S.- the U.K. and Austrailia. Worked yesterday to make up for Fri. then went to step-D softball game.
DE- I pray the mono ends soon for your DD- ZOE- we are all thankfull for your safety in the close call-WILMA- how did job hunting go for the boy? HI Sami and Ginny-- and all-- Gotta go-- Leaving you in the Love of Christ--Gary
Old 04-21-2002, 10:37 PM   #10  

Angry Hi guys!

I am glad to hear baby madison is doing better, Glad to hear your all right as well Zoe. Hope your up and running soon. We miss you! That's scary when it's that close, praise God we can find comfort in the Lord, when things like that occur. ECMOM glad to hear your enjoying the new job, that is important. Its important to feel like your where you think the Lord wants you. Gary sounds like you had a busy week. With all the sports meets and stuff, its nice that you made time to enjoy the Lord's day. I really enjoyed church this morning. The pastor was discussing Rahab, and the question was is it ever okay to lie to protect someone else, or lie in the name of love. (She is the lady from Jericho that lied to the pursuers, whenthey asked if the sons of Israel were there She said know, when she had hid them on the roof. Joshua Chap. 2 ( We decided that its human to lie when in such a situation, but we shouldn't we should have faith enough to know God doesn't need our assistance through sin to have things go the way He wants. It was a great discussion! De, I also enjoy Joyce Meyer she is very energized. I leave for a short vacation in New Hampshire , to the White Mountains for 3 days. So, I'll check back in Wed. evening . God Bless
Old 04-22-2002, 09:49 AM   #11  
Growing in Christ

Good morning all!

I couldn't believe the scale this morning.... I have one of those mini-doctor's type... the kind with a leveling weight on one end so you can always be sure it's zero-ed... I moved it to 3 different places in the room, re-zero-ing it everytime... still said the same thing. I lost 3.5 lbs last week!!! That puts me below my first mini-goal, and at a total loss of 20 lbs since I started 10 weeks ago. Yeah!!!!!!

If you happen to think of it, please be praying for the musical/drama our church is doing. The first show is Friday night, and there is still so much left to do. Pray for everyone involved, and especially for the unsaved people who will come to see it.

Ginny - hope your "homework" is going well!!!! Just remember, if you start getting discouraged, start singing your new theme song. "The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round......"

Patricia
173/153/138 (next mini)/105ish (final)
Old 04-22-2002, 10:18 AM   #12  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's a bright sunshiney day here today! It feels so springlike. You can't help but be in a good mood!

I went for a 1 mile walk yesterday. I hope to increase the distance over time. It felt great to get out there. This am I did some weights. It felt good to loosen some of those muscles.

Please pray for DS #1. He has his job interview this am at 10:00. It looks pretty good for him that he'll get the job and he's really pumped about it. This also means he gets a free membership to golf as much as he wants. Great incentive to do a good job.

Patricia: WOW! Way to Go!! You're doing awesome.

doitforme: Have a wonderful holiday It's so nice to be able to get away isn't it?

Gary: It soounds like you had a wonderful, relaxing day yesterday. It also sounds like you have a really neat relationship with your wife. God has blessed you!

De: Good luck on your new program. Keep us up to date on how you're doing!

Sami: Is your FIL moving in with you or is he going to his home? I'm praying for all of you.

Ginny: How is the new job going or have you started it yet? It's exciting and scary at the same time.

Zoe: I'm so glad that you're okay. Keep in touch whenever you can! Have a really great day!
Old 04-22-2002, 03:14 PM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Wilma- it is so good to hear that you got out for a walk and did some excercise! Makes you feel like a new person . And good that spring has arrived in Manitoba. But did you have to send winter back here to New York???????? (we might be getting some snow tonite)
Patricia- great job losing that weight and making your first goal!!!!

Oppsssssssss- gotta go- Dd needs something. I will get back on later and address the rest of you.
Ginny
Old 04-22-2002, 06:27 PM   #14  

Default Monday are here to stay

So, I can tell it is Monday!
I am so not in a good mood at all. I have been trying to sing praise songs all day long in my head, trying to make myself feel a little better. So far, not so good!

The weekend was not much better. My washing machine went out, my A/C is still not fixed and it is going to cost us 300.00 to fix the compressor, a new outside unit! I am not happy about that, but my dh reminded me that it could be a lot more money on the A/C. We are getting out cheaper than most.
As far as the washer, on of our friends has one is torage that they had when they were in there house, but the moved to an apartment, so we are going to be borrowing theirs. In the end, GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL!!!!!

Baby Callie is doing much better. She is eating formula, lungs are growing and stable. Blood gasses are coming back better and better. GOD IS GOOD!

I am hoping that all my blood work comes back with good news. For all who do not know, I am trying to get pregnant. I went this morning to get a blood test done to see if the fertility drugs they have been giving me are working! I am so high strung over this. My dh husband said I was obsessed with it! I am beginning to believe him!
I have eaten more junk in this weekend than I have in a few weeks! I had popcorn, ate out 3xs, and ice cream. I have to stay on focus but it is not easy for me, I am a stress eater. The more down and stressed I feel, the more junk I want!

Wilma- glad that you got out and excercised, dont you feel better?

Ginny-Is it snowing in New York yet? Wow, that is hard to believe, it was warm in Texas all weekend.

Zoe-Glad you are ok!

Patricia-Congrats on the weight loss!

Well, I know I missed that a lot of people!
I must get back to work.
Pravda
Old 04-22-2002, 09:31 PM   #15  

Default Weigh in Monday!

Another good week begins, 2 lbs. down = 5 lbs. so far

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend, God is Great.
So good to hear of the baby's continued growth. Our prayers are with you Madison.
My prayers are leaving Southern Ontario, to each of you.

April showers as Pat Boone sings are upon us here today, much needed rain in this farming area. ( Pat Boone? yep ages me eh?)

I also, am a Joyce Meyer booster, what great work she is doing for our Lord. She and Dr. Laura are certainly keeping women on the path to "better", all we have to do is listen. GOD, His Word, and teachers, asking us to listen. My motto is, I may not be able to help a whole lot, but, I can make a difference in my own little corner of His World, right here, in my own back yard.

Hugs to you all, from my little corner of His Earth!

Sister Joanne
196/191/aiming for 145 @ least.
Closed Thread