Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 05:24 PM   #1  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up Suddenly 2 Chins

fda
I swear, I suddenly have 2 chins.
I know how I ended up into the "2's". Last year was very difficult and mashed potatos make it all go away. Now here I am, trying to find a way to lose weight and I'm ashamed of myself. I'm ashamed to go for walks because things jiggle. I'll do yoga at home and then skip it for 3 days in a row. I'm pretty much at my wits end.
To top it off, I get to go to a reunion on May 9th. Thrilled to death, I tell you. I'm more worried about my reunion then fitting into my wedding dress last year (of course, considering the timing of my wedding not much did matter anymore). I'm pretty much in the dumps. I cried about it last weekend and my husband was very sympathetic-he said he'd stick by me no matter what I chose to do but do you know what that did? It reaffirmed to me that he does think I'm fat. I'm a mess.
Do I need motivation? Yes. Why isn't summertime and cute summer clothes motivation for me? Why does it just not matter? How can I do really well all day and then eat a damned Hershey bar at my desK?
Old 04-10-2002, 03:12 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

I wish I had some words of wisdom for you.. but I don't.
But I DO have a big {{{ HUG }}} for you.

We have all been there.
I guess it takes something to click inside us to make us finally commit to a healthier lifestyle.
For me... it takes acceptance that I have to change the way I eat.
I have to quit playing games with food.
I have to start with small progress and then build from there.

Keep reading here in 3FC's.
There is sooooo much info and inspiration.
Sorry I could not be of more help.
I just felt compelled to give you that hug.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:10 AM   #3  

My heart is going out to you. I can remember seeing a picture of myself and I didn't know who it was! But yet did that help? All I can say it don't give up! I have found so much help here on the 3fc and I am now losing again. Here we understand how hard it is and we are here for each other! Just take it one meal at a time! I find that if I jump in and change everthing a once I fail but if I try to change one bad habit at a time I do better. I hope this helps. And a big HUG to you.

Sami
Old 04-14-2002, 02:40 PM   #4  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Wink

Thank you to those who gave me the big hugs. I need them. I started Atkins yesterday. I know it's been a day but that first day was HARD. My husband is behind me 100%. i think the only thing I'll miss, especially during my 2 week induction, is chocolate. BUT I found some carb drinks that are chocolate with only 4 carbs per serving.

I hope this works.
Old 04-14-2002, 03:13 PM   #5  

When I have a big craving for chocolate I get these fudge pops that are sugar free and they are only like 20 cals or I drink Diet hot chocolate only 10 cal (not the fat free and it is hard to find)
Good luck and we are here for you!
Sami
Closed Thread