Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 05:24 PM   #16  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Wink CONTINUE

I didn't want to lose another post due to length!!
ZOE-your DH sounds like a great guy-not too many guys would allow their wives in on their sports! You will love the golf-plus the time shared!! SUE- how cool for you to be able to clean your church-- we have a school also so we have janitors that we pay- it is a almost full time job. GINNY- take it easy!! slow done a little ( if you can) PATRICIA- your house sounds like the showing of 7th HEAVEN!!! good luck with the play! I'm sure it will go well--autographs for all if you get famous RIGHT? WILMA- I am praying for the right job for your son-- a job at the golf course sounds great--Although my son carries a full load at school,works at the sporting goods store part time, trains every day for 3 hours for his sports- he still has time to sleep on the couch!! If he didn't do all these things he would have couch sores!!!
Well it is my turn to make dinner so I shall leave you all to your daily trials and blessings!! In CHRIST--Gary
Old 04-15-2002, 07:19 PM   #17  

Angry Hi!

I had a whole post written, when I went to submit it, it said your not logged in, I went back and the funny thing is it said, thanks for logging in, go figure, any way my whole day has gone like that. I got stuck in a van that was broke down for two hours waiting for a tow truck, and alternate transportation. I just got the words out of my mouth or should I say off my fingers. How we should not be upset about such incedental things, where no one is actually hurt, when whammo, this happens. Somebody has a sense of humor.???????????I will try to keep mine. As I was saying count your blessing every day, count them one by one.l Glad to hear all is well, I'm almost afraid to continue. Maybe I just check back later. Maybe the dark cloud will have disappated a little.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:50 PM   #18  
burned out bus driver

Good evening,
Great to see all the posts- and hear from some who have not had much of a chance to post recently. Once again, I only have a few minutes, so I will just say hello and let you know that I keep you in my prayers. Speaking of prayers, I must get more diligent about my prayer life.........which has been a bit weak recently. The excuse of "I have been busy" is the reason why, but that is rather shallow and not what God wants! Guess I ought to get back to some sort of discipline with that.

Have a great nite
Ginny
Old 04-16-2002, 08:39 AM   #19  

Blessing to all!
My WI went great! Drum roll...........I lost 9 lbs last week! I know the first couple weeks you lose the most then it drop down to a couple a week but I will take it! It just showed me how much I was cheating before. I think the biggest change I have made is cutting out soda. If I want soda I drink diet Rite it has no cal and no sodium! I think when I hit the 20lb loss I will see a change in blood pressure and sugar.

EZ-I never knew how much stress and total Joy I could have until I had Children. I have 6 and I love holidays. My oldest is getting married next year Mike is a great guy and I love him like my own. He is an only child and he love to be around the gang! I see others at work who send so much time at work and missing out on the kids lives.

Wilma-so glad your feeling well. Praying it is all behind you! And that DS gets that job!

Ginny-I hope things are calming down.

Doitforme-Momma said there would be days like this

Patricia-Wow it sound like fun! Is the play the life of Jesus? I had sick kids last week that is so draining!

Zoe-Just vision if you look young now just think how young you will look when you reach your goal! I hate to exercise! I have been putting on music and dancing (kind of the Richard Simmons thing) And boy do I pray that my neighbors can't see inside the window!

I pray everyone has an OP day!
Sami
Old 04-16-2002, 10:08 AM   #20  
Quit counting at 45!

Sami: Hurrah!! Clap! Clap! Clap! You're doing awesome. Keep up the good work!!

I am feeling more energetic as the days get brighter and longer. I am actually itching to get outside and do some yard work. It's still a little too wet but I am thinking about what to plant in my garden.

I get off work an hour early today so I will have time to go for a walk. I find that my body is craving it but my will is still struggling with it. Why is it that I know what is good for my body to be healthy but I don't do it? Carnal nature!

Have a great day!
Old 04-16-2002, 11:06 AM   #21  

Thumbs down Good Morning!

Gonna need those shades today, it suppose to hit 85. I love the sun, and pray today goes smoother than yesterday. Thanks wilma and your absolutely right, momma did say there would be days like that, praise God they are not too often. CONGRADULATIONS on the 9lb lose that was great. I gained 2 lbs, but my rings are tight so I think its the water thing again, I lost one today so maybe tom. I'll be back to 9lb to go. I am happy though I have only been at this since Jan. 2 and have lost 50lbs. So, I know the body has to adjust a little. ECMOM- It is so true we come up with excuses to put prayer off, as well as bible study, Speaking of which I need to catch up my devotions after I post, priorities are lined up wrong again, God forgive me I know He will. Well gotta Run, talk to ya later. God Bless
Old 04-16-2002, 11:52 AM   #22  

Default Tuesday

Sami-Congrats on the 9lbs loss! That is great, keep up the good work. I remember how I felt when I lost the 1st pounds.

Well, I am doing good this week so far, then again it is only Tuesday. The A/C in our house went out, we had someone come look at it yesterday, he will call us today with an estimate. He said that it should not cost more than 100.00 to fix, but with my luck, it will be the only one out there that is no longer made, and he will have to specail order it and will cost 1000.00! Of course I am in Texas, where the summers are not nice! I am not looking forward to not having an A/C this summer, the temps are already unseansonally warm! We will see.........

Callie, the baby that was born early, made it thru a whole week. She is doing ok. She had some trouble with her kidneys, but they seem to be ok. Other than that, it is still a waiting game. Thanks for all the prayers.

I am trying to convince myself that I NEED to get back to working out. I was doing so good there for a while and now I have not been back since Feb some time. I know that I have to go sometime, but finding the time to do it is not easy.
I have not weighed myself in a few weeks, so I am sure tht things are back up. But I am still trying to eat healthy and better.

Ds is taking the TAAS test today and tomorrow, I pray that he does ok. He has been tutoriung for this for the past month or so. These test, for all who dont know, are given state wide in Texas and it kinda tells how the teachers will deal with the kids nextr year. If they do well, they might get into some advanced classes. He will be fine,. I am sure.

Well, I have not had a chance to read all the posting, so I am sure that there a lot of good things going on with you guys. I am praying for you all!

Pravda
262/245/125
mini goal 220 by aug 2002
Old 04-16-2002, 02:39 PM   #23  

Good morning Everyone!
I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing good! I just wanted to say that This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. I woke up this morning heavy! I was bumming around when I thought to myself, "hey, what's wrong with you! Get yourself together." Now usually, I don't rise to that occasion, but, for some reason, this morning I felt if I didn't, all of **** would break loose against me! I slowly moved my body towards the bathtub, totally late for work. I felt like everything was shutting down. As I sat in the hot water, I just started to say to myself, "I'm going to have a good day, regardless of what's going on or how I feel right now, there are good things in store for me. This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." It took a good talking of about twenty minutes, but by the time I got out, I was refreshed and ready for the day. I thought I would encourage all of you. Sometime things can get blown all out of proportion, especially when we let it sit in our minds and stir. It's when we fill that same space up with good things, it shoves the other out. Anyways, late for work and all, I'm having a good day.
Old 04-17-2002, 12:04 AM   #24  

Terese-We all have days like that. And I like the way you handled it. This is the day that the Lord has made!!!!! I just keep thinking how great it will be when I don't wake up heavy!

Pravda-So glad to hear Callie is doing well! Praise The LORD!!! You hang in there with the Weight gain don't give up!

I have a prayer request. Saturday someone who goes to our Church had her baby at 24weeks she weighted 1lb 15oz. Her name is Madison. This is there first baby. She is holding her own and doing well. Please keep her in your prayers.

It is late and I am dead! Have a blessed night!
Sami
Old 04-17-2002, 08:02 AM   #25  

Default hi , just registered today

Hello all,
I just found out about this BB and registered today.

I am a christian lady who believes in the power of prayer.. but I still have such a struggle with food , and lately it seems to be getting worse. I would appreciate any prayers.

Nice to meet all of you,
Have a blessed day.
TeeJay
Old 04-17-2002, 08:16 AM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Welcome TeeJay!!!
Sami- I will remember Madison in prayer......so young and little. The Lord loves us all..........
Off to a busy day, but I wanted to check in and read your posts.

Good news, Pravda about Callie, and Wilma that you are feeling better.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 04-17-2002, 09:20 AM   #27  

Thumbs down Hello !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your right It is a day the LOrd has made, and lets rejoicce. It is beautif-u-l- l our there. Its 85 already. Get your shades you'll need them. I am happy Terese that you delt with that the right way. There is no reason to beat up on yourself. There is always tom. and things could be so much worse. I haven't lost anything in a week now, but it'll come. Pravada, glad to hear callie is holding her own, She continues on my prayer list. Sami -I am sorry to hear about Madison, I will add her to the list as well.
Welcome teejay, we are happy you decided to join us, the more the merrier. Ecmom- you are so right He does love us all, even though we don't deserve it, and often put him in second place,. God Bless , I gotta go to work so I'll check back this afternoon. Have a blessed day!!
Old 04-17-2002, 10:20 AM   #28  
Quit counting at 45!

Default This IS the day that the Lord has made!

It has been very interesting around here! We had 4 inches of wet, sticky snow fall overnight. The roads are aweful. It took me twice as long to get to work as it normally does. Thank the Lord we made it safely. It should all be melted off the roads by after work. What a mess!! Our yard was just drying up too! Oh well, the farmers are happy. The land did need the moisture.

I went to Bible Study last night and was blessed. Our topic is Caring for Others. It's so important to think of others even when we're busy. I need to be more aware of what is going on around me.

Doitforme: You're doing great! Keep it up! Send me some of your warm weather!

Pravda: I'm so glad to hear that Callie is holding her own. She is still in my prayers. I also can identify with you about exercise. I am finding it a real struggle. No excuses! Let's get moving!!

Terese: Sometimes it is mind over matter. Our attitude is a decision most of the time. I really struggle with that. My DH is so good for me in that he lets me know when I have a bad attitude.

Sami: I will definitely pray for Madison. I'm glad to hear she's doing well.

TeeJay: Welcome! This is a wonderful place to come for encouragement. We're looking forward to getting to know you.

Ginny: You seem to be so busy all the time. Do you take time for yourself? I hope so. You deserve it.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 04-17-2002, 01:55 PM   #29  

Default Wednesday

We had a bought with Tornados last night. That was scary. They were too close to my house. I was at work, but my Ds and Dh were home. I was so worried! But God was watching over us and they never came close to our neighborhood! I was so thankful. They were like 1/2 mi away though.

Today I am determined to stay on plan. I am doing good so far.

TeeJay-Welcome. We are glad you found us! Hope that you get the encouragement you need here. We are here for you, just ask!

Sami-I will pray for Madison. I am not too sure how close you are to the family, but with Callie, we are best friends, the best thing we have done for them, is be there to listen, hold there hands and pray!

Wilma-glad to hear that you are feeling better. I am determined to get in some kind of excersice today! What about you?

For any that I missed...Hello and have a great Wednesday!

pravda
262/245/125
mini goal 220 aug 2002
Old 04-17-2002, 07:07 PM   #30  

Default 1st. WW's Update.

Hi girls, and Gary.
1st. week saw a loss of 3 pounds. I was thrilled until I read that 9, way to go girl! Congrats!

My prayers go out to the early "little babes". Dh and I lost 2 tiny ones born away to early, unfortunately neither son born alive.
Such progress has been made today in neo departments they can do much more now. God Bless the little child.

Summer is here in Southern Ontario. Gee, 2 weeks ago a blizzard, now, 85 degrees and a sweat happening while working at the barn chores. The 2 goats, and our quarter horse are flying about the fields enjoying every moment of it. Ds has already been stung by the first bee on the farm and as for the lady bugs, you ladies want some? Talk about lots of them, we're swatting them everywhere.

Well its Wednesday evening and it finds me off to Bible Study.
Our topic this month, the book of Romans.
God Bless each of you.
Have a good OP week everyone.
Hugs from the farm.

Sister Joanne
Closed Thread