Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 11:14 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ And Ready To Try Again... #160

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Old 04-23-2002, 11:22 PM   #2  

Smile We are on a roll.....

Here I am again....just stopping in to share my baby steps.
I ate a baked pork chop and green beans for dinner.
I went shopping at Walmart tonight and grabbed a bottle of diet coke and put it back and got a bottle of water instead. I looked at all the candy in the check out line and said... "nope, not today."
I feel soooooo much better when I follow my program.
I get so much more done.

I do want to share that Walmart has tank tops for $5 that fit ME... and if they fit me.. they will fit all of you too. I don't wear sleeveless in public.. but I love them for at home and going to the lake. They are paired up as 2for$10... but I mixed and match the ones I wanted. You don't find them that cheap very often.

Well friends... I have been her 3-4 times today.. and slept late.. and got a lot done too. Being out of the food is GRAND !!!!!!

Thin... I definitely know that I have and still do use food as a comfort thing. My hubby has many many fine qualities... but comforting, understanding, and hugging is not one of them.
I actually don't why I am laughing....it is kind of sad.
I have felt sooooo alone in the middle of my family and friends.

BUT.... I don't want to focus on that tonight.
I want to focus on my 2 days on program.
You would think I had lost 100lbs with as excited as I am. LOL
I think it has to do with how BAD I was this weekend .... I never expected it to be so easy to get back on program.
I sure am GRATEFUL !!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 11:45 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

Default Sorry so short....

I have tried to access this board all day and just now got it and I have to go to bed......6:00 am is not far away. Just wanted to pop in and say hi and I will be back tomorrow. {{{Hugs to you all}}}}

Had a real sweet day with my hubby today and I feel inspired so I'm attaching my favorite picure of us again......

Last edited by QueenB; 04-23-2002 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:37 AM   #4  

hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good tuesday. I did okay. actually got my tom today. whew it's finally regular. I think my bods getting used to these changes. Last night after my nap about 1:30 in the morning, I was watching discovery health. There was this show called fitness fantasy. A nutritionist cooked up a simple meal. Well I tried it for dinner and it was delicious.

1/2 cup cooked corkscrew pasta
3oz chicken (I boiled it)
2 cups mixed vegetables steamed or nuked (I used the oriental veggies fm costco)
ff italian dressing to taste.
mix together. ummm.

Kat, my sister had eczema real bad--on her face and bod. I don't know what she did to stop it, but it went away. She loved to scratch all the time. She has a host of problems--asthma and anemia. But to hear her I have the largest problem of all. Argh.
She's sooo perfect.

Lucky, keep your roses covered. Spring will come soon. Cross my fingers. We barely had spring went straight to summer. But I love this time of year. Everything fresh and new. The days are hot but rise to about 82 degrees. Even the ocean is clean and clear (no suntan oil slicks). I need to commune with the ocean this weekend--talking about it has created a yearning.

Sweet dreams,
Malia
Old 04-24-2002, 07:57 AM   #5  

Malia that sounds so wonderful - commune with the ocean. We have to come and visit you when we decide to be suntan oil chicks!!!!

2Cute I think being lonely in a crowd (family, friends) is the worst. I just feel more alone. I have been feeling that way too - too long of a story for now I have to get to work. I do believe its up to me to take care of this feeling - more later.....

I also read an article about metabolism and what you need to eat to lose weight. Will post that tonight!!!

Now you will all be waiting for me!!!!

I hope I get back here because the winds are at 30 miles an hour with gusts to 50!!!!! I will have to hang on tight to my purse!!
Old 04-24-2002, 11:23 AM   #6  
a work in progress...

Tuesday Tip...

Be grateful for all that you do have...count your blessings.

I am so grateful for you, my friends. I know the feeling of "being lonely in a crowd," but I never feel that here, with all of you. Thank you all so much for the info...it is truly appreciated!

2cute...I always wanted to try a tanning bed, a little scared to though, (claustrophobia!) but it sure makes sense...I used to take my daughter for ultraviolet treatments at the dermatologist's office (she's got it too) We may have to go do some tanning together! (Remember my adage about TANNED fat!) I'm glad to hear about your GOOD days, keep it up!

My daughter has had problems with psoriasis/eczema since she was about four years old...we used to give her tar baths, try to get her to take cod liver oil (that was fun), taken her to a number of dermatologists...I'm convinced they all have licenses in quackery...each one gave a vague diagnosis with instructions to come back each week ($$$$$)for treatments that never really helped anymore than anything I was doing for her at home. I used to pray to God that he would take it away from her and give it to me...well...he gave it to me all right, just forgot to take it away from her! Thanks, God! Enough of the pity party...

Baylee...Thanks for the tip on Burts Bees...I'll check out GNC, if not, will try to order online...Yard work counts as exercise! Bending over and picking up the yard is DEFINITELY exercise! Gets me huffing and puffing!

Theresa...thank you, too...I used to bathe my daughter in Aveeno, never thought to try it myself! (duh!) I'll give it a shot! I'll look for Dermarest Psoriasis too! You best get back to that doc...you need a different antibiotic if that one hasn't helped by now! Hope you feel better.

Lucky...Wow! Did that story bring tears to me eyes!! They always tease me around here about my "waterworks!" Thanks for that...we ARE wonderful, aren't we? We just need someone to notice every once in a while!

Thin...Thanks for your article too. ...Yesterday I was having one of those days that I just could not eat enough to squelch feelings of...what? I'm not sure, I guess frustration...I really hate my job anymore...I hate the hours, I hate the people, I hate the job...I hate what it does to my life...I hate being tired...I guess it's time to move on, huh? But that's scary, because I've been there since I was 18...spent more than HALF MY LIFE THERE!! This is the exact reason that I DO need to do something else...just not sure what...other than to stop eating to comfort myself...just writing that and acknowledging it is very helpful...thanks!

Tina...so glad you're back! Sounds like a fun weekend! You and your hubby are so cute!

Mary...I don't think that you did so bad... you deserve a treat with all that you do! Just make up for an indulgence the next day with more veggies or more water!

Michelle...thanks for the muffin recipe...I will give it a shot! I was going to make them this AM, but got up later than I wanted to, so I settled on a smoothie instead...It was really GOOD! (FF peach yogurt, 4 oz soy milk, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 kiwi...(5 points) I just kind of create the recipes with what I have on hand.

Malia...mmmm, that sounds good! I think I know what I'm having for lunch! I'll put tuna in it instead of chicken...

babette, thanks for "lurking" and for the advice...feel free to join in the fun ANYTIME!

Who else?? Susie, Duckie, Jen, Andria...Hi! Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Lots to do today...starting with cutting the grass. I bought a new radio/cassette player yesterday, to listen to my new Kathy Smith walking tape. (Came with the renewal of Prevention subscription.)

Thanks again to all for your advice!
Love ya lots!
Old 04-24-2002, 01:07 PM   #7  

Smile Weigh in Wednesday...

It is Weigh in Wednesday and since I am floating on cloud nine I must have lost a TON since Monday.

HI guys.... No time to visit. I am DETERMINED to finish my bedroom by Friday ... hopefully tomorrow. But if that is to be ... then I have to stay off the computer, turn off the TV ... cut off all communications with the rest of the world. LOL

My food is GREAT still. I think that is one reason I have so much energy to get this done. I have finally made my final decisions on my drapes.. and that means I am making part of them myself.
It is soooooo hard to find stuff to match. I HIGHLY recommend if you are redoing your bedroom to ONLY BUY prematched matched sets. I have been to the end of the world and back trying to match materials. I still don't think they are a perfect match ... but I do like what I chose ... so they will be fine.
As I always say... "good is good enough".

I am not even going to read any posts today. Just wanted everyone to know I won't be here much today or tomorrow. I AM DETERMINED!!!!!... food wise and bedroom.
Old 04-24-2002, 01:34 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

Default Gooood Afternoon!

I just came back from Wal-mart....I ended up spending $65!! Most on clothes for my little baby boy! Only he ain't so little anymore!! I spent $40 on him alone! He deserves it though..he is usually such a good little boy! I did get myself 20 of those Pria bars. They are usually .77 at wal-mart but now are only .68. I paid .99 at the market and that was a sale price!! I love those bars for 2 pts each....its just like eating candy. They don't have that phony taste like the WW bars do and much cheaper! I paid $6 for a box of 4 of the WW ones.

Weigh in day is tomorrow morning and I am NOT looking forward to getting on that scale! I have been trying and trying to reverse bank some points but its hard being home all day. I try to keep busy but sometimes it don't work...I just want to eat and eat and eat!

2Cute...you better take an occasional break and come keep me out of trouble today and tomorrow. I need you!!

Kat I am going to clean up the patio out back and do the chairs and umbrella and clean the table. It might make it look like summer out there! At least the sun is shining even though its a bit cool out.

Malia I am going to try that recipe...it really sounds good! I like to try different things so I don't get bored with my food!

Baylee did you walk this morning? I keep saying I am going to get out there but keep finding other things to do instead!

Tina make sure you come back here!!

Hi to everyone else....

I'll be back!!
Michelle

Old 04-24-2002, 01:58 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Thumbs down Time out...

I just finished cutting the grass in the front yard...came in for water and decided it was LUNCH TIME! I fixed myself a TROUGH of salad, topped it with some turkey and a slice of swiss cheese...with the dressing it is about 8 points, but it is huge! You know how I like to consume mass quantities! I haven't been too good with veggies lately so this will definitely fulfill my veg requirement for the day. Watermelon chunks for afters...mmm! My compost pile will appreciate all the nice donations I'll make today.

Back to the grind...I must proceed with caution...chatty neighbor is lurking in the back yard...evasive maneuvers are required here...headphones and some happenin' tunes may keep him at bay...(I must look cute, singing along with with my tape...looks like I'm talking to either myself or the grass!) Wish me luck

later dudes...
Old 04-24-2002, 02:00 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone

Well I guess I killed two birds with one stone today. I went to the doctor for my ear,,,and in the process I HAD to get on the scale. I was somewhat surprised to see my numbers down from 331 to 226....so 5lbs in 2 weeks. As for my ear,,,the news wasn't so good The doctor seems to think I have a staph infection in it,,,he sent me for lab work, and I have to go back on Friday morning. He says if it isn't better by Friday with the oral antibiotics, and the antibiotic drops he prescribed today, he may have to put me in the hospital for some IV antibiotic therapy, and to do some kind of ear wash.....So girls wish me luck that these antibiotics kick in!!!!

It's amazing how many of us have the same feelings. I come from a large family, (the baby of 10 total) and yet I always seem to feel so alone. My siblings always come to me when they need someone to talk to, but I just don't feel comfortable talking to them,,,,I'm so grateful I have found you girls!!!! I finally feel as if I belong somewhere!!!

This is going to be short....I'm pretty drained from all the poking and prodding on my ear, and in some pain, so the couch sounds pretty good right now I will try to check in on everyone later this evening....

You are all on the net!!!

Theresa
Old 04-24-2002, 03:36 PM   #11  
You and Me in 2003

Hello Ladies
not much going on today my day started out ok
Breakfast
egg substitute scrambled with green peppers and onions
veggie sau patty
english muffin
coffee

Lunch Veggy burger with grilled onions on bun
fat free chips
apple
sugar free lemonade

dinner
chicken salad sand

snack
ww ice cream sundae cup

I may get to work most of May at the library. The head librarian is leaving on May 1 for a new job so I can get more sub hours until they hire a new one. I'll check in later.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:42 PM   #12  
I'm on my way!

Ok you all...wish me luck!

We took down the crib today and set up the car bed for my little baby boy! I know its going to be alooooooooong nite trying to get him to stay in his bed. We did put a gate in his doorway so if he does get up at least he won't be roaming the house! His room is all baby proofed so he will be safe. I say we will find him on the floor sleeping or in the closet sleeping or somewhere other than the bed. He likes it though...he climbs in and out of it just fine over and over again.

I may be sooooo tired in the morning!

I better get going and drink some more water. I'll catch you all then! Have a great night!
Michelle
Old 04-24-2002, 09:25 PM   #13  

Kat: I have a friend that is scared of tanning beds too but has found she isn't claustrophobic using the stand up ones....just my tip....
Old 04-24-2002, 09:28 PM   #14  

Okay here it is:

What’s your metabolic type?

The first step to tailoring your diet for maximum energy and fat burning is to determine which of three metabolic types best describes you.

1. In the morning, my appetite is usually: a/pretty low or lacking b/average c/ big! I’m hungry
2. For breakfast, my appetite is best satisfied with: a/lighter foods like fruit, ceral or yogurt b/a blend of foods like eggs, toast and fruit c/ heavier foods like eggs, and bacon or sausage.
3. Around dinnertime my appetite is: a/low or lacking b/ average c/ big! I’m hungry
4. If I skip meals: a/it doesn’t’ bother me, I can easily forget to eat b/ I generally feel okay but won’t be at my best c/I feel irritable, jitter, weak, tired or have other unpleasant symptoms
5. When it comes to weather: a/I feel and function best in warm or hot weather b/ it makes no difference whether it is hot or cold c/I perform better in cool or cold temperatures, I can’t stand heat.
6. For maximum energy, I need to eat: a/ two to three meals a day with either no snacks or light snacks b/ three times a day with no snacks c/three meals or more a day with substantial snacks
7. My reaction to eating red meat is: a/I experience decreased energy or depression and irritability b/ I don’t notice one way or the other c/ I definitely feel good or better when I eat steak, hamburgers or lamb

Mostly A’s You’re probably a carb type = You would do well on lowfat, relatively low protein meal plan – one that includes liberal amounts of carbohydrates in the form of vegetables, fruits and whole grains and limited amount of protein and fat.

Mostly A’s You’re a mixed type = While your appetite and cravings are average, if you don’t get the right blend of nutrients, you can easily move to the carb or protein type categories

Mostly C’s You’re likely a protein type = You would do best in a diet that includes plenty of high density, high-fat proteins knows as “high purine” proteins, red meat, dark chicken and turkey meat, and various kinds of seafood.

Old 04-25-2002, 12:43 AM   #15  

Unhappy I am sooooooo sore.

Hello again.
I am still alive but barely.
I can't believe how longgggggggg I shopped.
I had so much to return....(I have to see it to know I don't like it. LOL).
I then bought more. LOL. It sounds like I am made of money...LOL ...I just spend the money I got refunded.

I "think" I have everything now. If I can walk tomorrow... ... I will find out.
I hurt from the tips of my toe nails to the top of my head.
I have taken enough pain killers just today .... to last through the weekend.
But everything is starting to shape up. I should be done by Friday night.
I still need to sew my curtains... and hang pictures and accessories.

I got up at 5:30am this morning and I had every intention of going to see my parents.
But I got decorating ... and at 8am I got in the car to start my drive to Missouri.
But I just couldn't go until I get my bedroom done.
They are both doing well ... and I don't get in the "mood" to work too often. LOL
Well today... I worked like a dog from 5:30am- 4:00pm.... then started returning merchandise and buying more until Garden Ridge announced that it was 9pm and the store was closing.

My food was GOOD today. But... I did not eat any veggies.
I drank plenty of water ... and I walked till I can't walk anymore.
I am sooooo afraid I won't be able to walk tomorrow. That will put me behind again.
I am going to force myself to go to bed at midnight even if I am not sleepy.
Well friends... I am going to go read all of the posts from today. I probably won't respond. Please know it is not you.... I am just pooped out. LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-25-2002 at 12:47 AM.
Closed Thread