3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Ready to Give Up (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/15386-ready-give-up.html)

yellowpagemaker 04-16-2002 09:08 PM

Ready to Give Up

I guess I'm feeling sorry for myself, or maybe I'm angry at myself,,,,I am such a failure once again in this struggle to lose weight:( At one time I weighed almost 500 pounds, and was so proud of myself when I began losing that weight. I got down to 261 pounds, THEN....I had to have a hysterectomy. Not only did I undergo the surgery once, but I almost died from a huge blood clot, and had to undergo a second surgery. That was very traumatic and now a year and a half after that surgery, I feel totally miserable!!! I am back up to 330 pounds, and I hate myself for allowing the weight to come back on. Everyone keeps telling me that the Premarin I have to take will make it harder to lose weight, so what do I do? I eat......All those aches and pains, (hips hurting, knees hurting) of being so heavy are coming back, I have no energy when I get home from work, I just feel like curling up on the couch. Today while at work, a girl was talking and asked me why I don't get my stomach stapled since I can't control my eating. That devastated me!!!:( I look awful....I have a huge "fat skirt" and I feel so self concious of it. I feel that is what people see when they see me. Before, when I was losing my weight, my self-esteem sky rocketed, and I felt like I actually belonged, NOW....I am feeling as if I am the star attraction in the freak show at the carnival :cry:......I have nobody to talk to about how I feel,,,,,I was surfing the net, and stumbled upon this site....it jumped out at me, and so now here I am crying on complete strangers shoulders (eyes)......I WANT to lose this weight....I WANT to live again.......I just don't know how to go about it.

Thanks for listening,,,,,,,

Yellowpagemaker

Wildfire 04-16-2002 09:19 PM

Hi yellow....don't be blue :) You've come to the right place for support! There are lots of us who've fought this battle more than once, believe me! You're not alone in feeling helpless and frustrated, but we do our best to keep each other motivated.

Start by taking small steps, like drinking those 8 glasses of water a day, then the next week aim for something like getting in those five servings of fruits and veggies a day, or adding 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week, etc. Don't try to do it all at once, and be proud of yourself for even the smallest accomplishments! Before you know it, you'll be back in the swing of things again and your way to a healthier you.

Have a look around at the numerous groups that are on the go here, drop in and introduce yourself! New members are always welcomed warmly, so don't be shy. Find a group that shares your interests/age/diet plan, etc., and start posting!

Oh, and I'm sure I would have asked that creature why she didn't get her mouth stapled shut since she obviously can't control what comes out of it! :D Don't you worry about her or people like her....what goes around comes around....always has, always will.

Welcome to the board!

yellowpagemaker 04-16-2002 09:42 PM

Thanks Wildfire!!! You're words are very encouraging, and you brought a smile to my face!:) I am going to start with my 8 glasses of water tomorrow!!!! I know it is a slow process, and I do think after reading several of the posts here, I have come to the right place for support and friendship:) I want to be able to be here for you, and the others also!!

I read your profile, and we share birthdays!!! August 7th.

Again thank you, you have given me some hope!!!!

Yellowpagemaker

thinthinker 04-16-2002 09:52 PM

Hi Yellowpagemaker: You have definately come to the right place. There are numerous threads here of wonderful people who are just waiting to reach out to you.

Wildfire is so right. Start with small steps. It's not so much that you don't know HOW to do this losing weight thing, it's just that you don't REMEMBER just now. It will all come back to you. "Just like riding a bike".

The first week concentrate on the water. The second work on more servings of fruits/veggies. It's tough, but by biting off one good habit at a time to re-work on, you'll be back in the swing of things in no time.

I would like to invite you to join us at '300+ And Ready To Try Again'. We are a fun bunch and love to welcome newcomers. We are of all different sizes, on all different plans, with one thing in common; we all want to get healthy and we've all been there before and are working on it again. Please, at least stop by, grab a bottle of water, and get to know up. I promise you'll connect.

2cute2Bfat 04-17-2002 01:59 AM

I want to welcome you too !!!!!! :D

Yellow.... don't be blue. Just follow the suggestions given and you will be back in the pink in no time... and that rude lady will be green with envy. :smug: .... :lol:

On a more serious note... most of us in the 300+ and Ready to Try Again group have been where you are. Lost weight... gained it back... and are trying again.
The details may be different... but the process to lose this weight is the same....
Eat more healthy, drink plenty of water, move our bodies, and feed our minds a healthy diet of affirmations, inspirations, for some of us.. meditations.

You did a great job losing so much weight in the past... you CAN do it again. There are many success stories here in this site.
Whether you join 300+ or any other group... you will definitely find support, suggestions, and unconditional acceptance.

Wildfire 04-17-2002 09:59 PM

Hi yellow...another astrological twin! I have a friend in NY that I met on a bulletin board who also shares our birthday. He and I were even born the same year, and only an hour apart. Isn't that neat?

I'm so glad you're feeling better today, and have started to set goals, like drinking the water. Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't all go according to plan. We are human. We will be tempted. Just remember that every morning brings you a brand new day to start over if you slip up.

I know you've joined up with the 300+ and ready to start again group...they're a great bunch, and I'm sure you'll be fast friends before you know it. :) I post at the Alternative Group...drop by anytime!

PS: to add a post to a discussion, hit the "post reply" button. The "New Thread" button starts a new discussion. :)