Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 10:20 PM   #1  

Default Wanna try something new?

Okay, who's up to try something simple but kinda revolutionary? Here's what I propose:

Eat whatever you want to for breakfast, lunch, dinner or whenever else you're hungry -- but stop at 10 bites. If you start a meal (or a snack for that matter) knowing that you have only 10 bites of food, you're going to pick the best looking, tastiest pieces of food on your plate. Or if you're at a buffet, you won't feel compelled to try everything. After all, why waste some of your bites on so-so looking potato salad when you can go for a couple of bites of yummy-looking baked beans.

Eat each of your bites slowly, enjoy the texture and the taste of the food. After you've completed your 10th bite, wait for 15-20 minutes. Chances are you won't feel those hunger pangs any more!

True, you might be hungry again in a couple of hours, but guess what? You can have another 10 bites of food! Again, here's a suggestion: When you feel like you're hungry, wait 30 mins. before you eat -- just to make sure you're truly hungry (stomach hungry, not head hungry ).

So ... anybody wanna give this a try with me?! Post here and we'll do it together

Last edited by HollyGirl; 04-19-2002 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-20-2002, 01:09 PM   #2  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

Hi!

I actually do something kinda similar. I don't eat TILL I'M HUNGRY and at that time, I have NORMAL food...what everyone else is having or what I'm craving if I'm eating alone. But I only eat till I'm not hungry but not full yet either. I try to assess my situation every third bite or so. First, I hate that over-full feeling (makes me feel guilty and HUGE) and second, I tend to get indigestion (must be gettin' old). When I actually DO this and and mindful of what I'm eating, the weight comes off and I'm a happy kiddo...I've not been deprived or had to eat anything I don't really like. And when I KNOW I can have whatever, I tend to make better choices anyway. And I ALWAYS eat the best part first!

So, just thought I'd let you know that you're on to something! Hope it's going well for you! You might try posting this on the Buddies board. It seems to get more traffic and I bet a lot of people would be interested in doing this with you.

Good luck!
Closed Thread