Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 10:22 AM   #16  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Rainy Tuesday Morning!

Hi! We are getting a much needed rain. Even though I want it to be dry the farmers are crying for the moisture. At least, so far, it's not snow.

I got in a walk after work yesterday. I put supper in the oven and went out. I am not pushing myself to go too far but I have to go a little further than I did yesterday. It does feel good! I also did my 10 minutes of weights this am. I like how it loosens me up for the day.

Thanks for your prayers concerning DS's job. He was hired!! He starts on Monday so that gives him a week to rest up from school and get some things together that he needs for work. He's really excited about it He thinks he gets a free membership to golf which adds to the appeal.

Gutchie: It's so good to see you back on track. Keep up the great work!

Pravda: Isn't God great? Even when things aren't going the way we want them to He has an answer. I'm so glad that Callie is doing so well. Let's pray that she doen't have any physical problems.

Ginny: I'm sorry you got the snow. I'm just glad it's raining here and not snowing!

I love the new home page!

Have a great day!
Old 04-23-2002, 11:40 AM   #17  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!
Pravda- great news about baby Callie!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
Wilma- glad that you have gotten some rain and walking time in!
Joanne- WTG on losing another 2 #. Well done!
I have another busy day- lots to do. It seems as though this entire week will be "all out" at least until I get to Friday. It might slow down then.........maybe a little...........? Aw, I do not mind.
I am thankful that I have been able to keep up with most of what I must get done. And someday, my house will get clean!
Off to go to the bank and drive Dd to a party. I hope to get my walk in this afternoon and will hopefully finish off this day without eating too much. I have really been slipping up in that department the past few days.
Gotta go.
have a great day.
Ginny
Old 04-25-2002, 08:36 AM   #18  

Blessing this morning,
It has been a stressful week for me and since I am a stress eater it has been tough. My FIL came home (he lives with my B-I-L) He is wasting away to nothing! I look at him and wonder what is keeping him here? He was a big guy in June when he had the stroke he weighted about 270 (he at one time weighted about 400) and to see him now is heart breaking! Please pray for my family to make it through this hard time. My work right now is VERY stressful. We are very short on Payroll so everyone has to step and do more than our share but of course there are some who don't even do there share!!!!
Thank you for letting me vent sorry I can't address everyone but got to go and get the kids to school so I can have some pease around here!

Have an OP day!
Sami
Old 04-25-2002, 09:12 AM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Wilma and Sami (and everyone else out there.....must be a busy week)- good to see your posts. I hope that each of you has a blessed day.
Sami- you have been thru a lot recently and the trials still come.
I will keep you and FIL and your family in prayer.
Ginny
Old 04-25-2002, 10:09 AM   #20  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It sure is quiet around here! Hopefully everyone is out there walking!!

Sami: I will definitely keep your family in my prayers. I know that this is a difficult time for you.

Ginny: The cleaning always waits for us doesn't it? I feel kind of guilty that I'm going away to a wedding the weekend. I have so much to do at home. I do have 2 days off next week so I'll be able to catch up then.

Do you remember my asking for prayer for DS's friend Shawn who has Hodgkin's disease? I thought it was about time for an update on how he's doing. He had tests done this past week and the xrays showed that his tumour has shrunk 80% already. Praise the Lord! We're so excited about this.

Well, I should get going and get some work done.

All you MIA's. Please come back. We need you!

Have a super day!
Old 04-26-2002, 10:11 AM   #21  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Where are you??

Please come back. I need you!!

I'm leaving early tomorrow morning to go to a wedding. I won't be back until Sunday sometime. I'll connect back with you then. Looking forward to reading lots of posts.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-26-2002, 12:15 PM   #22  

Thumbs down Hi Guys!

Hi! Just got back from vacation from the White Mountains, had a great time, ate to much, but was really fun. Glad to hear that the babies are doing good. Sorry to hear you week has been so stressed. I'm on vacation, so mine has gone pretty well. Gotta run, just popped in to catch up, and say Hi!
Old 04-26-2002, 08:28 PM   #23  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Talking Hey Guys

Hi Ladies-- I have not done a good job of posting this week Really busy at work, etc. SAMI I am still keeping your in-laws in my prayers--so sad. I also hope you get the help at work that you need. Hi to WILMA and GINNY and the rest of you. SUE- eating too much on vacation is ALLOWABLE!!
Just about to wrap up the kids college tennis and track seasons9 a little bit of a bummer for me-- I always miss it, however the break is nice--Daughter ends today (the league championships-she isn't playing though, only the top 6 and she is #7) my son has a couple more weeks of track left, this may be his last year though--he is eligible for 1 more year but he probably won't do it because the high school coaches want him back to assist them in track, cross-country and basketball--we shall see- he has tried to do both before but with school, work,coaching and his own sports it was just tooo much!! So he took this year off of coaching. Step-D is just about finished with her reg. season softball but she will make ALL-STARS so it may be a LONG summer at the ball-field---DS hit his 1st ever GRAND SLAM in his mens league softball game last night--still lost 22-12!!
WELL I will catch up later--IN HIS BLOOD--Gary
Old 04-27-2002, 12:38 PM   #24  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Hooray!! I'm all fixed!!

Hello my friends I'm fixed, I'm fixed, my modem is fixed!! I can't believe that the cable company wouldn't just let us go get another modem and bring it home, plug it in and be done with it. NOooooooooo, they want to make an appt to come to the house (and not imediately either as you have seen) and then not just fix it but try to find something else wrong. Thank goodness I had my computer whiz son Chris here to wait for them. Anyway, to make a long story short, I'm back up and running and so glad to be back online. I've missed you all!

Nothing new, unfortunately, the same old stuff....work and home, busy and busy. Ha! We will be leaving next Saturday afternoon for Williamsburg, VA for vacation. We're only going to be gone from Saturday through late Wednesday but 5 days is 5 days. I need to get away.

I need to re-read all your posts and will pray for any needs and concerns here. Wilma, praise God for Shawn and that news!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Keep looking up and He will sustain you

Last edited by Zoe; 04-28-2002 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-27-2002, 09:03 PM   #25  

I am back, hoping to be posting more often. My dd is doing alot better. She went to school 1/2 days this week. And she has alot more energy this weekend and a smile on her face.

I am doing alot better with my health. I saw a new doctor on Tuesday for a second opinion and she found I had a hormone imbalance. I feel better already with only 4 days on meds. And my eating is much better. I feel alot less stressedtoo. I walked so far 2 times this week but will try to walk tomorrow. I really want to increase to 5 times a week. I also am doing the Walk Away the Pounds videos 1 and 2. Haven't tried 3 yet. I will have to work up to that.

Keeping all of you in my prayers. Have a blessed Sunday.

De
Old 04-28-2002, 09:59 AM   #26  

Blessing to all,
I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry about not posting as often but I have been busy work on a scrapbook of my F-I-L life to give to my husband. My F-I-L is still not eating he is nothing more than skin and bone he is under 100 lbs now and it is sooooooo sad to see some one go through this.

De-So glad you saw another DR. and that your DD is doing much better. Will keep on praying for her continued improvement.

Zoe-YEAH your back!!! We have missed you! Enjoy your Vacation and when you get back you will be ready to get back OP!

Wilma-I am here! Sorry to be away so long. I have been so busy doing the scrapbook. From my scrapbook my kids are learning a lot about thier heritage. Enjoy the wedding! I will pray for a safe trip. And thanks for the update on your sons friend! God is Soooo Good!

Gary-Way to go on your sons GRAND Slam! How is the gym going?

Doingitforme-Sounds like you had a nice vacation! Did you stay in cabins or hotel?

Ginny-Thank you for your prayers. The prayers are what keeps me going. I am so stressed since my F-I-L has been so sick we go see him several times durning the week and on Sat and then we are gone on Sunday to church so we haven't gotten to spring clean our house and it starting to show!!!! (I have to admit but I still have my Christmas Village up in my plant window)

Pravda,Patrica,Gutchie, You are missed Post soon!

Prayers for an OP day,
Sami
Old 04-28-2002, 05:34 PM   #27  

Default Checking in.

God Bless each of you, on this the Lord's Day.

Today finds Southern Ontario foggy/cloudy/ and rainy. The April showers are bringing new green everywhere and now loads of puddles. Tomorrow will see my precious 3yr. old grandson Ryan desiring to jump in each and every one of those. Grandmother here, allows it, with boots on. One day his sister and myself in the heat of a rainy summers day, put on our bathing suits and had a riot in them. We quickly washed, dressed before her mom arrived home, our little secret. Grandmothers and grandchildren share those

Tomorrow is WW's but alas these past 2 days have saw me misbehaving. Well, Tuesday will be the start of another week and a restart. ( I'm very good a re-starts )

Hoping each of you is safe, attending a wonderful God's Word Worship today. As I now depart for evening Worship I shall sign off.

With God all is possible,
Sister Joanne
Closed Thread